What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Prehistoric Planet.

Very good, but the format becomes a bit unsatisifying as it can't really properly delve in the same geological formation and the things it contains. This is more strongly felt in the third episode, which despite the theme contains no emphasis in turtles, crocodiles, fish, mammals or polycotylids. The rest is excellent and I almost feel bad about bringing up some of the other problems (mostly anatomical). In particular, I've never seen scenes this good about pterosaurs, mosasaurs or sauropterygians before.

Given how long it took them to make this, I'm afraid we might not see more of it despite its apparent popularity.

11 hours ago, AC1 said:

The Last Duel was pretty good, Richard. 

Not really 

Omg Alex I'm trying not to laugh at you. But JFC your inability to understand that opinions are just opinions and not facts is JWfan comedy gold.

5 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

Omg Alex I'm trying not to laugh at you. But JFC your inability to understand that opinions are just opinions and not facts is JWfan comedy gold.

download.jpeg

"You can't handle the proof!"

Proof that they are well received is alway nice unless it is Marvel or Stranger Things and you balk.

But still.opinions again not proof.

I’m a big fan of the current Jeopardy champion who’s just passed 14 games won.  He’s real easy to root for, being a little more “blue collar” than the usual champion.  He’s an Uber driver with an 8 year old son.

On 29/05/2022 at 10:46 AM, AC1 said:

raised-by-wolves-2.jpg

Well, whattaya know, Season 2 is much better than Season 1. And if you don't believe me, I got proof!

Metascore Metacritic Raised By Wolves S1: 64%

Metascore Metacritic Raised By Wolves S2: 84%

Just announced HBO cancelled it

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/raised-by-wolves-canceled-hbo-max-1235284387/

I'm rewatching the final season of DEXTER.

Like GOT, fans seem to hate it.

I liked it.

Great music also.

Btw DEXTER should have been a thirty minute show. Seems like half of every episode concerns boring side characters with little or no connection to the main plot ( e.g. Flynn having an affair with Batista's daughter).

I ff everytime the story goes off- track

9 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I was really considering watching it... :( 

Does the second season ends with a cliffhanger?

Yes, it ends with a new and serious threat to the people of the colony, setting up the next season.

Apparently the show performed very well so everyone is surprised.

It's baffling why HBO keeps doing that. Not that Raised By Wolves was the new Carnivale or Deadwood, far from it. But at least it offered something different than the Disney Star Wars series, which seems to be the only topics that are being discussed here these days. 

I started "Only Murders in the Building" on Disney+ (yes... ehhh... I recently reactivated my subscription to watch the two Ewoks movies).

Well the Episode 3 with the cat, I don't remember laughing like that!

Steven Martin always was a favourite.

Severance

I like it, it's good, but at the same time I always fall asleep after 20 minutes or so. It's almost as if the show has ASMR qualities. Very strange. Anyhoo, the show is worth it for that massive office building alone. I'm somewhere in the middle of episode 3 (fell asleep again).

4f392f41-Severance.jpg

On 04/06/2022 at 8:44 AM, Bespin said:

I started "Only Murders in the Building" on Disney+ (yes... ehhh... I recently reactivated my subscription to watch the two Ewoks movies).

Well the Episode 3 with the cat, I don't remember laughing like that!

Steven Martin always was a favourite.

Can't wait for season 2 to start later this month!

6 hours ago, Dorothy Ramey said:

The queen's gambit (short series)Has anyone watched it?

We enjoyed it. 

Squid Game was also enjoyable. Very stressful and happy that we stayed spoiler-free. 

I saw the first one and it suffered from pilotitis (look! i'm a pilot! I'm establishing the tone! here's a checklist of things!) and mostly from being really vague about the meat of the conflict.

On 04/06/2022 at 5:29 PM, AC1 said:

Severance

I like it, it's good, but at the same time I always fall asleep after 20 minutes or so. It's almost as if the show has ASMR qualities. Very strange. Anyhoo, the show is worth it for that massive office building alone. I'm somewhere in the middle of episode 3 (fell asleep again).

Finished episodes 5 and 6 and this time I didn't fall asleep. Has the show found its groove? 

Severance-Soundtrack-Apple-TV-Plus-Every

DEXTER season seven

Rewatch.

Very good season overall.

SPOILER ALERT:

I think this should have been the last season and it should have ended with Deb shooting Dexter.

That would have been a perfect sendoff.

Oh.well.

7da34c42-9329-11ec-a02d-32ab2a8de739.jpg

Finished Severance. Liked it! It's a high quality show with good dialog, characters, photography and acting. Okay, maybe Patricia Arquette is overdoing it a bit. Anyway, I'm happy to see Season 2 has been green-lighted which was the first thing I checked after watching the finale.

That's really cool. 

You can learn a lot from Succession scripts if you want to write. They're written incredibly well.

And it's a really cool set of articles done by Deadline. I really like to read scriots, so I will definitely read some of those

On 04/06/2022 at 10:17 PM, AC1 said:

I think Bruce is more of The Mentalist type, they can't be saved. ;)

I watched some eps.

The one I remember had a scene where a gunman was pointing a pistol at a squad of officers who were also pointing THEIR guns at the gunman.

Yet, not one.cop shot at the guy.

Yeah, right!😒😳

Holy hell is Strange New Worlds terrific!  Episode 7 ended with a banger of a reveal.  Best Trek since TOS.  Sharp, colorful, fast, witty, thoughtful… the social commentary is there, along with rich camaraderie and warmth.   Can’t recommend this soul cleanser enough. 

The Flight Attendant Season 2 Sets April 21 Take Off

Flight Attendant (Season 2)

A fun and silly show that felt like a miniseries gets a random second season - and it turns out to be just as silly and fun as the first.  It might even be better than the first, since the central mystery is more elaborate, the characters are all used effectively throughout, and Cuoco gives a surprisingly good performance, playing not only the main character but sometimes 3 or 4 variations of her in her mind palace (don't ask).

This ain't prestige, Emmy buzz TV, this is fun pulp TV that goes down smooth and is well paced and entertaining, with a very fun original score as the cherry on top.

It also wraps up every single story by the end of the season, so if they never make a third season they will go out on top with no lingering questions.

Peaky Blinders Season 6 Episode 1.

Strange, it feels like the death of the mother of the Peaky Blinders (the actress died of cancer) isn't really a big deal for the family. At least, that's the impression I got.  

anya-taylor-joy-peaky-season-6-5b9e8ca.j

Anya Taylor-Joy looks right at home in that fancy 1930s New York Central Park apartment. 

8 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

BLINDERS is on its SIXTH season?!!!##

And, folks are still watching?!

😳😳😳😳😳😳😒😒😒😒

Actually, I'm not a fan of Peaky Blinders, but why surprised there's a S6? The show is a hit.