What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Currently watching Torchwood. When I'm with my girl, we watch Full Metal Alchemist. I also stay on top of The Walking Dead, and am about six episodes back on the current series of Doctor Who.

Currently watching Torchwood. When I'm with my girl, we watch Full Metal Alchemist. I also stay on top of The Walking Dead, and am about six episodes back on the current series of Doctor Who.

Have you guys watched Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

Finally got a chance to get started on House of Cards.

What a fantastic show. I'm only three episodes in. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are fantastic. David Fincher's work on the first two episodes is wonderful as well.

If other Netflix productions can be this quality, I look forward to them.

Yeah I need to check this out. It's on Netflix, right?

I myself finished fourth season of Breaking Bad. It seems almost like a resolution. Is the fifth also as entertaining?

Karol

Yup. House of Cards is a Netflix exclusive production.

Which is great. There are no arbitrary television time limits. The stories are as long or short as they need to be.

I'm juggling Doctor Who (last finished series 1, episode 7: "The Long Game"), Arrested Development (last finished season 2, episode 8: "Queen for a Day"), and A Bit of Fry and Laurie (last finished series 1, episode 2). I've also been glad to discover, through YouTube clips, Would I Lie to You? and QI. I think I like British TV.

Right now, I'm going through both Battlestar Galactica series, The X-Files, Weeds, and Doctor Who, among others. I intend to give The Walking Dead and probably House of Cards a shot at some point, too.

I myself finished fourth season of Breaking Bad. It seems almost like a resolution. Is the fifth also as entertaining?

Karol

I'm currently blitzing my way through the second season, keep ending watching episodes back to back, which must mean it's good. Stayed up till 1.30am last night watching it, which in hindsight was a bad idea.

I got myself the pilot of Revolution, another apocalyptic serial which I'm told is pretty entertaining so far, directed John Favreau.

The fifth season is the MOST entertaining one! The train episode is a better suspense story than any movie I've seen!

Spoilers Breaking Bad S4 ahead:

I'm never really caught up in suspense when I watch movies (most don't do suspense anyway but startle the viewer with loud sounds) but there are moments in Breaking Bad where the suspense is almost too much for me. I will never forget when Hank found the rolling meth lab RV with Walter and Jesse in it or Jesse having to prove he can 'cook' from scratch in Mexico (or wherever it was).

Alex

walt1.jpg

My girlfriend has had to leave the room the suspense was too much for her in some episodes of Breaking Bad!

The fifth season is the MOST entertaining one! The train episode is a better suspense story than any movie I've seen!

Spoilers Breaking Bad S4 ahead:

I'm never really caught up in suspense when I watch movies (most don't do suspense anyway but startle the viewer with loud sounds) but there are moments in Breaking Bad where the suspense is almost too much for me. I will never forget when Hank found the rolling meth lab RV with Walter and Jesse in it or Jesse having to prove he can 'cook' from scratch in Mexico (or wherever it was).

Alex

One of the most brilliant moments of the show:

tumblr_ls437uktEJ1r0ze3to1_500.gif

God...that was a truly exhilarating ending. The way that suspense kept building as everything went to hell is yet another example of how freakin' awesome the writing in this show is.

Anyway, I'm flying through Breaking Bad here. Can't stop watching the thing! BUT, in last night's episode an absolute stunning babe was introduced - Jesse's landlady - and for the first time ever in the show I felt disappointed, felt that this was perhaps just another conventional entertainment after all.

It remains to be seen if the gorgeous girl becomes a love interest and main character (for a while), but I really hope not. Because it would be fake.

Krysten Ritter (Jesse's landlady) is indeed a good looking gal. You should check out the show she stars in now, "Don't Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23". Pretty funny.

That pic doesn't do her justice. In Breaking Bad last night she looked a lot more sexy. She's one of those types that benefits from video rather than static photos.

Googling her just now, I stumbled on a couple of spoilers regarding her participation in future episodes. Turns out I was right. How disappointingly predictable, I hope that's this show's one and only concession to mainstream expectation and soap conventions. Bah, Breaking Bad just lost a few points in my book. Two seasons in and we haven't even got a hot chick! We need a hot chick dude, write one in!

Pfft

Ah, I hadn't even noticed the lack of "the hot chick" in season one.

It does indeed seem sometimes that there have to be very hot people in films and tv shows. In many occassions, casts just become unrealistic.

Krysten Ritter is hardly a stereotypical Hollywood "hot chick" anyway, and the way she changes Jesse's character is extremely important for his development in future seasons - not to mention the enormous way her presence changes Walt's character.

Don't knock things until you've seen them play out.

I'm sure I'll like her Jason (everyone in this show is vital), but I just wish it could've been a little less obvious. She was sign posted so blatantly that I figured her inclusion out immediately. And she didn't have to look like a model.

Krysten Ritter is hardly a stereotypical Hollywood "hot chick" anyway, and the way she changes Jesse's character is extremely important for his development in future seasons - not to mention the enormous way her presence changes Walt's character.

Don't knock things until you've seen them play out.

Indeed. Never thought of her as a stunner. She's not my type, I guess.

Not my type either (I like curvy girls, not sticks), but she's always entertaining to watch. Pretty funny on "Don't Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23"

I'm sure I'll like her Jason (everyone in this show is vital), but I just wish it could've been a little less obvious. She was sign posted so blatantly that I figured her inclusion out immediately. And she didn't have to look like a model.

She looked like a model? I seriously don't see this apparently "obvious hotness" of hers...

There's these things we all have right called tastes. Everyone has different ones.

But anyway, I thought she looked tall and it turns out she is (5'9") and the first results on Google turned up these details without actually having to click on any of them:

v7GgDMi.png

Crazy, huh.

She looked like a model? I seriously don't see this apparently "obvious hotness" of hers...

I'm looking at pictures of her and I think she's quite attractive.

We might as well rename this the Official Breaking Bad thread

If we do that then it's only right that we rename the movie thread to "The official Alien, Blade Runner and Watchmen discussion thread" ;)

Finished season 5 vol 1. Those 8 episodes officially catapult the show into the best ever list in my book. Can't believe I thought season 4 felt like a conclusion. Now it all feels more like a prelude to the actual conclusion, where the show shifts is focus back to its core - the main character. Which is where it always should have been. I have to say when I look back at the beginning of the show and watching the relationship between Walt and Skyler develop over the course of the five seasons... it makes for a very compelling and even heartbreaking story.

Karol

Ugly models with so-called special looks were en vogue for a while.

I'm looking at pictures of her and I think she's quite attractive.

She doesn't look ugly and she looks fine. But I wouldn't call her hot.

Meth-chic.

Actually, she had the perfect look for that and nailed the role.