What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

The good place, final episode. Well, as I once said to John Williams when I was teaching him to write film music, I’m glad it’s over. It really lasted too long. I can’t exactly say when it should have ended for me, but a turning point was Michael suddenly becoming a good guy. The Janets quickly started to irritate me too and Shawn had been great if they hadn’t overused him. I was kind of hoping for a final twist at the very end that the whole thing was the ultimate test and that everyone could finally go to the good place, but it was not to be. Time for another series.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:15 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

The original is so much better!

I've seen it twice and I'm sure a third time will follow. My son didn't like it though, not the UK or the US edition. Then again, he likes Friends, so that explains it all. ;)

8 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

The Plot Against America

Zzzzzz!

Hmm, maybe I should check it out now! You fall asleep with all my favorite things. 

Binged War of the Worlds. Its a European construct. Still have 2 episodes to go but it is dismal and bleak. I wish I could tell the writer how stupid he is. Really Aliens in doggie automatons filled with alien flesh similar to bacon

I'm taking advantage of the free month CBS All Access is giving to watch Picard.  I watched the first episode tonight, gotta listen to some podcasts about it before I move on.

Rick and Morty.  It's... weird.  I'm not sure why it's so polarizing...  It's not bad; it's not ground-breaking or great.  It's just an above-average Adult Swim-style show that has mostly stupid humor but fairly clever storytelling.  I have to say I'm looking forward to the future of the show, though.  Being guaranteed 70 additional episodes could give them a lot of flexibility that other (probably more deserving) shows never got.  Now if only Brockmire got that long a rope.

So I've been watching The Walking Dead lately and finished Season 1 and just started Season 2. Now, big question, does a real story/plot ever emerge on this show or is it just survival stuff? Because if it's the latter, I'm going to lose my patience really quick.

Yes, it is pretty universally agreed that the show gets worse and worse as the years go on.  Also it's been renewed through season 12 so you have a long road ahead if you want to slog through it all

32 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

Yeesh. My friend who pressured me into watching it insists it's mind-bogglingly unparalleled prestige TV. Maybe I need new friends?

You mean he said it's up there with The Wire, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, etc? If so, tell him you can't be friends anymore.

Just now, Alexcremers said:

You mean he said it's up there with The Wire, The Sopranos, Mad men, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, etc? If so, tell him you can't be friends anymore.

She.

Neh fuck it, I flicked it off and now I'm watching The Golden Girls instead.

43 minutes ago, Þekþiþm said:

Oh sure, but jeez, talk about overselling something.

People really put it up there in its early seasons. Was a very trendy thing to do at the time, but even time, I never understood the hype.

I'm surprised the show is still going on. I thought they wrapped it up some time ago.

10 minutes ago, KK said:

People really put it up there in its early seasons. Was a very trendy thing to do at the time, but even time, I never understood the hype.

I'm surprised the show is still going on. I thought they wrapped it up some time ago.

Not only is it still going, but there are like 3 spin-off shows too. 

I've read on the internet that this new season is good, better than what came before... But the show lost almost all of its initial characters, and years and years of terrible seasons made a lot of its audience to stop watching, me included. I gave up years ago, when I realized how terrible it was.

The Walking Dead is brilliant for what it is. It's about the individual storylines that keep hooking you. 

But it can get tiresome. I haven't watched beyond season 6.

I watched season 1 with a room full of friends back in the day.  It was fine, a bit repetitious.  It's also only 6 episodes, no it's not like anything too major gets built up and pays off.  I kept meaning to resume the show someday but never did, then the general sentiment towards it online just keep going down and down as the years went on, so I never bothered.

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

I watched season 1 with a room full of friends back in the day.  It was fine, a bit repetitious.  It's also only 6 episodes, no it's not like anything too major gets built up and pays off.  I kept meaning to resume the show someday but never did, then the general sentiment towards it online just keep going down and down as the years went on, so I never bothered.

Yea...it’s all kind of soapy isn’t it? I just remember the show hitting the same beats over and over at some point.