What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Ah yes, I always confuse Happy Endings with Raising Hope. Now I don't remember which one was the one I wanted to check out.

is Raising Hope the one on Fox on after New Girl, and stars the dude that played 2 characters in Deadwood and was then a terminator in the TV show?

is Raising Hope the one on Fox on after New Girl, and stars the dude that played 2 characters in Deadwood and was then a terminator in the TV show?

If you mean Garrett Dillahunt, then yes!

i do!

I started watching at the start of Season 3 and loved it right away.

My GF and I are now making our way through seasons 1 and 2. We're about 4-5 episodes into season 2 and its even better than the amazing season 1 so far!

This is one of the all time greats.

I find it to be mostly very realistic, with just the right amount of slapstick thrown in. I know people just like all those characters (well, except probably Manny)

They're supposed to be a crazy kind of family (hence the title), not some super realistic one. I feel the show has just the right amount of realism and craziness to make it work. It's a great show really.

Community just tops it though ;)

I feel the show has just the right amount of realism and craziness to make it work. It's a great show really. ;)

This.

It's the best comedy on NETWORK TV since Arrested Development!

I've started watching Major Crimes (third episode), and I'm liking what I see. Mary McDonnell's Captain Raydor is a nice, calming change from Kyra Sedgwick's lovable, eccentric Brenda Johnson from The Closer. I'm liking how it changes the dynamic of the spinoff enough to set it apart from its predecessor but within the same family.

Finally started watching Breaking Bad last week. Now I'm in the 10th episode of the Second Season and loving every minute of it. This is probably the best show right now, and I dare to say one the best shows in television history.

The scripwriting of the show takes the cake of course, but every other department of it it's brilliant too: The direction, the lighting, the sets, the music, the acting--- Oh God, don't make start on the acting, I could go on for hours... I have always been a fan of Bryan Cranston, ever since Malcolm in the Middle at least, but his performance here is in a whole other level. I don't see Bryan here, I see Walter White (and Heisenberg of course). Aaron Paul is fantastic too in his gangsta role and got me interested in seeing more of him, he definetly deserves to be in higher profile movies. In fact, every actor is brilliantly casted!

Something interesting to note is that, for example, with The Borgias I felt the episodes were too long and, despite liking that particular series a great deal, dragged a lot... Here I don't feel that at all. In fact, it's the complete opposite: The episodes fly along like nothing. If anything, I feel they should be longer!

And from what I've told, the best is still yet to come... I literally cannot wait for the next episodes.

Pretty much agree with everything you say! I'm mid-way through season 3 right now, its all just so good

One thing I love are the pre-Credits sequences, seriously some of the best ever done!

And from what I've told, the best is still yet to come... I literally cannot wait for the next episodes.

It boggles my mind how good the show is. If they stick the ending, and I'm sure they will, it'll go down as one of the greatest pieces of television.

One thing I love are the pre-Credits sequences, seriously some of the best ever done!

Yeah, absolutely! I love how you never quite know what the fuck is going on... Until the rest of the episode explains it... Most of the times :lol:

The Mission, Amazing Stories,

Williams score is a tour de force what there is.

Spielberg's direction is on maximum manipulation mode. It can be looked as shamefully manipulative, or it can be seen as the magical almost tragic tale of survival.

My heart isn't cold enough to resist.

now watching Booby Trap, 3rd season ST TNG. One of my favorites, like the music quite a bit. Hate the ending though. Once free why destroy the ship, figure a way to get it out and put it in a museum.

Breaking Bad is bloody brilliant television! Fantastic writing, great cinematography and the acting is out of the park. I always liked Bryan Cranston but its like seeing a completely different side to him in this show. His performance in the episode I just watched (4th season - episode 11) just gave me the chills. I particularly love how this show pretty much goes against conventional television. It's like watching a really great movie come to life.

I found that the transition from season 2 into season three really had a "end of act 1, start of act 2" feel. I have a feeling each 2 seasons of breaking bad will form 2-season "acts".

We're currently 8 episodes into season 3. Holy hell every episode is just so good!

1st episode of Borgias was on TV. I kind of like the setup but let's see where this is going. But who wouldn't like to watch papal power struggle in the middle of the Renaissance era Rome? It seems poor Derek Jacobi was written out of the series after the first episode. Oh well. We still have Irons doing skullduggery for the rest of the series. He certainly looks evil and worn even before ascending the popehood.

The Tudors "Borgias" is not bad with some good sets and great acting on Irons' part. But at times it can be rather dreary and dull. I'm sure they could have done a lot better with the most notorious villains of the papacy.

I found that the transition from season 2 into season three really had a "end of act 1, start of act 2" feel. I have a feeling each 2 seasons of breaking bad will form 2-season "acts".

We're currently 8 episodes into season 3. Holy hell every episode is just so good!

So the second half of season 4 starts in about a year? Seriously?

Karol

Makes no difference to me. 8 episodes aired this summer, 8 more are airing next summer. That's two seasons.

Saw the newest episode of Major Crimes last night. Oh yeah, police procedurals are all the rage nowadays (especially on TNT), but I really like this one. Mary McDonnell just brings a new, calmer side to the lead character -- as opposed to quirky (The Closer, Castle, The Glades) or deadly serious (CSI, Criminal Minds).

My girlfriend likes that show

Mary McDonnell just doesn't get enough love in my opinion. I wasn't a fan of the new Battlestar Galactica and she had a thankless role in Independence Day... but in this show, she has this amazingly cool intensity that's engaging.