What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Black Mirror 1x02 Fifteen Million Merits

OK, now that’s more like it! Nice sci-fi story here. And the best kind, where you can’t predict where it is going to go. Lady Sybill from Downton Abbey is barely recognizable, and the American Idol parody show was quite demented. The whole world was built up really well, and I liked the direction it went after her appearance on the show (what Bing does at the end). It went on for a bit too long, could have used some trimming here and there, but overall I’m liking the idea of an anthology show with wildly different ideas from week to week. Definitely on board for watching the rest of the show!

House of Cards 2x03 Chapter 16

So many familiar faces showing up on this show now! Last week it was Lou from Rescue Me, this week it’s the mayor from The Shield and Jimmi Simpson (from Always Sunny and a million other things). Loved watching Frank juggle everything in this episode, including the congressional dispute of the retirement age change bill. Not sure I get yet why we keep following Rachel, but I suppose the Christian gathering thing will lead somewhere. I assume this is the last time we’ll see Janine. What I really like is in the (otherwise pretty boring) Lucas storyline, we the viewer don’t even know if the “deep web” hacker he meets is a real hacker or part of the FBI sting operation that Stamper authorized. I have a feeling it’s the latter, but it’s hard to say right now.

Been watching lots of Samurai Jack lately. I'm about to start episode 13 in a few minutes, but by God this show is pure gold. Tartakovsky is a genius, I love how he takes so much advantage of the minimalist style he has to work with. With every episode it gets better and better, although it's sad to know that it was cancelled before Jack could have his final encounter with Aku.

Love everything about this show: The style, the minimalistic animation, the mistique feeling of it, the writing, the direction, the voice acting, the music, the humour... My God, the humour on this thing is hilarious! Genndy is a master in inserting little jokes in serious moments that really function as relief. His Clone Wars -which I loved too- has a lot of that, too.

That ability to make a joke work within a serious moment is a brilliant talent. More directors should take note of it.

Now the quest continues....

Brooklyn 99 2x16 Full Boyle

Aw, Boyle and his new girl are great for each other :) Too bad Jake blew it with his girl. Hitchcock and Scully are quickly becoming the best bits in every episode. Gina’s dance troupe was great too. What will Rosa do when she finds out Boyle's engaged?

Mindy Project 2x14 The Dessert

Pretty lame to have Danny suddenly kiss Mindy right after her and Cliff both decide they want to give it another try. New Girl went rapidly downhill when Nick and Jess got together, and now they are going to ruin Mindy Project too?

The Neighbors 2x15 You’ve Lost That Larry Feeling

College guy hitting on Amber was creepy to me. Her and Reggie not getting back together because they can’t both just say how they feel was typical sitcom stuff.

Oh, no; it's much more for adults than for kids. As a matter of fact, as a kid I didn't like it, but now I really enjoy it as I can enjoy the mystic behind it and the subtle homages to the genre, and the mythology of the world is fantastic too.

Decide for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXoV4rgU83k

Purchased Breaking Bad S6 and Game Of Thrones S3, both on Blu-ray, but first I gotta finish the whole Deadwood series. Talking about the latter:

the-whores-can-come-01-1024_zps72d54475.

I took me like five episodes to realize it's Skyler!

Alex

It took me 3 episodes into the current season of House of Cards to realize Frank's new Whip candidate is Alma Garret from Deadwood! It was driving me crazy and I had to look it up

Purchased Breaking Bad S6 and Game Of Thrones S3, both on Blu-ray, but first I gotta finish the whole Deadwood series. Talking about the latter:

the-whores-can-come-01-1024_zps72d54475.

I took me like five episodes to realize it's Skyler!

Alex

Oh wow. That shot isn't very flattering for her.

I should check this show out.

Girls 3x08 Incidentals

Some funny moments with Jessa this week, and of course Shoshonna. It was obvious Marnie was way more hurt by her breakup with Ray than she let on. Something tells me that isn’t the last we’ll see of them together, and I’m sure Shoshanna will find out before the season’s over! Adam getting a job on broadway, seems obvious to me where that storyline will go (him bombing or bailing out), but maybe I’ll be surprised. Jessa relapsing was no surprise. She was just waiting for this to eventually happen (why else would she have given anyone there her address?)

