What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Has anyone here seen Masada, and if so, how was it?

I watched "Masada" when it was first on TV, in nineteen-eighty-whenever. I remember that Peter O' Toole was particularly good, and that it was a pleasure to watch David Warner. Peter Strauss was also good, and that the ending was sad, but also strangely uplifting. The score was...

Just found out that the first ep of Dexter's season 7 came out. I'll get to it when I get the time. Anyone watched it?

Has anyone here seen Masada, and if so, how was it?

I watched "Masada" when it was first on TV, in nineteen-eighty-whenever. I remember that Peter O' Toole was particularly good, and that it was a pleasure to watch David Warner. Peter Strauss was also good, and that the ending was sad, but also strangely uplifting. The score was...

Loved it, with so many dialogue scenes that really flesh out the characters. I love these epics with huge canvas and yet parelel the conflict with the much more intimate conflict between the main characters. Like The Bridge on the River Kwai, in a way.

And Goldsmith's score is my favorite work of his

South Park's first two episodes this season were pretty funny, and very wrong.

I caught the tail end of last week's episode (and the punch line) while waiting for this week's episode to begin. I would have to agree with your assessment.

Poor Randy Newman...

Saturday Night Live 38x01 Seth MacFarlane / Frank Ocean

Seth MacFarlane did a great job! He was very funny in just about every skit, and was never staring at cue cards like so many other hosts until the stuttering drill sergeant skit. The funniest skit for us was the Gangnam Style skit, which is interesting cause neither of us had ever seen the original video before! For those who haven't seen it, its awesome

[media=]

We didn't watch Frank Ocean, and none of the new cast members impressed me

Parks and Recreation 5x01 Ms. Knope Goes To Washington

I love this show, and am so glad it's back. Years ago now it surpassed The Office as the better Deedle-Dee comedy, mostly due to the great cast changes they made (dumping Paul Schneider and adding Rob Lowe and Adam Scott, plus increasing the focus on Leslie's coworkers). Anyway, this season premiere was strong, I enjoy the new setting of Ben and April being in Washington DC for a while, and you gotta love Ron Swanson's obsession with grilled meat. Thank god the Tom/Ann romance is over, and the glittery laundy detergent and face cream were good gags

The Office 9x01 New Guys

The Office limps into its final season with an episode that is actually much better than anything that's happened since Michael left. They've been adding so many characters over the years I dunno why they felt compelled to add two more, but at least they god rid of two to make up for it. Not sure why Nelly is still around either, and where's Gabe? The strongest part of the episode was Jim deciding to do something with his life and not just work at a paper company forever, I've been waiting for a storyline like this for a while. I've also been waiting for what happened in the beginning for a while - the characters discussing the filming of the documentary being filmed withe camera men! I hope this season features an episode where the filmed footage gets released, and the characters get to react to their "celebrity"

My heart break for a moment last night when Sheldon in a non geek, non sarcastic, suddenly human moment asked Penny please don't hurt my friend.

Parks and Recreation 5x01 Ms. Knope Goes To Washington

I love this show, and am so glad it's back. Years ago now it surpassed The Office as the better Deedle-Dee comedy, mostly due to the great cast changes they made (dumping Paul Schneider and adding Rob Lowe and Adam Scott, plus increasing the focus on Leslie's coworkers). Anyway, this season premiere was strong, I enjoy the new setting of Ben and April being in Washington DC for a while, and you gotta love Ron Swanson's obsession with grilled meat. Thank god the Tom/Ann romance is over, and the glittery laundy detergent and face cream were good gags

Indeed. The show continues to be great comedy. The Tom/Ann relationship was the worst part about the lsat season so I'm glad thats over. Having seen both new episodes, I'm glad the show is still at the top of its game.

The Office 9x01 New Guys

The Office limps into its final season with an episode that is actually much better than anything that's happened since Michael left. They've been adding so many characters over the years I dunno why they felt compelled to add two more, but at least they god rid of two to make up for it. Not sure why Nelly is still around either, and where's Gabe? The strongest part of the episode was Jim deciding to do something with his life and not just work at a paper company forever, I've been waiting for a storyline like this for a while. I've also been waiting for what happened in the beginning for a while - the characters discussing the filming of the documentary being filmed withe camera men! I hope this season features an episode where the filmed footage gets released, and the characters get to react to their "celebrity"

I hated the fact that they had to add two new characters. You're at your final season and you want to bring the story-lines of all the characters you've grown accustomed to a befitting end. The way they got rid of Kelly and Ryan was a bit cheap. And the guy who plays Gabe never signed on for the season, so he won't be coming back.

But I like the direction this season is taking. The first 3 episodes went quite well for this season and is an improvement from the last one. The tension in Jim and Pam's relationship is a welcomed change. I look forward to seeing the course of this season, although Andy's character continues to be infuriating as ever.

Also watched the season premiere of 30 Rock. So Liz and Jack intend to tank NBC eh? The episode was good enough but the Hazel character still makes me want to puke. Let's hope this season plays out to be better than the last. I wonder how they'll end it; this being one of my favourite television comedies and all.

I haven't watched any more Offices this year beyond the season premiere but glad to hear its still an improvement over last year.

Can't wait to catch up on 30 Rock and P&R! 30 Rock was so BRILLIANT when it first came out, but has been declining slowly as the years go on. I'm glad this will be it's last. Seems like 7 years is about how long any show should run for, especially comedies.

I just ordered Breaking Bad S4. What great times we're living in! Remember the days when we only had TV shows like 7th Heaven, Beastmaster and The Cosby Show?!

The IT Crowd is great!!! Sadly it keeps dropping off from season to season but man was it brilliant when it debuted!

Just had a LOST season 4 marathon.

In fact, I have a LOST marathon in general. I watch the season chronologically, and have arrived at the end of season 4 now. What I find amazing is that they are stranded on this island for barely a month, and they walk from location to location like it's nothing, like there are giant highway signs nailed to the trees.

Or that people become awesome track readers in an instant, like Kate being able to tell that those tracks she found are definitely not Sawyer's or Jack's.

Apart from that, absolutely brilliant series.

And, for god's sake, don't spoil season 5 for me.

Just started watching Merlin season 5. Undoubtedly the best series the BBC have produced since RTD Doctor Who/Robin Hood. The soundtrack by Rob Lane is also awesome, something that the BBC seem to have mastered in continuation from Andy Price's incredible Robin Hood score a few years back.

I agree that seasons 5-6 are much stronger than seasons 1-3 on the whole. The music especially is sublime.

no it was the third episode of the season,

KK you're completely off base about Big Bang Theory, but keep up the insipid snide remarks, clearly you've jumped the shark.