What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Sith McFarlane's sarcasm has no place in The Flintstones!

Actually he has done a few Flintstones jokes in Family Guy that are rather funny. I would imagine hard core Flintstones fans would be highly offended but I got a chuckle and I grew up on the Flintstones.

I was offended more by the two live action films they made.

Anyone else thinks Cuddy is hot?

Definitely. The episode where she did a stripper dance in House's imagination was :eek::w00t:

Law and Order SVU had a terrific season finale that was not a cliffhanger, just jaw dropping.

This past season of Parks and Recreation (16 episodes) was utterly fantastic

This past season of Parks and Recreation (16 episodes) was utterly fantastic

I agree! That show has gotten really funny. And I love the theme song.

I finished up Season 1 of Mad Men and am now starting Season 2.

"The Wheel" was superb.

:up:

Season 2 is just as good. I haven't seen anything beyond that though.

Karol

Star Trek: TOS - "Mudd's Women."

Man, this one was weird. The first half of the episode is campy fun with Roger Carmel stealing the scene as Harry Mudd and the men of the ship acting like fools around women. The second half is a serious drama and features some great acting by Karen Steele and Gene Dynarski. The episode's attitudes toward women are both forward thinking (inner character and ability are more important than outer beauty) and regressive (all women want are rich husbands who don't yell at them too much). And the difference between ugly and beautiful was essentially makeup. I guess that's the best they could do without casting difference actresses for the transformations, but it's a little funny given modern society's much relaxed attitudes toward makeup. Not much in the way of sci fi elements, heavy on the thinking. I liked it.

Star Trek: TOS - "Mudd's Women."

Man, this one was weird. The first half of the episode is campy fun with Roger Carmel stealing the scene as Harry Mudd and the men of the ship acting like fools around women. The second half is a serious drama and features some great acting by Karen Steele and Gene Dynarski. The episode's attitudes toward women are both forward thinking (inner character and ability are more important than outer beauty) and regressive (all women want are rich husbands who don't yell at them too much). And the difference between ugly and beautiful was essentially makeup. I guess that's the best they could do without casting difference actresses for the transformations, but it's a little funny given modern society's much relaxed attitudes toward makeup. Not much in the way of sci fi elements, heavy on the thinking. I liked it.

the framing of the shots was well devised to make this episode work. Mudd is such a fun character, I wish they could have had one more episode with him showing that darkside that is only hinted at.

True, Joey, the cinematography was good, although it did establish the embarrassing precedent of filming women in soft focus to supposedly make them more beautiful. My favorite scene is the one in which Kirk watches as the miners play with their new women-toys, dancing and getting jealous of each other. It's really disturbing, and it gets at the essential hollowness of sexual attraction.

True, Joey, the cinematography was good, although it did establish the embarrassing precedent of filming women in soft focus to supposedly make them more beautiful. My favorite scene is the one in which Kirk watches as the miners play with their new women-toys, dancing and getting jealous of each other. It's really disturbing, and it gets at the essential hollowness of sexual attraction.

welcome to the 1960's

Jennifer Love Hewitt is on some show on NBC right now.... is anybody watching? What is this? Trentman? :lol:

welcome to the 1960's

The late 1960s, at that. It interests me quite a lot.

I watched a couple of episodes of BBC's Planet Earth yesterday on Blue-ray. Man, that's quite something. I suddenly felt sorry for all these people who wanted to commit suicide after watching Avatar because our world doesn't resemble that one. It can't be further from the truth. The show is such a heartwarming experience.

Yeah, I know it sounds very tacky. ;)

Karol - who just started Mad Men: Season 4

When I first started watching it tool me like 6 months to start episode 3. It's not the type of show you have to watch religiously week after week. After The Wire, Lost, Battlestar I find it very refreshing.

Karol

I watched a couple of episodes of BBC's Planet Earth yesterday on Blue-ray. Man, that's quite something. I suddenly felt sorry for all these people who wanted to commit suicide after watching Avatar because our world doesn't resemble that one. It can't be further from the truth. The show is such a heartwarming experience.

What is shown in Avatar really can't compare with what we've got (or had) in our own planet. I've only seen one episode of that series but I wnat to see the rest.

Camelot (it's only a model)

Was rather dubious about this one when hearing about it.Even more dubious in the first 10 minutes of watching it when the story seemed to rush along way too quickly to get to a certain stage but as time went on it actually grew on me. Merlin was made more into a kind of spin doctor for Arthur, in this. I commented to someone that he was almost like Arthur's Alastair Campbell in how he's selling the idea of Arthur to the people through display. It was pretty good. We got the first two episodes in one for the first showing of 2 hours, and I'm pretty sure I'll be watching the rest.

Last series we finished was The Event. I really hope another network decides to pick it up, because while we got a satisfying resolution, I think there was more story to tell.

And will they ever learn that taking a mid-season break is asking for ratings problems?

And my latest throwaway/'a bit bored' viewing has been Man, Woman, Wild. There can at least be some educational value in these shows, no matter how staged/unrealistic people might claim them to be.

And of course The Apprentice is currently in full swing and proving rather amusing. One of very few reality shows we watch.

How I Met Your Mother

I started watching this after much insistence from many friends who said I reminded them of Ted, I gave this sitcom a shot and I must it is quite entertaning

The early seasons are good but it keeps getting worse and worse

Ted is the least interesting character

THE KILLING

Saw the first 12 episodes. I like the mood. There are some melodramatics i would get rid of (the mother/son conflict!) but on the whole it is a very suspenseful story taking its time without the usual rushed Hollywood turns.

The way politic works in America, with all the PR floozies running the show seems rather unreal to a german, so it's very interesting on this side, too. I like the pothead cop very much, nice casting here.

For anyone who has seen this: are there other vaguely similar shows?

Tremé

I think I've found a new favourite. This is the latest series from The Wire creator David Simon. And it very much resembles that show (same solid writing, some familiar directors and actors). But while The Wire was about Baltimore, this show is about post-Katrina New Orleans. It mostly revolves around musicians and the title neighbourhood of Tremé. So far I've watched 3 episodes and I'm hooked.

Karol

Well, once it is, you might want to check it out. It might not have the same impact as The Wire, mostly because it is very much the same thing, altough set in a different location and revolving around a bit different issues. At the very least it's strong.

As you can see there's quite a lot of music in here. Source music mostly, of course.

Karol

A That clip was not taken from Family Guy in its prime

B That clip wasn't even funny

C Family Guy in its prime was indeed great! I looked forward to watching it every week. But almost nothing on TV compares to The Simpsons when it was in its prime. I'm talking seasons 3-9. Masterpieces.

I find Family Guy watchable, I have never for even 30 minutes found the Simpsons watchable. That said South Park is better than either, even when it sucks, which was much of this sub season.