What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Very high quality show or a good show?

It's a good show. It isn't True Detective, but its very good stuff.

Considering the show was conceived as an anthology series, the title has nothing to do with the plot or characters in the first season.

I reckon season 2 will feature a single 'True Detective'.

The first episode of Arrested Development s4 was surprisingly poignant. Finding out that Michael Bluth had fallen on hard times after proudly completing his dad's housing project only to suffer financial ruin as the recession hit was really quite sad. I really care for these characters now!

A good first episode to the Netflix revival season.

Yeah, it really was. And yet as the rest of the season plays out, it never really feels the same.

House of Cards Season 1: Man this is entertaining stuff! I was hooked from the first episode and have chain watched several episodes over these past few days. I am at episode 10 now and can't wait to see how the 1st season ends!

I'll have to watch the English version some time if for nothing else than Ian Richardson.

Started on PENNY DREADFUL and FARGO.

So far only FARGO seems to stay in the running. As far as BBC goes, i have still two seasons of PEEP SHOW and they are so deliciously misanthropic from Season 4 on i almost envy myself.

Started on PENNY DREADFUL

I'm considering watching this. Care to develop on that one?

It's basically like RIPPER STREET and other hokum of the same ilk and though it has Timothy Dalton, vampires and an ancient egyptian curse and Frankenstein in form of a late 19th century London pathologist, i wasn't overly hellbent on watching episode 3. Maybe it gets more demented (and fun) but after 2 episodes i'd say rather watch THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES or THEATER OF FEAR again.

Peep Show is top humor. Been throwing on random episodes lately, wondering if a new season will ever appear....

The name 'Sophie' spoken in half-disgusted, half-fearful timbres will always crack me up.

Started on PENNY DREADFUL.

How's Korzebiowski's score pub?

Very similar to ROMEO & JULIET. Main theme isn't very memorable, rest the usual minimalist piano/string things he so likes. Nothing to write home about.

Started on PENNY DREADFUL.

How's Korzebiowski's score pub?

Very similar to ROMEO & JULIET. Main theme isn't very memorable, rest the usual minimalist piano/string things he so likes. Nothing to write home about.

Yeah, I've seen the main titles sequence and while the opening of the piece sounded promising, it just ended up being more of the same. I was hoping the underscore might offer something different.

Oz, The Sopranos, or The Wire. Which one should I watch first?

Oz is unwatchable, at least it is for me.

The other two are great. I watched The Wire before I saw The Sopranos (which is a different kind of show) so I don't know why there would be something wrong with that.

Alex

I saw a clip and it felt very oppressive in mood. Is the whole show so burdensome?

Oh yes, it's partly what makes it so sublime by the end.

Not in a Fincher sort of way, mind. I wouldn't love it if it was as burdensome and gloomy worldy as something like Se7en.

I don't get the continuous Seven comparisons, it's much more like Zodiac.

Indeed. Who was comparing it to Seven?