New Girl 3x16 Sister

Last week Jess suddenly had an ex-bf we’d never heard of before. Now all of a sudden she has a sister we’ve never heard of before. It was all kinda dumb. Schmidt at the bar mitzvah and Winston, Coach, and Cece at the soup party were much better / funnier storylines. But maybe the sister storyline will go somewhere next week.

The Wire, last 3 episodes of the final season: This is hands down one of the best if not the best TV show I have ever seen and the last episodes didn't disappoint. Now this is a way to end a series! A true journey. Magnificent.

Black Mirror 1x03 The Entire History Of You

Brilliant! Another great episode of the show. The idea for this one is that everyone has a “grain” embedded in the back of their head, the records everything they see and hear, and which can be played back at any time (either privately on your own eyes, or publicly on a flat screen TV). This is used to examine some interesting facets of interviews, relationships, friendship, and fidelity. Really well done! Interesting architecture on all the houses everyone lived in too (which for some reason all looked the same?).

Good writing all around, a very cool show to come out. Looking forward to Season 2!

It's basically a modern day twilight zone, but all the concepts are really dark and twisted instead of some weeks being more lighthearted. It's really well written, acted, and shot.

It's not exactly a big investment of time, to date there are 2 seasons of 3 episodes each, and they are only 45 minutes long (well, the middle one of season one was an hour)

There should always be an Outer Limits / Twilight Zone / Amazing Stories / Alfred Hitchcock Presents type anthology series on TV. Nice to have a show with a different cast and setting every week

Outer Limits and the others mentioned (apart from Twilight Zone) are still very much early evening conventional entertainment, though. Black Mirror is for the most part strictly grown ups only. Tonally, I mean.

Brooklyn 99 1x18 The Apartment

Suddenly Jake and Gina are childhood friends? And Jake got her this job? Ooooook, that came out of nowhere. Their whole plot this week was pretty weak, actually. Luckily Hitchcock and Scully were hilarious ("We had 14 arrests. It could have been 20, but it was 14"), as was Amy's shame cigarettes. The cold open with Jake calling Hoyt dad was really funny, and the dynamic between Rosa and Boyle was interesting.

Finished House of Cards 2. Overall, I must say it's better. A bit sillier too, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. All those political games get so ridiculous sometimes that you just can't treat it as anything else than a big giant farce. But it might be the point, exactly. Wasn't that obvious last year. Good solid stuff. I'm a big fan of Robin Wright's performance. She's icy cold and her face almost never moves. You can't really tell what her character is all about - a fantastic performance, in some ways better than Spacey's.

Karol - who finds it fanny Underwood doesn't do a single productive thing the entire season

Well I think that's the point. It's more far-fetched than the first season, but that adds to all the fun. And Underwood was intentionally not being productive ;)

Wright and Spacey are absolutely brilliant together, and on their own. And like yourself, I was especially impressed with Wright.

It almost feels wrong to enjoy it, if you know what I mean.

Karol

I know exactly what you mean. But it can't be helped!

How I Met Your Mother 1x18 Rally

Another treading water episode, kinda, though it did office some nice glimpses into the character's futures and a bunch of callbacks. The resolution of the "Lilly has a crush on Robin" running gag was actually really funny and clever. We're in the final stretch now - no more rerun weeks, just the final 6 episodes to go, the final quarter of the final season, uninterrupted. Let's hope the writers make it worth it, and that starts with actually featuring the Mother in more than 2 minutes an episode please!

Community 5x07 Bondage and Beta Male Sexuality

Ugh, without Troy the show is just not the shame. The writers decided to pair Abed with Professor Hickey and almost no part of the entire subplot worked. John Oliver continues to be really excellent on the show. Most everything else this week was a bit forgettable.

Bergerac is one of the most relaxing shows ever made! And then there's that theme, which just eases you in...

Kept humming the theme at work this week. Beautiful theme really.

Got to love how Charlie Hungerford is always involved in some way through his business dealings. Surely owned the islands by the series' end.

The 'supermodel zoologist who's off to the Galapagos Islands to artificially inseminate iguanas' episode's my fave, though I'm more into Cheers right now. Love the post-Diane episodes.

"I had two HUUUUGE handfuls!"

would Frasier have the same problem vis a vis taking a photo if he had an iphone? Debatable.

Started rewatching Frasier this afternoon. One of the funniest shows in recent memory.

They do frequent re-runs of the show here so I see an episode every now and then. One of my favourites.