What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

That clip was fucking awful! If you're going to argue that Family Guy beats Simpsons, at least find better evidence. There used to be plenty of hilarious stuff on Family Guy.

The Brian joke was taken out of context, but if you don't think the end was funny, then I don't know what to say. Maybe it's because I'm a video game freak, or maybe I just find it hilarious when animated shows use live action footage, i.e. the kids in South Park playing World At War in computer class. Or better yet, the World Of Warcraft episode.

There are some great moments from Family Guy seasons 1-3. Since it returned after being canceled it hasn't been the same. But the best of the best FG moments don't compare to the best of the best Simpsons moments.

Family Guy had a hiccup for a couple seasons, right before this last one. It's what happens when you try to run 3 television shows at the same time. From the very little that I've seen from this past season, it's as genius as ever.

I just watched the Family Guy episode that had the entire cast of Next Generation. I was expecting more, basically they all acted like children while Stewie took them different places. Denise Crosby had one line before Stewie killed her.

Well, once it is, you might want to check it out. It might not have the same impact as The Wire, mostly because it is very much the same thing, altough set in a different location and revolving around a bit different issues. At the very least it's strong.

At the very least, it's got a 87/100 at Metacritic while Season 2 has a 84/100. But one critic says: "Unlike The Wire, the pacing is lazy."

At the very least, it's got a 87/100 at Metacritic while Season 2 has a 84/100. But one critic says: "Unlike The Wire, the pacing is lazy."

Actually, it is very much the same pace-wise. It's just that in The Wire you have a new take on police show, which guarantees some kind of appeal. Here you get something quite new thematically.

I think I might tackle The Wire after Mad Men. Heard too many good things, need to see it.

You won't regret it. It's as good as storytelling gets. But be patient, it's not the kind of show that tries to dazzle you in a very commercial way, with all twists and turns. It more resembles a novel, where you develop everything gradually and at the rather slow pace. It'll be very rewarding, you'll see.

Karol

Well, he's currently watching Mad Men so he's used to subtlety, no twists and slow pacing. Not that the two series are the same, mind you. Mad Men is more episodic then The Wire.

Mad men isn't that the soap opera that is popular with the critics but has very low ratings.

Yes it is.

Not sure if anyone on here is watching "The Killing", the US version, but the last episode had me a little peeved. I really thought they would wrap this thing up so the second season would be a different crime. They never came right out and said it, but it was definitely implied that the murder would be solved by the end of the first season. The way things are headed, if they don't resolve this thing, they'll lose me as a viewer. I had heard the original Dutch version was pretty good, anyone confirm?

Not sure if anyone on here is watching "The Killing", the US version, but the last episode had me a little peeved. I really thought they would wrap this thing up so the second season would be a different crime. They never came right out and said it, but it was definitely implied that the murder would be solved by the end of the first season. The way things are headed, if they don't resolve this thing, they'll lose me as a viewer. I had heard the original Dutch version was pretty good, anyone confirm?

I'm now at episode 13 and it now leans into an entirely new direction. So far, i'm still intrigued, but they could dispense of some of the melodramatics stretching it.

I got the first episode of the original The Killing for free but I wasn't very interested in a series about a murder investigation.

I got the first episode of the original The Killing for free but I wasn't very interested in a series about a murder investigation.

But it's better than most of its ilk. I dreaded a routine murder case, but so far it's very engaging.

Rewatching ALIAS from the start. Forgot how excellent the first two seasons are, great television. Particularly addictive and exciting watching with someone who hasn't seen it before. Pity about seasons 3 and 4, but at least it ended on a strong note.

Well, once it is, you might want to check it out. It might not have the same impact as The Wire, mostly because it is very much the same thing, altough set in a different location and revolving around a bit different issues. At the very least it's strong.

I really enjoy Treme, and it amazingly captures the feel and spirit of New Orleans incredibly effectively (having been there before). Yes, its not exactly a show with a huge sense of urgency, preferring instead to sometimes meander around.....like a jazz piece...in a good way. I find it to be less a standard tv show, and more of an experience. I can't compare it to The Wire, having not seen that yet (its on my to-do list)

I've been watching a few comedies lately, Community (entertaining, but underwhelming after all the praise it gets from my friends) and BBC's Pulling (absolutely loved it).

Now that TNG is on Netflix Instant, I tried to watch the first episode, but I couldn't get through it. My word, that show tries my patience. I'll try again before too long...maybe I'll watch some DJO videos first...

