What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I love Galactica start to finish. Season 3 is probably the weakest season overall, but it picks back up nicely in S4.

I've only seen the complete first season of Lost, just bits and pieces after that, usually finales.

I don't think I ever mentioned that I did watch the first ep of Sherlock a month or so ago, streamed on PBS's site. Absolutely wonderful, all the praise it's getting is more than earned. I'm waiting to pick it up on Blu before watching the last 2 eps.

Talking of fan edits, I was wondering the other day if there were any good KOTCS ones.

Lee - still stupidly wishing there was a way to salvage that movie.

Apart from this abridged script, I'm haven't seen any satisfying version, I'm afraid. But you probably already know this one.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

"It's a Trap!"

From a technical standpoint, the animation and graphics are superb. However I get the impression they were tired of doing it because much like the film ROTJ, the show feels tired and they only did it as a contractual obligation.

There are some funny moments, another Williams cameo is included and really could have been much funnier had they actually done what the joke implied. They even mention in the commentary of trying to get Williams to do his voice and he declined.

Although they do use the alternate sail barge cue for the speeder bike chase and acknowledge it during the commentary.

The Empire strikes back, something something darkside was horrible, I'm really not interest in It's a trap, hell yeha it is, a money trap

The Empire strikes back, something something darkside was horrible, I'm really not interest in It's a trap, hell yeha it is, a money trap

This time you and I are in total agreement.

Laugh It Up, Fuzzball: The Family Guy Trilogy

I'm just going to talk about It's A Trap! It was actually pretty good once it got going. The first half had a few chuckles; and I found it funny because I knew they were just killing time with the whole 5 minutes of nodding to each other. Ripping on Seth Green was hilarious, and the bit at the end made it all worthwhile. While the last couple of seasons have been really good, I think it's time to let the show end; and I think it's evident from this that Seth MacFarlane feels the same way.

Sons of Anarchy: Season 3. It's kind of a mirror image of season two. That one was a strong season with a weak ending, this one is the other way around. It was lost for a good deal of season 3 (though it was great to see the wonderful James Cosmo), but brought it in for a very strong and satisfying ending. The show is very plot heavy, and the writing isn't up to snuff, but it sure is diverting, with some really nice performances.

I think I'm done with drama for the time being, unless I decide to start Dexter...next up, The Larry Sanders show, Curb Your Enthusiasm and giving How I Met Your Mother a try (though I sincerely doubt I'll have much patience for it...2 camera sitcoms with a laugh-track are such a thing of the past).

The Pillars Of The Earth: Nothing special (not even on Blu-ray) but easily consumable. I prefer The Tudors.

photo-Les-Piliers-de-la-terre-The-Pillars-of-the-Earth-2010-21.jpg

Alex - who got Lars Von Trier's The Kingdom for his Christmas.

the-kingdom.jpg

I watched Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III yesterday, it was hilarious as usual, although not as good as the previous two. Boba Fett was a standout as before, as was Max Rebo as jazz stereotype, the return of Gary, the wampa at the gas station, and the real story of what happened to Owen and Beru. Incidentally, they must be real pally with LFL now, as the episode was chock full of the actual movie scores.

I love Robot Chicken. I enjoyed the 3rd Star Wars episode. Although the censors screwed up and actually forgot to bleep one of the F bombs dropped by Max Rebo. I had to back up the DVR several times to make sure I wasn't imagining thinsg.

It's nice to know that for all the grief George Lucas gets, he actually has a decent sense of humor.

Yea I thought Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III was pretty good. Mcfarlane's Emperor is always funny, though he wasn't given a whole lot to do this time despite narrating most of it. The wampa at the gas station was one of the better gags, and the jedi council member giving Vader and Palpatine their soup and mashed potatoes :)

Watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Larry Sanders Show. Both are very good, but I'm surprised at how much I like the former (Sanders so far feels more repetitive).

I've tried getting into Curb Your Enthusiasm. I still haven't gotten past episode two. I keep starting it, then get bored about ten minutes in. It seems to go out of its way so far to come up with odd situations it becomes tedious.

Curb Your Enthusiam's first season is DEFINITELY not its best. I'd recommend staying with it even if you dont LOVE it yet, or just jumping right to season 2 or 3. It gets REAL good, don't you worry :)

A couple people commented not too long ago about seeing Family Guy's parody of RoJ ("It's a Trap"). I remember some people weren't too impressed with it, but I don't know if I trust their opinions because they didn't seem to like the first two either. I thought the first two installments were hilarious - I laugh out loud even when I'm watching them alone.

Is there anyone who enjoyed the first two that can give me an idea of how the third one compares? Is it worth buying/renting?

