What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

..... but do you not love The Lost Boys? That slice of eighties magic pass you by?

"Never invite a Dutchman into your house, you silly Boy. It renders him English"

Unseen by me.

So I went though Amazon Prime and made a list of all the shows on there that I would like to watch. I will finish off Fringe now that the last season is available for free, but what should I go through next?

Alias

American Horror Story

Firefly

Justified

The Planets

Sherlock

Sons Of Anarchy

The Tudors

The Universe

American Horror Story

On 10/20/2013 at 3:28 PM, Koray Savas said:

So I went though Amazon Prime and made a list of all the shows on there that I would like to watch. I will finish off Fringe now that the last season is available for free, but what should I go through next?

Alias

American Horror Story

Firefly

Justified

The Planets

Sherlock

Sons Of Anarchy

The Tudors

The Universe

Alias, Firefly, Sherlock

Watched the first 2 episodes of the new season of The Walking Dead.

I've got to say, I'm really liking how this season's kicked off. There seems to be a big improvement from the prior seasons, specifically with the sense of depth in these episodes that wasn't there in the past.

I'll wait till it's a few weeks in before starting it. Thought season 3's first half was thrilling; the second half letting it down a bit. Still a solid season overall, the best so far.

It might be a little early to say so, but I find that I could connect to some level with this new season. Couldn't do that with season 3, which did have some high points of entertainment, but ultimately didn't have much to offer for me (probably due the uneven pacing).

There is seems to be a greater sense of maturity now. But again, it's likely too early to tell.

Just finished Peep Show and Portlandia. Very different kinds of humor, but both decidedly hilarious.

Peep Show is brilliant. I watched the first episode of Portlandia and didn't like it, though the opening song is amusing.

Looks as if American Horror Story has knocked the ball out of the park again with Coven. Great stuff.

I've finally watched season two of Robin Hood and part of season three. I liked how the second season became more serialized and is more tonally consistent than the first one. However, I agree with the most fans... the series took a nose dive with the season finale and season three. It's not just the decision to kill off a beloved character, but the lack of a good showrunner in season three (or one who's actually seen the show beforehand) is glaringly apparent. And the dynamic between the cast members just isn't what it used to be. And God do I hate Kate -- she is no Marian or Djaq.

I stopped watching after "Lost in Translation." After reading what happens later on, and especially the season finale, it pains me to see the show end like this. Maybe if Sally Wainwright had been called in to creatively 'revamp' the third season (instead of a fourth that didn't happen), it would've been better overall. At least she would've done her due diligence and actually give the show a better sendoff.

Season Three is quite a mixed bag, with some bad ideas and some good ideas (unfortunately, badly executed for the most part). But the finale is great. This season is worth watching if only for that episode.

And I don't understand why people didn't like Season 2 finale. I liked everything about it. The best episode of the season.

I don't mind Minghella and Allan going that route with Marian, but her death scene was protracted. She would've, realistically, died before Robin and the gang had the chance to say goodbye. And the season finale just writes out Will and Djaq too easily.

The implications of Marian's death would've been fine in season three -- had they actually addressed that as well as Will and Djaq's departure, and revisited some of the plot threads from the first season. Even Allan's betrayal is all but forgotten in the third season. And doing all these retcons to make Robin and Guy half-brothers... WTF? And making Kate Robin's new love interest? Bad idea. Any showrunner with a lick of sense would've scrapped most of these and gone for something more sensible.

I've got to say, I'm really liking how this season's kicked off. There seems to be a big improvement from the prior seasons, specifically with the sense of depth in these episodes that wasn't there in the past.

I don't know about depth, it's such a poorly written show (most of the time it's like watching Home And Away) but yesterday I watched eppy 7 from S2 and to me it's the first decent episode of that season (Spoiler: Shane does some kind of coup on the farm community, kills the zombies in the barn and suddenly the little lost girl comes out ... All at once! Yeah!). It's like with Battlestar Galactica. That show too was at its best when the plot moved forward rapidly and dramatically.

Alex

Well I was referring to season 4 (the latest season). I agree about the poor writing to some extent, which is why I found this new season so refreshing. I was never the show's biggest fan, but this season's off to a good start. It's opening episodes have kept me more engaged than any of the past seasons.

American Horror Story. One of the most depressing shows I've ever seen. Some things didn't work, some things were a bit silly and overwrought, but for the most part a well written, acted, and paced, with a great sense of atmosphere. Given the subject matter ("Haunted House" story), you would think this would seem totally unoriginal. In many ways it is, but it seemed new for Television and they way it was handled. Very well done.

