What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Season 15

It's honestly quite impressive how long this show has gone on for, and how they've continued to make good tv and stay relevant the entire time.  Sure, of course the show is "past its peak", but their modern, short seasons are still better then a lot of comedies made these days.  This season is one of the better ones they've done in a while!

The first half of the season was a bit inconsistent, but the roller rink episode was really funny, and then the whole back half of the season in Ireland was great, the change of location and storytelling was super welcome and refreshing.  I really liked it.  I wonder if 8 episodes is the new norm of if they'll go back to 10

In related news, the Always Sunny Podcast is absolutely hilarious (and interesting), and the best product they've put out since the peak years of the show!

Seems like the last 3 years or so of TV has had lots of really good comedies, and very little really good sci fi / fantasy content.

Hopefully 2022 changes that

On 11/01/2022 at 1:22 PM, Jay said:

Seems like the last 3 years or so of TV has had lots of really good comedies, and very little really good sci fi / fantasy content.

Well...

The Expanse. Season 6.

Well done everyone. I hope there is more to come. (There are three more books and they more than hinted at them.)

If you haven't checked it out, it's well worth your while. It's "good" from the get go. But there are so many threads and you're not clear how they connect for... a while. So just enjoy the ride. It's an international thriller in space.

Also an amazing series of books.

Oh, and the Clinton Shorter score is pretty terrific too.

The Witcher S2:  I'm sorry, guys, but I feel like quitting with it. It's just not good. Will The Wheel Of Time (on Prime) be any better?

WiMiLbI.jpeg

Hmm, something tells me it won't. Why is a good Fantasy show so hard to pull off?!

15 minutes ago, AC1 said:

The Witcher S2:  I'm sorry, guys, but I feel like quitting with it. It's just not good. Will The Wheel Of Time (on Prime) be any better?

WiMiLbI.jpeg

Hmm, something tells me it won't. Why is a good Fantasy show so hard to pull off?!

Couldn't stand "The Wheel of Time" longer than 10 minutes. Not good.

40 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

My mom watched The Wheel of Time. She liked it, but then again she loves stuff like Game of Thrones and Vikings.

I like Game Of Thrones too but that doesn't mean I like all these new wannabees as well. Far from i! So far GOT is the only Fantasy I liked.

BTW, vikings really existed, it's not Fantasy!

Breaking bad, one episode to go. I really didn’t need this last season.

- Mike dead was moving, but I didn’t like it.

- Lydia is Fring’s superior? Yeah, right.

- Didn’t need Todd.

- We spend four seasons trying to keep Jessie around and then ditch him in two episodes.

- Andrea dead, fuck yeah, why not.

- Hank and Gomy dead, no!

- Skyler gets protection but cops fail to guard back of the house? Yeah, right.

They should have combined Gus’ death with Walt fleeing etc.

Lydia is absolutely not Fringe's superior, not sure how you came to that conclusion. He was the absolute top of the chain. 

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Lydia is absolutely not Fringe's superior, not sure how you came to that conclusion. He was the absolute top of the chain. 

Lydia Rodarte-Quayle was the Head of Logistics at Madrigal Electromotive GmbH, and was based at their office in Houston, Texas. She supplied methylamine to Gustavo Fring prior to the collapse of Gus' Drug Empire, and later aligned herself with Walt's Drug Empire and eventually with Jack Welker's Gang. 

At some point she became a secret partner to Gustavo Fring and Peter Schuler in their secret meth operation, assisting Fring in his distribution network and helping him procure necessary chemicals, equipment and resources to aid in his expanding empire.

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Lydia_Rodarte-Quayle

Anyone watching Archive 81 on Netflix? I've seen the first three episodes, which are decent but could've been much better and creepier. But the central mystery is compelling, so I'm gonna watch it until the end.

https://www.justwatch.com/uk/tv-series/brooklyn-nine-nine tells me it simply is not yet available in the UK

In the US, season 8 is free on Hulu, or can be purchased on any of our VOD services https://www.justwatch.com/us/tv-show/brooklyn-nine-nine

Watching Ghost,the BBC version, and the CBS version, the similar and dissimilar in wonderful ways. Both shows are surprisingly touching.

We're watching the US version, it's light and fun

We'll probably watch the UK original this summer after the US's season 1 is over

For one reason or another, I couldn’t watch "American Horror Story" Season 7 when it came out, any more than the following ones. So I’m in the catch-up.

Called "cult", the 7th season was... interesting, but I must admit I was used to more "supernatural" subjects.

Starting from a Presidential Election that polarizes people, the series makes the tour of the great cults, the great sects that America has known... Pretty freaky!

Tonight... Season 8: Apocalypse.

20 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Succession S1 E1

550x775.jpg

I might be judging too early but I have a feeling that every character is made to be awful & rotten because that's what the HBO crowd loves to see. 

That's kind of true. But I think it's a good representation of the world the show is about. They're of course not awful all the time.

But this series is soooo good. I'm at Season 2 Episode 7. And it's so cool that basicly the whole show is talking. But it's done so incredibly well and the writing is sooo good. I'm really invested in what's happening.

My sister wondered how it could not be boring if it's only talking. And I explained to her that for example:

In something with action you get an action scene every now and then. But here the action scenes are verbal. And it's insane. I'm sometimes on the edge of my seat. That's the tension, shock and excitement that the show is able to build.

And I for one like it very much

I'm sure it perfectly reflects the reality of that world but I don't want it to be that strongly stated all the time. I have the same problem with Ozark. Awful & rotten characters as a trademark, a selling point.

Easton-Magnum-Baseball-Bat-in-Succession

Spoiler

At least the kid got a Patek Phillipe ... ;)

On 18/01/2022 at 6:35 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

To all UK viewers: does anyone know where I can find the last season of BROOKLYN NINE-NINE? Netflix doesn't have it, and I want to see what happens after the baby arrives. Also, I miss Gina like a sonofabitch.

It ended in the US in September ... for it not to have been on E4 by now seems odd. 

Am enjoying BBC1 drama The Tourist, starring Jamie Dornan as a dude whose car gets deliberately ran off the road in Australia. After waking up in hospital with amnesia, he sets about piecing together exactly why someone would want him dead.

And when it's done, it looks like its Sunday night replacement will be the final season/series of Peaky Blinders. Stoked for that!     

Just finished Archive 81.

The show starts off a little boring, then things get really dark and intense on episodes 4 to 6, which are the best of the season. However, instead of building the tension, episodes 7 and 8 have a lot of exposition explaining the mysteries (I think it would be great if they left some unanswered). Worst of all, the climax of the show is not even that scary.

Spoiler

They finally show the Other World, but it's just a creepy version of the world the characters were living.

In the end, it's a decent season, but it could've been better and darker.

Succession S1 E2

I didn't notice this during the first episode but I get it now, it's a comedy show! And it's precisely the comedy that balances out my previous concerns about the show. 

c92d0869fa1476b1d2361d328a1e98a880-succe

Community: Season 2

Simply perfect.

The two finals episode are such terrific pastiches, giving Göransson the opportunity to make two beautiful score ala Morricone/Williams that deserve a proper expansion.