CYE is a continuation of Seinfeld.

Thanks, now I know to avoid it like I avoid the incredibly overrated Seinfeld. The show about nothing to laugh at.

A couple people commented not too long ago about seeing Family Guy's parody of RoJ ("It's a Trap"). I remember some people weren't too impressed with it, but I don't know if I trust their opinions because they didn't seem to like the first two either. I thought the first two installments were hilarious - I laugh out loud even when I'm watching them alone.

Is there anyone who enjoyed the first two that can give me an idea of how the third one compares? Is it worth buying/renting?

The opening scroll tells it all.

A long time ago, after M*A*S*H but before After M*A*S*H....

Luke Skywalker has returned to his home planet of Tatooine in order to—okay, you know what, we don't care. We were thinking of not even doing this one. Fox made us do it. When we did "Blue Harvest", they said, "Oh,you guys are crazy." They tried totalk us out of it, and it ended upmaking a ton of money. By then we were just finishing "Empire",and we were absolutely exhausted. But Fox suddenly had dollar signs in their eyes, and they said,"Seth, if you don't do 'Jedi', we're not gonna let you leave to go direct your movie."I'm sorry. I took a muscle relaxer earlier and it's kicking in. I'm just so stressed because there's been a car parked in front of my house for three straight days and there's a pillow in the back seat. And I've never seen anyone get in or out of it, but it moves a couple feet one way or the other each day. Wouldn't it be funny if it was a bunch of raccoons living in there, moving it? You know, with their little paws on the steering wheel? And then another one working the brake and the gas? And the steering wheel raccoon and the pedal raccoon have to talk back and forth to each other 'cause the brake pedal guy can't see the road? I'm gonna keep thinking that, 'cause I know really it's probably a car bum. Look, just do me a huge favour and lower your expectations, okay?Just this one time. I promise I'll make it up to you. I mean, "Star Wars", fine. "Empire"—still not bad. But on this one we ran out of gas. Seriously, we let the assistant write it. Hell, even the Fed Ex guy got a joke in, and he calls the baby "Steve." Anyway, here's "Return of the Jedi" starring Steve as Darth Vader.

While the first 40 minutes or so bleed creative boredom, it's still funny because you know they're just trying to kill time. With all that being said, the last 20 minutes are as funny as anything else in the trilogy IMO.

I find myself watching less and less TV.

Now that football season is almost over, Monday and Thursday nights are the pretty much the only evenings I pay attention to the TV.

I find myself watching less and less TV.

Now that football season is almost over, Monday and Thursday nights are the pretty much the only evenings I pay attention to the TV.

I've said it before, but since LOST ended, the only TV show I've watched has been... LOST :P

There's nothing interesting on, although Loren Bouchard's new show, Bob's Burgers, looks like it has some potential. Looks to be more like Home Movies unlike his past shows that failed miserably.

I have Mad Men, The Pacific, and Band Of Brothers on Blu. So I'll eventually get through those.

• 3 weeks later...

Following trips the last two years to Johnson and Kennedy Space Centers, I've finally watched the HBO docudrama From the Earth to the Moon. Good stuff, though I was a bit disappointed that the whole Mercury/Gemini years were reduced down to just the first episode.

I was especially impressed by Kamen's main title piece and the eps he scored. Is there a CD release?

Following trips the last two years to Johnson and Kennedy Space Centers, I've finally watched the HBO docudrama From the Earth to the Moon. Good stuff, though I was a bit disappointed that the whole Mercury/Gemini years were reduced down to just the first episode.

I was especially impressed by Kamen's main title piece and the eps he scored. Is there a CD release?

I have the album, but if you followed Jason's link, it only has the opening and closing titles. Reminds me a bit of his Robin Hood theme.

I know that it is not a film, but has anyone watched "Boardwalk Empire", and if so, what did they think of it?

I saw the pilot of Boardwalk Empire and loved it, but haven't found the time to continue watching yet

Big Love's final season has started, anyone watching?

I have the album, but if you followed Jason's link, it only has the opening and closing titles. Reminds me a bit of his Robin Hood theme.

I didn't but I looked it up myself later, I was asking to spur discussion more than anything else. But yeah it's just loaded with period songs, and it's OOP too. Disappointing, he wrote some really good full scores, the one for the Apollo 9 ep standing out for me.

I've been meaning to check out this show forever, and now you've inspired me to add it to my netflix queue :)

It's worth a viewing, especially if you're a NASA nerd pining for them to someday return to their glory days of the 60s like me. It's all historically accurate and doesn't do anything to artificially create drama, it's pretty much an acted out documentary.