What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

The%20Queen's%20Gambit-_077R.jpg

Sounds like, other than Anya Taylor-Joy, you didn't like it all that much, Drax. Perhaps you were hoping more for something like The King's Gambit (about a man that defeats all the female chess champions with his eyes closed)?!

What are you talking about? I watched two episodes last night and gonna watch more tonight. I liked the bit with The Robe.

My only real beef with this show is everyone is such a repellent misery guts, especially that orphanage janitor and her adopted parents. What a horrible set of characters on display in this thing. Can anyone lighten up an itty bit?

Started watching some sci-fi action comedy series I'd never heard of called Future Man, starring that short dude out of the Hunger Games. It's on Amazon Prime. How the hell was this somehow not higher profile while it was running? Was it sent out to die with a miniscule marketing budget by Hulu? That's criminal, because its bloody great! 

The Last Star Fighter meets Critters 2-ish and with direct similarities with T2; a hopeless gamer dude beats the hardest third person shooter video game in the world and is promptly invaded (in his bedroom) by two interdimensional mercenary types who inform him he's just beaten their recruitment tool and he is to be drafted into some far flung intergalactic war as their best hope.

The juvenile adult gags land and the sfx are up to scratch; I'm still trying to work out why nobody ever talked about it when it was on. 

rvCQz5g.jpg

The answer is easy, there's just so much content out there these days, very few things get the sort of group discussion that used to be the norm back in the day

I remember chatting with multiple coworkers about Sopranos, then LOST, then Breaking Bad, then Game of Thrones... but that was really the last one

Now it's more like "We finished Godless this weekend, awesome ending" "Oh man we watched that 4 years ago, I don't remember any details.  Did you see the last Falcon&Winter Soldier?" "Haven't started that one yet. We checked out that new Kate Winslet show though" "Never heard of that one. We also recently saw Queen's Gambit" "Oh yea, we watched that last year. What about The Boys? That season 2 finale was killer" "Oh man, I'm only 3 episodes into season 2, no spoilers" ... etc

It's also not like back in the day when everyone had the same channels on the antennae, then everyone had the same basic cable channels, then most people had HBO, then most people had Netflix

Now so many shows are locked to 1 streaming service only, and every one you talk to has a different subset of services

SyFy showed Seasons 1 and 2 of Future Man ... I watched and enjoyed both. Don't know if they  intend to show the third, it's been a year since it premiered on Hulu. 

EDIT: A quick Google tells me Season 3 is 'exclusively' on Amazon Prime. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, Unlucky Bastard said:

Can't wait til when she beats some Chinese chess nerd in Season 2!

They'll have to get creative for S2 because S1 was a book adaptation. 

still-magnus-no.jpg

"I must break you."

There's very little original score in the Twin Peaks revival.  It mostly tracks in cues from the original series for score.  There are a lot of band performances at the bar though.

I have the ost and there is some great NEW music on it.

Hope it gets used in some eps

I know.

Just checking to see you're paying attention!

I checked LOVECRAFT COUNTRY at the same time.

Maybe I'll switch off

I had to fast forward disc two - eps three and four- and it was still torture.

I'm done here.

I'll continue to enjoy the music for the series; the one that could have been if David Lynch had any real talent.

9 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

Episode 8 is good. 

I'll take your word for it.😅

18 hours ago, Quintus said:

And they're probably the best and most well-paced episodes of the entire series. Buckle up. 

My God, Quintus!

You were right!😰😵

Btw if anybody actually like it, I'm  truly interested in.your take.

7 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I had to fast forward disc two - eps three and four- and it was still torture.

I'm done here.

I'll continue to enjoy the music for the series; the one that could have been if David Lynch had any real talent.

I'll take your word for it.😅

If you don't like that classic Lynch nightmare assiciation stuff probably you won't like it. 8th episode was the one where my wife stepped out and I had to finish the show on my own.

Maybe after watching it you will consider my wife's taste to be better than mine.

The show has a handful of great moments. I am not sure if that justifies the whole show. Probably, Lynch should have taken the Mulholland Drive way and distill everything into one good 2-hour-movie. 

Not gonna get that far.

I m not a masochist.

People actually watched EIGHTEEN HOURS OF THIS!

next: LOVECRAFT COUNTRY.

I hope this is better than WATCHMEN, another show I couldn't finish

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

Stick to The Queen's Gambit, Bruce. It's the only show you were able to finish and we all know it wasn't for the story.

Well it certainly wasn't for chess!

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

If you don't like that classic Lynch nightmare assiciation stuff probably you won't like it. 8th episode was the one where my wife stepped out and I had to finish the show on my own.

Maybe after watching it you will consider my wife's taste to be better than mine.

The show has a handful of great moments. I am not sure if that justifies the whole show. Probably, Lynch should have taken the Mulholland Drive way and distill everything into one good 2-hour-movie. 

Watching Lynch is like reliving my nightly dreams while awake😒

LOVECRAFT COUNTRY

=

GREEN.BOOK

+

A QUIET PLACE

WTF?!😗😳

Can't someone provide me with some WHOLESOME entertainment!

😝😜😅

Three eps in LOVECRAFT is not working for me.

I guess cgi monsters , ghosts and ghouls just don't scare me anymore.

" The wrting is downright horrible. My intelligence hasn't been this insulted since Prometheus. "

- IMDB.com

😅

I’ve been watching and enjoying episodes of the old 70s medical drama Emergency!.  It’s too bad that there’s never been a release for Nelson Riddle’s music for the series, it’s good enough certainly for a highlights soundtrack release.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

I’ve been watching and enjoying episodes of the old 70s medical drama Emergency!.  It’s too bad that there’s never been a release for Nelson Riddle’s music for the series, it’s good enough certainly for a highlights soundtrack release.

Great show.  As I understand it, it helped garner nationwide support for paramedics programs.  Always enjoy watching it when it comes on.  Used to watch it daily a few years back.

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I’ve been watching and enjoying episodes of the old 70s medical drama Emergency!

Has there ever been a more 70's name for an actor than Randolph Mantooth?

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

Has there ever been a more 70's name for an actor than Randolph Mantooth?

I love these old drama shows because unlike today they would cast actors that weren’t perfect Apollonian specimens but looked like average men.  More realistic.  More relatable.

Now Julie London on the other hand….  hubba hubba