What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

On 29/01/2021 at 1:51 PM, Koray Savas said:

Mindhunter

Season 2

Major plot holes that arise between seasons aside, I really liked this season as well. Maybe not as strong overall, but pushing Holt McCallany to the forefront was a wise decision. He’s fantastic here, not sure why he isn’t in more prominent roles.

A shame that Season 3 will probably never happen. 

Was pretty good that show.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:28 PM, crocodile said:

My opinion didn't change. The tone becomes even darker and it's quite depressing watch. I don't think it was perfect but I really enjoyed it. Period elements more so than the supernatural stuff. I'm glad that was mostly in the background.

Karol

I’ll watch this. If S2 so only reaches to 1% of the standard of S1, then it’d still be better than 99% of what’s out there.

Edit: Lots of hyperbole there, but I still thought S1 was alright. 😉

Edit again: I wouldn’t call S1 depressive. It is slow moving, moody, heavy-hearted and oppressive though.

14 hours ago, Jay said:

Yea season 3 is pretty good, especially the acting. It's a slow burn but all comes together at the end

I find all the characters to have zero range and personality. Hopefully it picks up the pace next episode!

I don't remember the pace ever really picking up, it's a pretty slow burn.

I also don't remember thinking the characters had no personalities.  Mahershala Ali and Stephen Dorff were great, and the cinematography was top notch

The ending ending wasn't (him forgetting why he's at the house) but yea there was some explanation saved up till towards the end to get you there, sure

Anyways it's hardly one of the best things to come out of the past 5 years of television or anything 

Anyone else watching Upload? It's inventive in the way that The Good Place was, but not as cloyingly irritating as its later seasons. I like the way modern advances have meant its now not that unusual to see fairly decent special effects in TV comedy. 

I hadn't either till my brother WhatsApped it me. I literally watched it out of "I haven't seen you in months because of the pandemic so I'd better make the effort" courtesy. 

Pleasantly surprised. Although I thought The US Office showrunner guy went on to make that space show with Steve Carell; not this irreverent comedy thriller set in the afterlife. 

6 minutes ago, KK said:

Upload was watchable fun. The space show was truly awful.

What do you think of the main girl? I find her utterly adorable and extremely fetching. 

I saw it on SBS when it first aired last year. It's quite good.

Jay, for some reason, thinks everything Season 4 onwards is shit, but he's being really unfair towards it. They're entertaining seasonal arcs well told.

I agree. It might not be Breaking Bad or The Sopranos but it's always entertaining. Just 50 minutes of mindless terrorist nonsense before you go to bed. It's not like I'm going to watch Schitt's Creek or something!

Watched Chernobyl. It's grim and filthy you genuinely believe watching it can give you cancer. Gripping but so so depressing.

Also started watched the first episodes of The Queen's Gambit (which was good) and The Orville (which was not).

Karol

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

Watched Chernobyl. It's grim and filthy you genuinely believe watching it can give you cancer. Gripping but so so depressing.

It was excellent, but I'm glad I watched it before the pandemic…

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

Also started watched the first episodes of The Queen's Gambit (which was good) and The Orville (which was not).

I binged The Queen's Gambit the other week and loved it.

The Undoing

55133c08eb27cebb264ab96861110132db-09-th

Nicole Kidman's new face distracted me the whole time. Other than that, it's watchable without being really good, you just want to know who done it.

Forever

Brilliant little dramedy that I had never heard of until it was recommended to me. Only lasted 1 season on Prime, but it lays out its premise so boldly. It really pays off to go in blind, but I guess it doesn’t really matter now that show is cancelled.

First episode opens with a 5-minute montage and no dialogue. Super refreshing. 

Anyone heard of a Channel 4 show (The IT Crowd, Spaced, Peep Show, The End of the F***ing World, Black Mirror) called Dead Pixels? Someone in work put me onto it, so I took a punt.

Revolving around a small close knit group of diehard MMO gamers, it's sort of a crude and nerdy (read: extremely realistic) sitcom roughly along the lines of Spaced, but with more standard British bad language and colloquial idiom. However, any regular international gamer would relate to the dialogue and storylines, but there's enough about it to possibly appeal to a somewhat broader audience too (sex jokes are universal, right?). It's surprisingly more funny that I imagined it to be, and the main girl is sort of a major comedy find, if you ask me. 

klkOjtI.jpg

With a third season on the way, I predict this will eventually rise to become the preeminent gamers show. 

First two episodes of Homeland S8 (final season). Lots of political talk with characters and names that don't ring any bells with me. I don't know if it's due to cremeritis or whether I forgot the watch the previous season (S8 starts with Carrie being released after being captured for months by the Russians, which I don't seem to recall at all) but so far the season is kinda hard to follow.

showtime_svod-804_8-Full-Image_GalleryBa