What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

The show starts out with the famous Lara Palmer mystery that Lynch originally didnt plan on ever solving. It became such a phenomenon however that what season 2 rolled around the network rather forced him to.

Do you know David Lynch never intended this murder plot to be resolved? It was network that forced him to do it.

Oh no, Cremers disease is affecting you too!

Is Cremeritis curable?

Karol

Twin Peaks seems to have concensus amoung JWFaners. The last handful of folks that reviewed it, myself included, all had the exact same reaction to the series almost beat for beat.

X-Files Remastered HD (16:9, including earlier seasons) is quietly added to Netflix!

I was in the middle of season 8, now I gotta go back and start again!

That's great news! Marcy and I were about to start watching the show (She's never seen it) and being able to watch the whole thing in HD is a huge plus!

BTW, your link is about the new season, not an HD remaster of the old episodes - wrong link?

When I watched the entire show a couple of months back I didn't really miss the fact that it wasn't HD. The SD quality added to its televised look. But I'm not sure which season they started airing in 16:9 because the DVD's had that aspect ratio and it was a bit of a shame that this netflix stream still used the old 4:3 ratio. Good to see that rectified.

They started filming in 16:9 in Season 5, even though it will still airing in 4:3 just about everywhere - they were trying to be future proof.

16:9 version on the left, 4:3 version on the right

x-files.jpg?w=640&h=221

https://willmckinley.wordpress.com/2015/03/25/how-the-x-files-revival-impacts-the-original-and-where-to-watch-it/

So in other words for the new HD versions of the episodes, for seasons 5-9 you're getting the full frame that they shot, nothing added or lost at all.

For Seasons 1 -4, I guess they remove the top and bottom and/or stretch the picture to fill the 16:9 frame for the new versions?

http://observationdeck.io9.com/x-files-remastered-in-hd-but-only-for-the-germans-1594416977

BTW, your link is about the new season, not an HD remaster of the old episodes - wrong link?

Indeed it was! Linky. Right now it's just the first 13 episodes, but this should expand, hopefully very soon.

Can 35mm film have 16:9 frames or does it need to be cropped to that aspect ratio?

For the first couple of seasons they'll need to crop a bit from the top/bottom and expand the sides. For seasons 3 and 4 I believe they just need to open the sides.

Saw the first two episodes of Netflix's Daredevil. To me it feels a little too much like a CBS show so I won't continue to watch. Fights are good (though ultimately too soft) but the interrogations and the way characters talk to each other bore the devil out of me. I'm sorry ...

Alex

It looks like more typical Marvel, but with a lower budget, and in TV form.

But the world needs less Marvel!

It looks like more typical Marvel, but with a lower budget, and in TV form.

But the world needs less Marvel!

It's NCIS or Bones with super powers. Ordinary national TV.

KK Superhero shows are today's western.

In the 50's about 8 out of 10 prime time shows in the US were westerns. Its what people crave.

Simple, easy to digest viewing where you can always tell who is right and who is wrong.

Nothing wrong with that. And Superheroes are more interesting then cowboys