What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

I should have heeded Bruce's warnings.

Don't be too hard on yourself; I could have done more😔

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Steven Spielberg, is that you?

Nope.

He lives in Southern California with the rest of the Hollywood wannabes

My wife and I began watching the new Perry Mason on HBO. Five episodes ("chapters") in, and we're absolutely hooked. It's one of the best written, acted, and/or produced shows I've ever had the pleasure to come across, and I'm thrilled it's been renewed for a second season.

17 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

My wife and I began watching the new Perry Mason on HBO. Five episodes ("chapters") in, and we're absolutely hooked. It's one of the best written, acted, and/or produced shows I've ever had the pleasure to come across, and I'm thrilled it's been renewed for a second season.

I'm digging it also.

Missed last week.

I incidentally enjoy how this first season is set in early 1932. Thanks to the show’s top-shelf production values, we really get a feel for the era JW was born into. (Of course, he was born on Long Island, not in L.A., but you get what I mean.)

We're enjoying it as well.  At first, I thought it was very boring and wasn't that into it, but eventually as you got to know the characters the scenes where the story wasn't advancing became as good as the ones where it was.  It is interesting with one episode to go they've already revealed who was responsible for the baby's death, so now I guess the last episode is about getting them to admit to it

9 hours ago, Jay said:

We're enjoying it as well.  At first, I thought it was very boring and wasn't that into it, but eventually as you got to know the characters the scenes where the story wasn't advancing became as good as the ones where it was.  It is interesting with one episode to go they've already revealed who was responsible for the baby's death, so now I guess the last episode is about getting them to admit to it

I figured this first season would end with the resolution of this particular case. Looking forward to watching the last three episodes.

Anybody else watch Good Girls? It's basically Breaking Bad-lite, but with the ladies. Nowhere close quality-wise, but the cast is super-likeable.

No, I'm watching Sharp Objects. It's slow, nothing happens, so it might not be for you guys. But it's been a while since I believed in a performance by Amy Adams.

Sharp-Objects-720P-TORRENT-%C4%B0ND%C4%B

11 minutes ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Shit show.

Critics and audiences all over the world loved it.

8 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Why is the actress on the far right wearing a mask?

They all do, but as the series progresses, I expect their masks to slowly come off.

On a bored evening whim I stumbled on and watched (Netflix's search engine had it strangely very well buried) the first episode of yet another zombie apocalypse series called Black Summer. I gave up on The Walking Dead around four years ago, so a new fiction isn't actually overkill for me at this point; and besides, this one is tonally and stylistically quite different - we've got fast rage zombies for a start, and the shaky cam handheld filming feels tense and it put me on edge. The introductory scenarios thus far are quite spare and rushed, everyone is jogging out of their suburban homes in little family units, right as the breakdown has started, and some of the scenes feel very realistic in how hushed and orderly neighbours all instinctively make their way down the same end of their street together as the local evacuation gets underway. This stuff just fires some sort of primal fantasy in men, and I'm a sucker for it. I'll probably watch the whole thing in a week.

lUOtVKD.jpg

Sharp Objects started so promising, had shades of True Detective season 1 going for it in the first couple of episodes, but it completely went downhill for me in the later episodes.

1 hour ago, Bellosh said:

Sharp Objects started so promising, had shades of True Detective season 1 going for it in the first couple of episodes, but it completely went downhill for me in the later episodes.

yunasslqsgk11.jpg

Midsommar 2?

10 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Lee, are you sure that's not a still from EARTHQUAKE?

There were no vehicles like that in 1974.

Viewing the Black Summer image I linked earlier now blown up on my PC monitor, I now understand the Earthquake reference. It's a blurry and shitty screenshot. Unfortunately I wasn't able to discern that on a small mobile phone screen when I uploaded it in the dark of my bedroom last night.

I am going thru all 320+ episodes of Criminal Minds.  Great esemble cast and some truly horrifying villains. I  knew the show was good (mainly because Alex  ;)  always criticised it) but it has an outstanding reputation.