What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

One show that I just don't get that people keep watching it is Two and a Half Men. Don't get me wrong, Sheen is terrific as always, but that other guy is probably one of the unfunniest characters in TV comedy ever.

Welcome back 30 Rock! I keep forgetting the feeling of actually laughing while watching TV shows, and constantly at that!

And you get that from 30 Rock? Seriously?

Yes I do. There's a funny joke approximately twice a minute, some times more, some times less. I rarely laugh out loud while watching anything (unless I've been drinking and/or with friends) but this show just makes me feel good. Jack Donaghy is one of television's finest creations.

Welcome back 30 Rock! I keep forgetting the feeling of actually laughing while watching TV shows, and constantly at that!

And you get that from 30 Rock? Seriously?

Yes I do. There's a funny joke approximately twice a minute, some times more, some times less. I rarely laugh out loud while watching anything (unless I've been drinking and/or with friends) but this show just makes me feel good. Jack Donaghy is one of television's finest creations.

Agreed. 30 Rock and The Office started out strong this year.

Comedy Central is running s how called Cavemen. And I just don't get it. They look like cavemen, but act just like normal people.

So...why is that interesting,or funny?

It's supposed to be a bit of a spoof "spin-off" from the Geico Caveman commercials.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught up on Family Guy. Superb premiere. It makes me want John Morris' score to Clue even more! The Rush Limbaugh episode was terrible. The last one was okay with hilarious moments. Diabeto had me losing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksZVXqJJejY

I still need to catch up on Boardwalk Empire and Bored To Death.

Yea I actually kinda liked the Family Guy premiere, despite not liking much the show has done for years now.

Though, I guess I was more impressed by the technical aspects, music, shot composition, etc, then I was the comedy. I don't think I laughed a WHOLE lot

Though, I guess I was more impressed by the technical aspects, music, shot composition, etc, then I was the comedy. I don't think I laughed a WHOLE lot

Sometimes the comedy is not what it's about. "And Then There Were Fewer" is MacFarlane flexing his muscles. This is not regular television. An hour long episode with a 3 minute opening sequence? Top notch CGI and animation that puts The Simpsons Movie to shame? An orchestral score using John Morris' Clue? These are all reasons why he deserves to be the highest paid producer in the history of television.

Have you seen the episode "Brian And Stewie?" No music, no credits, one location. It was MacFarlane acting with himself for 30 minutes, and it was actually emotionally moving. I never thought I'd feel that way about Family Guy.

Now that most of the good shows came to an end last season, I find myself watching less mainstream TV. Currently I watch Two And A Half Men, Rules OF Engagement, How I met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, @*$*@# My Father Says, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show and American Dad.

Most of my TV time is spent on HGTV, Discovery, History Channel, National Geographic or The Food Channel.

I lost interest in 24 after the penultimate season because I didn't think they would be able to top it, so I left the arrest of Tony Almeda's evil twin brother be my final satisfied memory of the show, though I did watch his final sign-off to Chloe.

I don't watch shows anymore on a regular basis. Just sports. If I'm bored, I'll flip through and find something at random.

I wasn't too disappointed with the ending but I do feel they set the story up for too much and then deviated from it. While I can appreciate the story becoming more about the characters, I felt that many important things were pushed aside.

Sometimes the comedy is not what it's about. "And Then There Were Fewer" is MacFarlane flexing his muscles. This is not regular television. An hour long episode with a 3 minute opening sequence? Top notch CGI and animation that puts The Simpsons Movie to shame? An orchestral score using John Morris' Clue? These are all reasons why he deserves to be the highest paid producer in the history of television.

Have you seen the episode "Brian And Stewie?" No music, no credits, one location. It was MacFarlane acting with himself for 30 minutes, and it was actually emotionally moving. I never thought I'd feel that way about Family Guy.

I hated that episode

Last night's South Park was so wrong, and yet so right. One thing that's puzzling me, why haven't they started broadcasting the show in widescreen? I know they've been making it that way for years.

South Park and Survivor are the only US TV shows I'm watching regularly right now. Along with of course Doctor Who, and Sarah Jane (series 4 just started, first story was...not very good).

Anyone check out The Event? Worth the time?

I get Comedy Central HD since I have DirectTV and even since the... 13th I believe season, I've enjoyed every episode in full widescreen HD

They probably make sure no important information is never on the far left or far right so it isnt as important to preserve it

I was looking for something to watch on my lunch break last Monday and came across Outsourced.

Hilarious. (Your mileage may vary.)

I haven't seen Inception, but I've heard enough about it to get a lot of what South Park was doing last night and thought it was bloody brilliant.

John- who knows there's a South Park thread but couldn't be bothered to dig it up :)