What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

That's the way every single show on network television works. Season runs from September to May, some weeks are new, some weeks are reruns, no set schedule (other then always trying to be new during November, February, and May Sweeps Weeks) Family Guy is no different than the others.

No, with normal shows they have new shows every week, and then show reruns during the off season while they film for the new season. Sometimes you'd see a one week break or something like that. Family Guy's budget has gone so high that it takes 9 months to do one episode, so they air them as they come. MacFarlane made fun of it in the epilogue for It's A Trap!

and you believed that, LOL at you. Funny that since the show is topical that proves Seth was exaggerating. If it took that long then the show wouldn't ever get made.

It start out taking 9 months per episode, but that's the general time frame right now. Watch the commentaries.

I've started watching Lie to Me on Netflix. Interesting premise upon which they seem to have built an otherwise fairly standard entry into this genre. I'm a little irked at how cut-and-dry and infallible they make the art of reading facial expressions seem, but I'm only two episodes in, so perhaps that'll be less of an issue later on.

I've started watching Lie to Me on Netflix. Interesting premise upon which they seem to have built an otherwise fairly standard entry into this genre. I'm a little irked at how cut-and-dry and infallible they make the art of reading facial expressions seem, but I'm only two episodes in, so perhaps that'll be less of an issue later on.

If every plot premise had to be feasible you'd be stuck watching the History Channel. I don't watch this show, but I've seen an episode and I guess you just have to accept that there's something superhuman about his ability.

My girlfriend likes that one, but I haven't been compelled to give it a shot.

Maybe after Dexter, True Blood, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad...

If every plot premise had to be feasible you'd be stuck watching the History Channel. I don't watch this show, but I've seen an episode and I guess you just have to accept that there's something superhuman about his ability.

I figured I'd get a response like that from someone. :P It's true, and I'm not losing sleep over it or anything, but just something about the way they present it strikes me as a little...misleading, even though it's clearly a work of fiction. Of course, stretching the truth to make better entertainment is ubiquitous in crime dramas and so forth, so no worries.

I get your meaning. I actually had the same thought when I watched it, which may be why I haven't watched another episode since. So I guess I'm not taking my own advice.

Recorded Smallville since we went out to eat chinese food, gawd that shit was awful, they really should be deported back to where ever they came from if they are going to serve such bad food. Anyways, watched the Mentalist last night and LOVED THE ENDING, that brit does a passable california accent but every now and then his tongue betrays him.

I've been watching some Family Guy episodes on Hulu and TV, and I've gotta say, it's hilarious. The music is great, too. A lot of it's pastiche (I heard some JW modern action music during the Nazi/American fight), but it sounds pretty inspired to me. Especially the songs..."Mr. Booze" was great. I'm surprised the makers are willing to put that much time into something that is basically mocking a musical, but I love it.

I've been watching some Family Guy episodes on Hulu and TV, and I've gotta say, it's hilarious. The music is great, too. A lot of it's pastiche (I heard some JW modern action music during the Nazi/American fight), but it sounds pretty inspired to me. Especially the songs..."Mr. Booze" was great. I'm surprised the makers are willing to put that much time into something that is basically mocking a musical, but I love it.

Obviously you don't know much about Seth MacFarlane :lol:

The Pillar's of the Earth. That was a great series, probably one of or the best miniseries shows I've seen in a long time. A lot of great drama, good music, and flat out fantastic sets and environments. Besides the fact that there are a few characters who you really just do not like at all which the makers proposed as good/"likeable" characters (Ellen, Jack), it was a really good show.

At least the creators themeslves said upfront they were improvising a lot of elements. But I liked the show as it is. Mainly the self-contained parts, like the Pegasus storyline.

Karol

Just watched a few more episodes. I realize why the show felt like it was shrinking: it's getting down to storylines with less characters involved and more importantly, there's hardly any location shooting in the first half of season four.

I'd actually recommend both seasons 3 and 4. They got some fresh production blood in and tried to go in a more serialized direction a la DS9. Not totally successfully, but it's miles ahead of the first couple of years.

John- who thinks Hoshi is way hotter than T'Pol

Breaking Bad: Season 2. Great despite the last emo episode. The interior lighting in this season was better than the first season. I'm glad they solved that. I know it's always Bryan Cranston (Whalter) who gets the Emmy each year but isn't Aaron Paul (Jesse) just as great?

BB_Video_Crash_Code_325x200.jpg

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Dancing with the Stars was on the tube last night, and I actually cheered when Tom Bergeron, the host of the show who seems to host every other game show as well, had this to say of Kirstie Alley, the night's final contestant:

"...of Look Who's Talking, Cheers, and, my personal favorite, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan."

Nice to see that people haven't forgotten where she started.

How can I make fun of something if I don't watch it?

Besides, it was on in the room. I don't get the channel that the hockey game was on.

All the non-political morning shows in the area talk about is either Dancing with the Stars or American Idol, and naturally, being in Steeler country, they think that Hines Ward being on the show makes it important.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So Thursday night I randomly caught some new show on NBC called "The Paul Reiser Show". It reminded me a bit of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"... and then all of a sudden - Paul Reiser was having lunch WITH Larry David! It was right out of Curb. At first I thought Larry was playing the same Larry David "character" he plays on Curb, but then he mentioned Curb in the dialogue.

Anyway, I watched the rest of the episode, and it seemed like a decent show. Anybody else watching?

Still watching Family Guy. This show is freakin hilarious. I was surprised to find that one of the funniest gags in 30 Rock was actually done first on Family Guy.

• 2 weeks later...

The GF and I finished True Blood: Season 1 last week. Was good overall, but man, some parts of that show are cheesy as hell. I like the character development though, the arcs some of them are going on are fun.

We're gonna check out the BBC Sherlock show next before moving back to Dexter and starting Season 2 of that

I finally was able to watch AMC's The Walking Dead. Man what a great Zombie series, probably one of the better ones I've seen. I really do hope they make a Season 2 of it.

I watched all 6 eps with my friends in a big marathon a few months back.

We liked the first 5 eps but man, was the final episode a big let down.

So Thursday night I randomly caught some new show on NBC called "The Paul Reiser Show". It reminded me a bit of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"... and then all of a sudden - Paul Reiser was having lunch WITH Larry David! It was right out of Curb. At first I thought Larry was playing the same Larry David "character" he plays on Curb, but then he mentioned Curb in the dialogue.

Anyway, I watched the rest of the episode, and it seemed like a decent show. Anybody else watching?

Never heard of it, but you piqued my interest.

Good luck, it's been canceled by NBC after only two episodes.