Jessica Lange was incredible.

I don't know about depth, it's such a poorly written show (most of the time it's like watching Home And Away) but yesterday I watched eppy 7 from S2 and to me it's the first decent episode of that season (Spoiler: Shane does some kind of coup on the farm community, kills the zombies in the barn and suddenly the little lost girl comes out ... All at once! Yeah!). It's like with Battlestar Galactica. That show too was at its best when the plot moved forward rapidly and dramatically.

Alex

you can't like it because it's popular, therefore it is no good.

the numbers don't lie.

I think if we build a spread sheet it will statistically show that Alex is guided by popularity,

Last night's episode of The Walking Dead S2 is called Nebraska. Two untrustworthy troublemakers show up at the saloon - I say "saloon" because that whole segment felt like an unadulterated Western - andt he tention that came with it made episode 8 watchable again. So in short, more tension and more savage drama, please (and less boring stories about their past, their problems or their little hopes and dreams) . Oh yes, kill off the Asian dude, the policeman's pregnant wife and make Shane the tyrant of the community. Let's go a little bit more crazy!

Shane_Walsh_TV_Series_zps430278be.jpg

I ... forgive ... you ... I forgive you ...

Alex

I've seen every episode of the Walking Dead. There has never been an episode with a saloon.

I would be hard pressed to find a saloon in south Georgia in this day and age.

Glen survives even today. He's survived a brutal beating at the hands of Merle, who left Glen tied up in a room with a zombie, with the hopes he would eat Glen, while acknowledging that the zombie would be hungry 30 minutes later.

Have you seen the latest episodes Joey?

yes.

episode 1 was all set up

episode 2 was shocking, thrilling, dangerous

episode 3 was some set up. some shock, and two parts wow.

Saloon was a figure of speech. S2 did have a shootout in a bar. It's not a big deal.

I was going to call you to explain it to Joey (even though it was self-explanatory) but I see I don't even have to do that anymore. Great!

I've been rooting for Glen's death since season 1!

Thank you! What a softy he is! Also, I don't buy that the farm girl is all over him.

Rest me to say that nothing stood out in episode 9 (Triggerfinger). A rather boring episode again. There's nothing more uninteresting than seeing characters talking about themselves or telling some old story. This show likes to do that.

Scrubs. Never watched it while it was on, and ony sporadically caught it on re-runs, but when I did catch it the humor seemed right up my alley. Thanks to Netflix I am through seaon 1. Awesome show.

It's a great show! Seasons 3 and 4 are the best. 5 gets weird, 6 was mostly forgettable, 7 started getting better by the end, and then 8 was a good final season with a FANTASTIC finale. Whatever you do, do NOT watch season 9 at all. Just pretend it all ended with the Season 8 finale.

Saloon was a figure of speech. S2 did have a shootout in a bar. It's not a big deal.

I was going to call you to explain it to Joey (even though it was self-explanatory) but I see I don't even have to do that anymore. Great!

A poorly chose word from you.

I don't know a living person who thought it was watchable. Now you internet fellows are different.

two complaints about Sleepy Hollow, one shared with Under the Dome.

1. Spanish Moss is not found in New York or Maine, but since both shows are filmed in North Carolina,

2. I know Icabod is a fish out of water, and the show plans to keep him that way, but his wardrobe needs to be expand just a bit.

Thank you! What a softy he is! Also, I don't buy that the farm girl is all over him.

Indeed. It also doesn't help that he's played by one of the weakest actors of the cast. Some of his scenes just make me cringe.

Indeed. It also doesn't help that he's played by one of the weakest actors of the cast. Some of his scenes just make me cringe.

what the hell are you talking about, he's one of the most sincere actors on the show.

The Crazy Ones

I just started watching this, and while pairing up Robin Williams with Sarah Michelle Gellar seems a bit weird (his manic ad-libbing versus her deadpan style) -- it grew on me. Gellar gets to show off more of her comedic timing she hinted at in Buffy, and she actually balances Williams out. Having Hamish Linklater as part of your supporting cast also helps with the witty, rapid-fire dialogue.

Hopefully this show can hang on for a while. I'd like to see Gellar get a successful post-Buffy show for once.

It's a great show! Seasons 3 and 4 are the best. 5 gets weird, 6 was mostly forgettable, 7 started getting better by the end, and then 8 was a good final season with a FANTASTIC finale. Whatever you do, do NOT watch season 9 at all. Just pretend it all ended with the Season 8 finale.

I've been warned about that, and it seems most fans pretend like the 9th season never happened. I planned on avoiding it.