What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

On 25 April 2016 at 1:18 PM, Alexcremers said:

I don't know how more simple I can bring it, Richard. If you really don't have a clue about what I'm talking about then it means:

- You are perfectly satisfied with what is on offer at your local concrete multiplex

- You are completely obtuse to the Golden Age of TV and you wonder when the new seasons of MacGyver and Walker, Texas Ranger are coming

- You don't understand the 'greater than' symbol that I'm using

Alex

So, it seems that what you are saying is that "Golden Age" TV is better than cinema. Is that correct. If that's the case, then one might as well say that literature is better than ballet.

TV is a completely oh what's the bloody point? The whole thing just goes around and around in f**king circles, anyway. Honestly, who gives a tinker's cuss what i or any-one thinks? It's all crap, that I have finally realized I don't need in my life, anymore. See ya!

The Goldberg's behind the scenes episode was quite touching.

Richard,  props to you not failing for Alex's delusions. Enjoy the shows and films you want. 

I finally finished watching Battlestar Galactica. I absolutely loved the series, but having just watched the finale, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the whole resolution

On 28-4-2016 at 3:45 PM, Richard said:

So, it seems that what you are saying is that "Golden Age" TV is better than cinema. Is that correct. If that's the case, then one might as well say that literature is better than ballet.

I'm a bit disappointed in you now, Richard. 

16 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Its a rubbish resolution!

NO it wasn't Geez Alex ;)  do you hate everything that's not on AMC

On 04 May 2016 at 9:10 AM, Alexcremers said:

I'm a bit disappointed in you now, Richard.

So...why do I dissapoint you, Alex. C'mon, bring all those muthaf***kers on. You can't buy me, they can't buy me. I don't need this damn parole.

Fast run through HOUSE OF CARDS S4 (skipped 3 entirely). As great fan of the british series, it was painful to see the american version now finally turned into a cartoon but when they hit a well, they suck it dry (meaning mostly great individual scenes, though losing Ellen Burstyn was a loss). Though it's all a bit silly you cannot deny the feeling that art is imitating life here more than the other way around, cf from all the things they based on current or former political key personnel in the US. 

Here something cool for a few of you to bookmark:

If you've been curious about Joss Whedon's DOLLHOUSE but gave up after a few episodes, someone made a new edit of the first 5 episodes that covers everything important from them:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x49dv4i_dollhouse-s01e0a-meddle_tv

Then after that "episode", you go right into episode 6 of the first season and watch forward from there.

I've explained before that the first 5 episodes of the show are easily the worst and probably played a huge part in the show never having good ratings, because the show gets really great starting with Episode 6.  

So if you've been holding out or gave up, give this fan edit a try and see if it hooks you into continuing with episode 6 and beyond!

The Real O'Neals was quite good tonight. The continue story of a young gay man dealing with his loving mom and her difficulty accepting his difference.

11 hours ago, Jay said:

Here something cool for a few of you to bookmark:

If you've been curious about Joss Whedon's DOLLHOUSE but gave up after a few episodes, someone made a new edit of the first 5 episodes that covers everything important from them:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x49dv4i_dollhouse-s01e0a-meddle_tv

Then after that "episode", you go right into episode 6 of the first season and watch forward from there.

I've explained before that the first 5 episodes of the show are easily the worst and probably played a huge part in the show never having good ratings, because the show gets really great starting with Episode 6.  

So if you've been holding out or gave up, give this fan edit a try and see if it hooks you into continuing with episode 6 and beyond!

5 is quite a lot to get through but it's not unheard of; a lot of people gave up on True Detective S1 because the first 4 were too slow for them, and that turned out to be a bit of a masterpiece (the beginning episodes included). Is Dollhouse initially slow or is it just shit? How many episodes in total are there? 

What do you mean The Sting? Oh right, it features Quint. Yep, people can change their name as much as they want. It's always the content of their posts that betrays them.

38 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

What do you mean The Sting? Oh right, it features Quint. Yep, people can change their name as much as they want. It's always the content of their posts that betrays them.

It features Robert Shaw, Lee's long standing man-crush.

53 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

19 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

It features Robert Shaw, Lee's long standing man-crush.

Shaw played a few very memorable roles, but he was always Robert Shaw the man in each of them in an indelible kind of way wasn't he.

24 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yes!

Shaw was not unlike Sean Connery in that way.

Anyway, sounds like Cremers is trying to find links which nobody else is really concerned about. Busy work! 

4 hours ago, Lonnegan said:

5 is quite a lot to get through but it's not unheard of; a lot of people gave up on True Detective S1 because the first 4 were too slow for them, and that turned out to be a bit of a masterpiece (the beginning episodes included). Is Dollhouse initially slow or is it just shit? How many episodes in total are there? 

There's two 13-episode seasons and that's it.

Yes Dollhouse just starts slow; the first five episodes are kind of just "Doll of the week" stuff, and the interesting overarching stories (Alpha and the other Dollhouses out there) don't really get going until the second half of the first season.

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Nobody here watches that ABC stuff, JoeinAR. Hang around long enough and you'll understand.

Homophobes like wouldn't watch the show on any network.

Homophobes like you wouldn't watch it on any network.

5 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

And so we know who Lonnegan is ...

You don't have to speculate; There's a thread right here that lists all the name changes

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20100-the-official-username-change-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1244864

5 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Dollhouse is awful. 

If all you've seen is the first five episodes, sure.

How long did the show run? I don't get the love for joss.

Buffy was hit and miss. Angel was okay

Firefly has been on for....what...years now.