Breaking Bad Seasons 1, 2, and 3

Doing a rewatch before Season 4 starts. bowdown Damn, is this show good. I had forgotten since it's been so long since 3 ended. There is no point at which the show dips. By the end of the first season of other shows I like such as Lost, Battlestar, or X Files, there was a share of bad episodes to match the good ones. I realize Breaknig Bad's seasons are much shorter, but still, it's been on for long enough, and there's no episodes I dislike. The show is just consistently brilliant. Even when there are plot lines that I find to be less interesting(Jesse getting paranoid on meth and running to his parents' house for example), the shows only lingers on these for 20 minutes. On Lost, they would stay on that for maybe 3-4 episodes. The pacing of the show is just great. There's even the occasional filler episode (the one where Walt and Jesse are stuck in the desert, the one about Jesse and Walt catching the fly), and normally, these would bother me, but these episodes end up being integral to the character's personalities. The aforementioned fly episode is one of my favorite episodes of television, and the things the characters discussed in the episode has lingered with me since its initial airing. The show also has those series of really shocking moments that pop up every couple of episodes("are you going to stick me with that broken piece of plate?", "two men are coming to kill you in one minute", etc.) and I love it.

I am really glad that Aaron Paul won the best supporting actor emmy, which he deserved entirely. Sure, I love me some Terry O'Quinn, but Paul's winning it proves to me that this is not just a show based around Cranston's awe-inspiring performance. And Aaron Paul deserved it entirely I didn't think it was, but I get the feeling that some people perceive it that way.

I really can't recommend this highly enough.

Now that TNG is on Netflix Instant, I tried to watch the first episode, but I couldn't get through it. My word, that show tries my patience. I'll try again before too long...maybe I'll watch some DJO videos first...

The first couple of seasons for TNG are hit and miss but it does get better. "Yesterday's Enterprise" is one of my favorite TNG episodes which is in the 3rd season.

I watched all of Jericho recently. I forgot how good that series was.

I've been watching "The Kennedys". It's not bad, at all. Apparently, it's about some family, or other. Please don't tell me how it ends.

Also, I caught the first 2 episodes of "Shameless US". Now, this is brilliant! Does anyone (apart from me, that is) watch both the English, and American versions? If so, how do you compare them?

I watch this show called "Storage Wars" on A&E

It's people who bid on abandoned storage lockers and find out what's in them afterwards.

I have no idea why I'm watching this

Anybody here watch Pawn Stars? It's a really interesting show, if you can ignore the stupid jokes.

KM I remember seeing a commercial for Storage Wars once, and I thought it looked like it could be fun to watch.

Anybody catch the first Curb Your Enthusiasm episode of the new season? I thought some parts were funny, but I'm not so sure about Larry David being so racist...his faults have always been endearing, like exagerrated traits that most humans have. But this time I think they went a little too far. I wasn't offended by it or anything, but he's a character that I want to like and agree with.

Going through The Cape: Complete Series bit by bit. It's not a bad show, even though the pilot lifts heavily from Batman Begins. Very impressed by Bear McCreary's scores, it's obvious he loved Shirley Walker's work on Batman: The Animated Series as well as Williams' Superman score. Very catchy theme.

Now we have to find another series to (hopefully) fall in love with. As of now it's a toss-up between Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire and Castle.

Castle is too much of a murder-of-the-week show for me to really love it. The chemistry between the two leads makes it stand just above being merely "nice viewing."

Boardwalk Empire is cool, but something of a slow burner.

Haven't seen Sons of Anarchy, but I've heard nothing but good things.

Now we have to find another series to (hopefully) fall in love with. As of now it's a toss-up between Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire and Castle.

Castle is too much of a murder-of-the-week show for me to really love it. The chemistry between the two leads makes it stand just above being merely "nice viewing."

Hmm, that sounds Moonlightingesque. Cheers, Marc.

Did the new version of Two and a half Men start already?

network shows don't start until the fall.

The show wasn't racist, but LD as a character was.

Hardly, he's just blunt like he's always been.

I forgot about Boardwalk Empire. I only watched the pilot and really liked it.

Anybody here watch Pawn Stars? It's a really interesting show, if you can ignore the stupid jokes.

KM I remember seeing a commercial for Storage Wars once, and I thought it looked like it could be fun to watch.

I find American Pickers a lot more interesting, at least they go out and look for things.