What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I wouldn't exactly call it "light-hearted", but it definitely uses humor, smartly, to prevent the rest of the film to collapse under the weight of its inherent darkness.

I wouldn't exactly call it "light-hearted", but it definitely uses humor, smartly, to prevent the rest of the film to collapse under the weight of its inherent darkness.

Mainly thanks to RDJ from what I recall. True Detective uses humor in the same sense too, though, and it's episodic nature naturally breaks up that overbearing mood (though I personally found it hard to just watch one).

I haven't seen Zodiac. I find the tone of TD to be closer to Silence of the Lambs, a movie which is nowhere near as cynical and grim as Se7en. I never really got the Se7en comparisons.

It's Twin Peaks meets Silence of the Lambs for me.

Well I finished the latest run through tonight. It really makes me yearn for a genuine, well-crafted Lovecraft adaptation, for the big or small screen. This is probably the closest that anything has come to that so far.

Also....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqy18zRDNBc

Well, yes. Not everyone has already seen it or heard about it. But if you have the impression everyone knows about it, then don't add a spoiler warning.

That was just a suggestion. You're free to ignore it if you want.

I haven't seen Zodiac. I find the tone of TD to be closer to Silence of the Lambs, a movie which is nowhere near as cynical and grim as Se7en. I never really got the Se7en comparisons.

It's Twin Peaks meets Silence of the Lambs for me.

You can get a feel for the similar cinematography and atmosphere from the trailer:

Well, yes. Not everyone has already seen it or heard about it. But if you have the impression everyone knows about it, then don't add a spoiler warning.

That was just a suggestion. You're free to ignore it if you want.

I just figured that anyone who is watching GOT, caught up or not, likely has some idea of what the Red Wedding is, and could act accordingly without me shielding their eyes from a bit of fun. It also doesn't even show what happens, really.

You'll have to forgive me for feeling the world has gone a bit spoiler-mad. ;)

How many seasons of Community are "on fire" before the rot sets in? We were thinking of giving it a go after Arrested Dev.

Oh hang on I think I'm confusing it with the Alec Baldwin show.

Community for me only soared for a short while, sometime around seasons 2 and 3. Beyond that it was really hit or miss, with plenty of brilliant episodes sandwiched between weeks of so-so ones.

30 Rock was fairly consistent for all seven of its seasons. It doesn't set the world on fire but it's always funny and entertaining.

I'd recommend Modern Family before either.

I'm not familiar with any currently running British comedies (unless you count Sherlock)

There aren't any. They're all shite at the moment.

Did you guys ever get Phoenix Nights? That is as old as The Office, and just as good. Very different, though. Northern humour. Absolutely hilarious show, two seasons of.

publicist possibly knows about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWmdEqwgit4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR2-xA8TXxQ

Which show is the one with two gays who are lead characters? Because that was awful of what I saw of it.

Or was it VICIOUS with McKellen and Jacobi?

Oh dear.

Anyway, I was really disturbed by the fact Ramsay Snow (Bolton) is in this.

Karol

I prefer british programs...only Larry David can compete.

I agree, although Arrested Development can stand proud in recent memory.

Community goes strong for its first 3 seasons, where you really grow with the characters. After that, it drops big time.

30 Rock is hilarious for its first 3-4 seasons as well. I've been rewatching episodes lately and it still stands strong.

Watching currently Star Trek TOS that I got in Bluray, and I'm really enjoying it! Have seen 11 episodes so far.

I had never seen it! (when I first saw the film, I didn't know there was a series before that, and i was always wondering, why they all acted as there was something before that we haven't seen!)

Has anyone else seen it? any thoughts?

Has anyone else seen it? any thoughts?

No, I don't think anybody else on this board has ever seen Star Trek before. You may be the first.