What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

It features another strong-minded and independent young woman with attitude and a ton of emotional baggage, so it won't be Alex's thing. Someone tell him to skip it, he won't appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Oh wait, there was something called The End Of The Fucking World, or something. Is that any good or is it only for Fleabag people?

As someone who loved Fleabag, The End of the F***ing World is the best TV/series thing I've watched in a long time. It strikes a gripping balance between twisted humour and a seriously dark side, and yet it's persistently entertaining. I watched it in two evenings, but only by gaterhing all my willpower to turn it off after the S1 finale on the first night.

The End Of The Fucking World was fantastic. Wes Anderson coming-of-age story with a dark twist. I’m glad it ended after Season 2, I even debated watching it all because Season 1 was so concise and had a great ending. 

Kinda like Little Big Lies. A clash between a white privileged woman and a black woman. Easy to watch but subtle it ain't. 

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I've just seen parts of season one. Is the continuation any good?

There's only one season. 

But I was talking about Little Fires Everywhere.

I started watching S2 of Little Big Lies but I couldn't get into it so I stopped. 

4 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Why was the black daughter garbage? 

Cause she led on the younger kid and then slept with his brother when she knew he liked her. Only one I kinda liked was the punk girl. 

7 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Cause she led on the younger kid and then slept with his brother when she knew he liked her. 

She liked him too, even more than the brother, but that was precisely the problem. All her life, she and her mother moved from one place to another, and so she has learned not to attach herself to things she likes or loves. What's the use of painting a room if you know it's only going to be your room for a few months? That's not garbage, Koray, that's sad, and it's not her fault. This is actually what her whole story arc was about. All the kids in the story had problems because of the way they were brought up. They are the victims and that's why they start little fires everywhere. And you're right, it's all a bit on-the-nose, even soapy, just like Little Big Lies.

Finished season 3 of Community. It was indeed just as good as season 2. I'm afraid to continue now.

Speaking of season 2, Netflix and Hulu both removed Advanced Dungeons and Dragons episode that we discussed some time ago (the one with Howard Shore score parody) over racist content? Bit of an odd choice. Call me naive I only ever saw it as a reference to a fictional Dark Elf race from fantasy fiction. Perhaps I'm not educated enough? 

Come to think of it, they should probably ban Howard Shore's LOTR scores for using African instruments to depict Mordor. You can have this one, Twitter.

Karol

Finished Breaking Bad (+El Camino) for the first time. 's pretty good, innit? Season 1 was cute and good but it was still trying to find its tone and I could see myself getting tired of the flashforwards to the end of the episode and the "chemistry trick of the week" gimmick and stuff like that soon. Then season 2 came and holy shit.

Having done it in a month instead of 5 years like probably literally everyone else on the planet, much of it blends together but the one where they are stuck in the desert trying to restart the van and the fly one really stand out as episodes I loved (standing out probably because they do stand out structurally bit I did love them).

It's very good but not " the.greatest show ever"; not by a long shot.

At its core it's pure pulp- 'Grade A'  but still pulp.

Even Vince Gilligan acknowledged this. He was totally surprised people - like Steven King-.took it as a serious work of art-on the same level as THE WIRE!?????

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

A friend has just leant me KING OF THE HILL.

Move over MacFarlane; take a hike Groening.

This is American satire at its very best.

Isn't MacFarlane and Groenig the same person?

Finished season 4 of Community and about halfway through season 5 now. It's not that bad but something is definitely missing. Shame about one of the best couples in television being broken up halfway through series 5. Didn't see that coming. :(

Karol

9 hours ago, crocodile said:

Finished season 4 of Community and about halfway through season 5 now. It's not that bad but something is definitely missing. Shame about one of the best couples in television being broken up halfway through series 5. Didn't see that coming. :(

Karol

I'm guessing you're referring to Glover (Troy)? Yea...that's what happens when you became a mega-pop star. The slowly disassembling of the cast led to the show's downfall. They never did quite recover after his exit.

Homecoming s.2

Mixed bag .

The scenes with the lesbian couple were dreadfully dull. No chemistry between these unconvincing characters.

Joan Cusack , as usual, was obnoxious and awfully.

But , the lead who was in a.1, is a terrific young actor.

Chris Cooper also had his moments.

Thankfully, Cannivale didn't return.

Well plotted and directed with good music.

Check it out!

10 hours ago, KK said:

I'm guessing you're referring to Glover (Troy)? Yea...that's what happens when you became a mega-pop star. The slowly disassembling of the cast led to the show's downfall. They never did quite recover after his exit.

