What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Couldn't tell you, never watched beyond season 1.  I wouldn't describe season 1 as soapy, the repetition came from them relocating, getting attacked by zombies, relocating again, etc.

Carnivale, Season 2 (final season).

I think the first season is better, more mysterious, more about the life and people of the carnival. In that regard, season 2 is less rich and more interested in working towards the big showdown between Brother Justin and Ben Hawkins. It needs to be said, though, that brother Justin is a fascinating villain, wonderfully portrayed by Clancy Brown. The series deserved a third season but wasn't granted one.

461ba2bfaa1515c48c3891d1a9b9e6a5.jpg

Daniel Knauf has a six season plan, with each 2 seasons telling one act of a 3-act story.  So we got the first act, but not the second or third.  Such a shame.  I keep hoping HBO will revive it somehow...

I loved The Walking Dead back in the day, looked forward to it each week, and was always careful to avoid spoilers. Season 1 was probably the best, but Seasons 2 and 3 were also enjoyable. By the middle of S4, I think it lost its way and never regained it. 

Then a few seasons ago, I started to resent its mudspinning. It became more about stupid people doing stupid things in a zombie world. I can't even tell you after what season she and I just mutually stopped watching. Probably 8 or 9, whenever <main character> let <main character> live without execution. 

I don't miss it one bit. I can't believe it's still running. I lost interest when Gimple ran it into the ground, and the new showrunner won't win me back. 

I can't believe it's spawned two television spinoffs and will also spawn a film franchise and cinematic universe.

I liked TWD until season 4 or 5, I guess, I dunno, that one when Carol single handlely destroys a compound of villains to set the other characters free. Loved her character, so badass! Then, the show became just utter shit, ruining every character, including my favorites, Carol and Rick. I gave up on season 7, and never bothered to return. 

2 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

CARNIVALE still has the best main titles of any T.V. show, this century.

It's good. I especially like what the piano does at the end. 

2 hours ago, Þekþiþm said:

I struggled with Walking Dead. How it became so trendy is bewildering. 

More popular than trendy.

MV5BMDBlYWVjZWItZjc4OS00MTk1LTgzYTgtMDEx

Darker than dark, slower than slow, ultra violence, sex, perverse, artsy photography ... in short, it's everything what Refn fans desire. Watch it on Prime!

Too-Old-To-Die-Young-afb-3.jpg

2 hours ago, crocodile said:

Watched the first couple episodes of Community since it appeared on our Netflix. It is pretty enjoyable.

Karol

It only gets better (and weirder)! For 3 seasons at least.

After pondering forever over what to binge next, I FINALLY started Homeland. Only four episodes in and, wow, why has it taken me this long!!? 

Don't get too excited, the high quality of the early episodes is not maintained throughout its (long) run.

6 hours ago, crocodile said:

Watched the first couple episodes of Community since it appeared on our Netflix. It is pretty enjoyable.

I've been meaning to do that. Then I (finally) registered on a Netflix proxy website so I could access US Netflix and started watching The Office instead. And then I realised that that same site granted me access to BBC iPlayer, so now I'm rewatching Doctor Who (2005).

5 hours ago, LSH said:

After pondering forever over what to binge next, I FINALLY started Homeland. Only four episodes in and, wow, why has it taken me this long!!? 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Don't get too excited, the high quality of the early episodes is not maintained throughout its (long) run.

3 hours ago, LSH said:

Oh damn. 

Don't listen to Jay on this one. Keep going. The show gets better and better.

Currently watching Beauty and the Beast after 33 years!!!

A series with excellent production values which are more evident in the underground world and in the wonderful orchestral music!

Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton also have excellent chemistry.

This is my all-time favourite series, although I had given up on season 3 where Hamilton was absent. I'll try it once more now.

beauty_beast_tv_8817-h_2017.jpg

I'm starting a Star Trek little "Fest".

I will begin with 4 classics Episodes from the Original Series:

TOS: "Tomorrow is Yesterday"
TOS: "The City on the Edge of Forever"
TOS: "Errand of Mercy"
TOS: "The Trouble with Tribbles"

Interview: Rebecca Romijn Says Number One “Knows Her Sh*t ...

True Detective Season 3

Eh, it's very detective-ish. One more episode to go.

true-detective-season-3-mahershala-ali_z

But I must say, this actor (I don't think I know him) has an interesting sense of danger and intensity, easily the best thing about S3. 

Yea he's great in everything he does.  From TV you might have seen him if you watched The 4400, Treme, House of Cards or Luke Cage and from movies you might have seen him in the last two Hunger Games, Free State of Jones, Moonlight, Hidden Figures, or Green Book.  He was recently cast as the title character in the MCU reboot of Blade.

I hate the lame false stakes they set up going in to the finale.  You know Saul will survive and they'll get the flight recorder so I don't who they are fooling with these lame cliffhangers

52 minutes ago, KK said:

Mahershala Ali has two Oscars under his belt! He's a great actor.

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea he's great in everything he does.  From TV you might have seen him if you watched The 4400, Treme, House of Cards or Luke Cage and from movies you might have seen him in the last two Hunger Games, Free State of Jones, Moonlight, Hidden Figures, or Green Book.  He was recently cast as the title character in the MCU reboot of Blade.

Wow!

Alex I didscover Alias Smith and Jones on one of my obscure tv channels.  We had briefly discussed this and I was surprised to see it on air.

It was also distracting that they cast Corey Matthews from Boy Meets World as young Saul and then dubbed in Mandy Patinkin's voice anyway. That might have worked if they used a random unknown actor. But if you're gonna cast an iconic TV actor let him speak! 

After the classic Series, an introduction to Enterprise, which I never saw.

Three "classics" episodes... it seems...

ENT: Broken Bow (part I & II)
ENT: Regeneration

star-trek-enterprise-tv-series.jpg

I got the Buffy complete series on sale for 18 bucks. I started out season one and the pilot remains one of the best I've seen for a show. The third episode with the witch trying to relive her glory days cheerleading in her daughter's body is also great.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

It was also distracting that they cast Corey Matthews from Boy Meets World as young Saul and then dubbed in Mandy Patinkin's voice anyway. That might have worked if they used a random unknown actor. But if you're gonna cast an iconic TV actor let him speak! 

I'd never seen this young bloke before, so he's an unknown to me.

You'd probably like Boy Meets World. A replacement for your soaps since they can't make those right now! 

Suite of my Star Trek "fest"... with 4 classic Episodes from the first three seasons of The Jean-Luc Picard show.

TNG: "A Matter Of Honor" 
TNG: "Q Who"

TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise" 
TNG: "Sins of the Father" 

Star Trek: The Next Generation cast reunite in new pic ...