What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

No, no. Much better than that. It seems to have everything - visual style is good, acting is great... except I'm not interested at all. I'm really let down by it.

Karol

It's kind of draggy in places, though i enjoy all the lazy southern atmosphere and Harrelson and McConaughey play off each other great. It's just that the homicide case moves at a snails pace and it lacks tension in that department.

No, no. Much better than that. It seems to have everything - visual style is good, acting is great... except I'm not interested at all. I'm really let down by it.

Karol

Yeah I've noticed lately how you've been covering for Chaac in his absence.

Just watched the brilliant second and third episodes of the new series of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.

It's going well so far.

Itching for the news series of Rev. to start next week.

I'm now 10 episodes into Jericho and it's really picking up steam. The first couple of episodes were good, enough to keep me interested, but now I'm starting to see what the fuss was about. It's a show that would have felt right at home on something like AMC. Let it breath a bit by making it more adult oriented, pull back the episode quota to about 13-15 for the first season, cut the fat that was needed to capture a more widespread audience, and you have yourself something really special. As it is, still extremely good television as I get deeper into the series.

Karol

Yeah I've noticed lately how you've been covering for Chaac in his absence.

So... After many years of banter, sometimes genius and sometimes annoying, the best way to leave that he could come up with was.. a sequel to Mark Olivarez? Really, Quint?

Ironic and a slight let down. I was counting on a car chase or nuclear explosion. Ah, well.

Karol

But, seriously now, what happened? Did you upset/abuse him again?

Karol

I emerged victorious from the war that had waged between me and my Nemesis, the member formally known as Quint/Lee D/TheGreatEye for too long to count.

But... doesn't that mean you should stop existing as well? Shadow cannot exist without light. And what would be light without darkness?

Karol

Chaac seemed to stop posting because he was offended by some people's remarks about his sexuality. Not a good way to go.

I don't think he left because of that. At least, I hope he didn't leave because of that.

I miss him. He was one of the best posters on this forum. Now, all I have left is you guys. Ugh...

Chaac seemed to stop posting because he was offended by some people's remarks about his sexuality. Not a good way to go.

I don't think he left because of that. At least, I hope he didn't leave because of that.

I miss him. He was one of the best posters on this forum. Now, all I have left is you guys. Ugh...

Tell me about it...

The sun's light would not exist without darkness.

Sure it would. It may not exist as "light" as Humans see it, but we see only a small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum anyway. We can't see ultraviolet either. The suns "light" exists whether we can see it or not.

I mean he stopped posting around the same time. There was that big discussion happening in one of those Other Topics threads.

I mean he stopped posting around the same time. There was that big discussion happening in one of those Other Topics threads.

If that's true, then this place seriously sucks.

Karol

I recall Chaac had a bit of a confrontation with a certain member....

But I thought everyone came out of that largely unharmed (as in they got over it).

And now both those members have disappeared...

Itching for the news series of Rev. to start next week.

Didn't know there was a new series imminent. Thanks for the heads-up!

no worries, Monday 24th BBC2 at 10pm. The last ever series according to Hollander. Maybe the odd one-off.

Apparently such was the sudden fame of its cast (chiefly Olivia Colman) series 3 was delayed as long as it has been. That and other projects.

Broke out my DVD copy of From The Earth To The Moon tonight and watched the first few episodes. Seriously fine stuff; and great music from an impressive roster of composers, headed by Kamen of course. Any other fans of it here? Fond memories of watching this when I was a younger lad.

Broke out my DVD copy of From The Earth To The Moon tonight and watched the first few episodes. Seriously fine stuff; and great music from an impressive roster of composers, headed by Kamen of course. Any other fans of it here? Fond memories of watching this when I was a younger lad.

Quite a big fan of it. I recently got the boxset but haven't had time to watch it. Remember when it first aired on Channel 4 back in the late 90s. Captured my imagination and the music is top notch, shame it never got a proper release (the official soundtrack CD consists of 60s' era songs mostly). Each episode was first rate and taught me a fair bit about Apollo. The Apollo 13 episode was good in how that fitted it around the movie with Clint Howard, doing it from a different angle. I remember first watching the opening episode and being quite moved by the Apollo 1 disaster. But then the opposite of the drama, the humour in "Spider" (building the LEM). And it featured a few well known faces of course.

Fond of Rev myself ... there's a genuine warmth to it, and the Reverend Smallbone is appealingly 'normal'. Do love the moment from Series 1 where he's passing a building site in his full garb and his response to the piss-taking builders is to stop, remove his dog-collar, tell them to fuck off and then put it back on and continue on his way.