What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Californication, 6 episodes in, a more laidback kind of show, it has some sharp writing and Duchovny has fun with Hank Moody.

If you hate looking at gorgeous women, this is not the show for you. As a matter of fact, I'd call this show a bit female-unfriendly.

First 2 episodes of the subtitled - subtitted, i wrote - TRUE DETECTIVE II. I like it, Colin Farrell, i always had a soft spot for him even when he's often referred to as a douchebag.

Watching Bojack Horseman. Much better than anticipated. I was expecting some kind Family Guy/Aqua Teen Hunger Force-lite parade of raunchiness and pop-culture references but it has more in common with shows like Louie. Relatively low key and character driven (compared to my previous expectations, at least).

http://www.panavision.com/lenses-make-look-true-detective

So they're going to shoot the show in 2.35:1 and crop it down to 16:9? That seems pointless.

I've seen a lot of television commercials these days shoot in anamorphic. Probably to distinguish themselves from other companies. But when everyone's doing it, it's no longer distinguished.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/xena-warrior-princess-reboot-nbc-809355

Xena returns!

All the classic 90s shows will be back! Golden Age of TV indeed!

Nice job Stefan, posting a story 2 days after its already been debunked :P

Lucy Lawless says never mind on that Xena reboot thing

I like Lucy Lawless, dunno why she doesn't get more work. Or at least not more work that enters my radar

That's funny that you think I might have not watched Battlestar Galactica

One of my favorite shows ever!

It's a good one, and I'm gonna start it up again pretty soon.

Did you see the movies that accompany the show? Razor, The Plan? I liked the second more than the first.

OK, but The Plan actually tried to answer some of the unanswered questions from the series. Can't remember what they were, but I remember having a couple of 'oh yeah' moments.

Razor was a fine "fill in some backstory" mini movie that didn't really add much to the on-goings, but didn't really take away anything either (Other then setting up something in the final scene that they ended up ignoring instead). So its harmless fun, with lots of good moments.

The Plan plods along alright, but in the end is a disappointing waste of time because it retcons a bit of the show, making it seem like everything that happened was all Dean Stockwell's plan out of some kind of revenge or whatever. It's best to end the show with its great finale full stop.

The Plan seem to be mainly made so the first 2 seasons could be brought in line with the latter two.

Basically it tells us that the line that opens each episode of season 1 and 2 "they have a plan" was horse shit.

Its revisionist storytelling of the worst kind.

Did it actually have a story...or purpose?

I think its only purpose was to try to make more money.

RDM didn't even seem to be too involved, letting it be written by Jane Esperson and directed by Olmos

I know of its purpose. It was to show a guy's schlong, and a couple of gals walking around naked. That actually surprised me, because the entire show didn't have gratuitous nudity in it.

Whoa, Ally on B&B gets killed when Steffy whacks her with a tyre iron. Ally's crazy but I didn't want her killed off. The lunatics make the show worth watching.

I can't wait for this to air in Australia in about three-to-four months. Takes too long! The transgender plot took ages to get here!

Just finished season 2 of Buffy. A marked improvement over the first one in almost every aspect. Acting, storytelling, general production design, fight choreography.

Having Spike helps a lot, and Angel turning into an evil bastard right after popping Buffy's cherry is inspired.

The "Mom, I'm a Vampire Slayer" bit in the finale is good too. Like how it resembles the classic TV "coming out" scene, but with a twist.

Just finished season 2 of Buffy. A marked improvement over the first one in almost every aspect. Acting, storytelling, general production design, fight choreography.

Having Spike helps a lot, and Angel turning into an evil bastard right after popping Buffy's cherry is inspired.

The "Mom, I'm a Vampire Slayer" bit in the finale is good too. Like how it resembles the classic TV "coming out" scene, but with a twist.

Unfortunately for Buffy, Season 2 represents the show's artistic peak. (There are standout episodes in subsequent seasons, but collectively there's nothing that comes together as well as the program's sophomore outing.)

I've been told by several fans that seasons 3 to 5 are the best, so I will take your comment with a grain of salt

The inclusion of Season 4 is surprising. Perhaps they're thinking "Pangs," "Something Blue," and "Hush," which are understandable fan favorites.

Fargo (2014), a great companion piece to last year's True Detective! Fargo isn't as tightly constructed as TD, but it makes up for it in other ways, mainly the ones where Lorne Malvo features. It's borderline brilliant.

Unlike TD, I'll be looking forward to season 2 of Fargo.

I'll post this here as well since not everyone reads the True Detective thread, but the final quarter or so of last night's episode was really a return to season one form for the show. Staggeringly well done stuff, with this as accompaniment to the wild and dreamy party:

Just got done with season 2 of Bojack Horseman and I really like it, possibly even love it. This season improves upon the first's balance of poignant drama and odd humor. Very excited for season 3.

DS9 Inquisition last night/this morning when I woke up. What a fantastic episode. I love seeing Julian under the gun, especially because Alexander Siddig is hilariously bad at emoting on this series. There's a nice jab at the ludicrous story elements of By Inferno's Light, courtesy of William Sadler, who turns in a highly memorable performance, leaving us all wondering when he'll return.

Tonight, we're In The Pale Moonlight.