And now Shirley. :( Some of my favourite moments come from the Abed/Troy interactions and Shirley. I don't think the show gets bad as such but it feels somewhat incomplete now. I'm not sure whether I should necessarily miss Chevy Chase but, even with all the actor/character transgressions, he felt like a part of the fabric that made the show. I enjoyed Jonathan Banks in season 5 and now I'm disappointed he's not in season 6...  Ah, well... It's still enjoyable and very watchable despite all of this. 12 episodes left...

Karol

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

And now Shirley. :( Some of my favourite moments come from the Abed/Troy interactions and Shirley. I don't think the show gets bad as such but it feels somewhat incomplete now. I'm not sure whether I should necessarily miss Chevy Chase but, even with all the actor/character transgressions, he felt like a part of the fabric that made the show. I enjoyed Jonathan Banks in season 5 and now I'm disappointed he's not in season 6...  Ah, well... It's still enjoyable and very watchable despite all of this. 12 episodes left...

Karol

Yea...regardless of Chase's problematic behaviour, his character, like all the characters in the core group are just an essential part of the show's fabric (The group needs its Pierce!). It says a lot about just how strong that ensemble is.

And you're right, the show never gets bad. Harmon is too clever for that. But it loses a lot of the charm and heart that defined the glory seasons, again because of the cast falling apart, the reduced number of episodes and the budget inching towards zero (you'll notice in the later seasons, the cast is never really "outdoors" anymore).

And yes, Banks was great in season 5. So is Paget Brewster in season 6.

Finished Community now. Thoroughly enjoyed it. While season 6 is far from the best I really loved the giant hand episode as well as quite poignant "finale". I hope they get to do that movie.

Karol

We've watched the first 3 episodes.  It's pretty boring.  Way too slow paced, with not enough character development or interesting characters to make the slow pace worth it.

At the same time, I kinda want to who's behind the main crime, so I suppose we'll watch at least one more

Watched the first two episodes of German language paranormal thriller Dark

Makes me laugh how everyone falls over themselves to bum Stranger Things when you've got something like this instead which just does absolutely everything about that sci-fi missing person formula so much more effectively. The MacGuffin is pretty bloody irresistible in this series, even if it feels like a retread (up to now, anyway). But I bet there are big surprises in store.

Please don't tell me I'm the only one watching this here?

This is also my favourite or "optimal" kind of TV show photography. The image quality is pristine yet the atmosphere is thick and immersive. I'd love a Middle-Earth series to look exactly like this.

16 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Please don't tell me I'm the only one watching this here?

On 12/2/2017 at 5:42 PM, Quintus said:

1cSgO7G.jpg

This appeared on the front page of my Netflix tonight, apparently it's the first German language 'Netflix Original' and was made available Dec 1. The promo image had me sold instantly, I'm not gonna lie. I'll probably watch this next week now instead of Stranger Things. 

On 12/2/2017 at 6:15 PM, KK said:

Saw the trailer for that. Looks like a German mix of the OA and Stranger Things

On 12/15/2017 at 12:47 PM, Luka said:

I'm watching Dark on Netflix... It's a german Netflix original and it's really good! I only have one episode left to watch.

It's about time travel, makes me think a little bit of Stranger Things, but more serious and dark (lol).

Any one else watched it? :)

On 12/21/2017 at 12:33 PM, Jay said:

On 2/4/2018 at 1:52 PM, Bespin said:

I just finished Dark.

It's like Back to the Future, but with german characters, that's not funny and we understand nothing. :mellow:

8 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

I started to watch DARK and disliked it. Bad STRANGER THINGS knock off.

Thor loved it. Naturally.😊

I couldn't take more than two episodes. Then again, I don't like Stranger Things either.

And those first two episodes of Dark really felt amateurish, IMO. 

There's an English dub and from what I could tell it doesn't seem bad at all. The subs help to keep me from falling asleep though, and I find them less distracting than out of sync lip movements.

The only thing I don't like is the overuse of the descending electro strings chord which constantly plays over the soundtrack. It is loud and obnoxious, I hope they don't rely on it for the entire series.

38 minutes ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

It's in a foreign language too. Ugh. Is an English dub available?

I started in English - terrible dub- switched to German

Didn't help.

Thor loved it ☺😊

10 hours ago, Jay said:

We've watched the first 3 episodes.  It's pretty boring.  Way too slow paced, with not enough character development or interesting characters to make the slow pace worth it.

At the same time, I kinda want to who's behind the main crime, so I suppose we'll watch at least one more

Liked ep. One.

Fingers crossed. More Marlowe than MASON