What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Daredevil is common (I watched the first 2 episodes). I can't yet comment on Ray Donovan because I opted to see Fargo first.

Everything save about 3 or 4 shows currently in production

Oh? Which are those?

Better Call Saul, Fargo, True Detective, GOT

And what about Hannibal or Orange Is The New Black?

The Walking Dead may not be the top of the top but it's still better than anything CBS produces.

House Of Cards?

Supergirl is aimed at teenage girls I see, that's fair enough. It's redundant and a bit sad for a middle-aged man to slag it off for not being to his taste, I mean... get a friggin' life! Anyway I watched the trailer and for the most part it looks appropriate for my daughter, which is great because while I was watching I was thinking Isabelle will LOVE this! She already adores Chris Reeve's Superman and I'm actually looking forward to playing this trailer to her later!

The ones that Jason loves???

I could be mistaken but I think Jason also loved The Sopranos.

I think Jason knows the difference between The Mentalist and The Wire. You disagree, Steef?

I had no idea this was more children oriented. I wonder if Alex didn't pick that up....

Watch the trailer, it's got 13 year old girl target audience written all over it.

(won't stop Drax from loving it, obviously ;))

What about the neo-western series Justified? I mean, it scores as high as Better Call Slippin' Jimmy.

screenhunter_02-mar-06-07-20_zpsqm6m0mib

And with its six seasons already, it proves that the western is still alive and kicking.

I might check it out if it's on Netflix.

How is RAY DONOVAN and DAREDEVIL? The high ratings intrigue me...

I know you like British shows. Did you watch Peaky Blinders?

peaky-blinders-cast_zpsnxj5pwsr.jpg

BBC's answer to the stellar Boardwalk Empire?

Prince Alexandre

That pic looks very BBC. Lee will know what I mean.

Instagramed lighting to cover up state funded TV origins.

Justified is good of what I've seen of it, the ex used to watch it. Ray Donovan the same.

I try it. Lately i haven't had luck with more recent offerings, neither BETTER CALL SAUL nor HOUSE OF CARDS S3, or for that matter LUCK, PENNY DREADFUL (and several similar gothic stuff) and several Amazon series really convinced me to stay on.

I really enjoyed HBO's Luck but somehow I'm not sad that it got cancelled after only one season.

Better Call Saul wasn't as captivating as I had hoped for but I thought it really had some terrific moments here and there. I'm definitely ready for S2.

Only watched the first episode of House Of Cards (the Spacey version) but I wasn't in the mood for a political show. Maybe I'll continue some other time.

Fargo is really entertaining and fun.

The Americans ... still not sure ... I'm kinda tired of spies. Also, the female lead, she feels like an CBS chick to me. You know, the Bonesy type ... The male lead is a lot less CBS. He's pretty good, actually.

keri-russell-300_zpsbygo14l4.jpg

CBS chick

rhys_americans1_zpsxvd6ei5u.jpg

Non-CBS guy

Alex - very much enjoying Fargo at the moment (these days, not this very moment, of course)

Glad you're enjoying it Alex. It's good stuff! How far are you in?

Boy, a lot of shows mentioned in and around my name, lets see

The Sopranos - Watched every episode, its a great show over all. Though the writing dropped off towards the end.

Boardwalk Empire - Extremely good for 4 seasons, then season 5 was a total joke

Peaky Blinders - Never seen it

Fargo - we haven't seen it yet, but I very much want to. Looks great!

Ray Donovan - We haven't seen it yet, maybe we'll get to it eventually, seems interesting. Heard it drops off after the first season, though.

Daredevil - Haven't watched it yet, but I will

Orange Is The New Black - It's more of a comedy show than a serious one. Great cast of characters, its very entertaining. Nothing deep.

House of Cards - Great acting, and for 2 seasons the writing was right up there too. Season 3 was a big drop off and I doubt Season 4 will recover.

Better Call Saul - Was impressed by how good this was. Absolutely loved it.

Hannibal - Amazing television. Bryan Fuller is a genius

Game of Thrones - I love it, its a very enjoyable 10 hours per year.

The Americans - We tried to watch this show! Got about 3 episodes in then it jus wasn't quite there enough for us, and other shows took precedecnce, and we never returned to it. Maybe some day.

American Horror Story - We watched the pilot - I liked it and wanted to continue, Marcy did not. So, that's that... for now.

The Walking Dead - I watched the entire first season as a marathon with a group of friends one night. I liked the show and would have continued watching, but Marcy hates zombies... so that's that.

Justified - Never seen it.

12 Monkey - Never seen it. Is it actually good?

Bones - never watched it. Case of the week procedural show I don't care for.

Mentalist - never watched it. Case of the week procedural show I don't care for.

The Wire - We started it, its good, I want to continue!

Glad you're enjoying it Alex. It's good stuff! How far are you in?

I've watched 4 episodes so far. The last episode (Lester finds a way to escape from the big deaf-mute fellow and that bearded guy) was really good. The TV show captures the atmosphere of the Coen's movie really well, even though it's a different story altogether.

It's good, sometimes very good though the last episode feels a bit meh. HANNIBAL turned me major-off. Some parts of AMERICAN HORROR STORY are captivating..if you are into this sort of thing. I also tried SUITS - terribly smug, and not in a good way - and 12 MONKEYS - the usual shadow conspiracies of higher forces that let get writers away with the most insipid plot contrivances.

FORTITUDE is good but mostly due to the eerie North pole quality of the setting. There are gratuitous yuck-bloodbaths i don't need to see but i'm in episode 8 so there must be something about it.

Boardwalk Empire - Extremely good for 4 seasons, then season 5 was a total joke

Strange, Jason, S5 of Boardwalk Empire is generally very well received. I still have to watch it but I'm waiting for the price of the Blu-ray to drop. It's like more than 40 Euros right now. I loved S4, which is probably the series best season to me.

Alex

I'll be in vacation next week, so you'll have a break on my playlist thread. :P

I will begin "Better Call Saul" in the plane.

The Sopranos - Stoped it after few episodes. His consultations with his psy killed me. Boring.
Boardwalk Empire - I'm on the last season.... trying to finish it, but I fall asleep each time I try.
House of Cards - I love it.
Hannibal - Forced myself to saw it till the end (first season). Too fucked up for me. I quit.
Game of Thrones - Who's that character??? Is he the son of the cousin of the daughter of... I'm totally lost. My husband, who read the novels, helps me with the family tree for each episode. Anyway, this series is totally disjointed. Geeez, all we want to see is the Mother of dragons!!!
American Horror Story - Now, that's my kind of show. Didn't see the last season yet, but want to.
The Walking Dead - Great moments of action, but also great moments of ZZZzzz (You know, when there's nothing else than the crickets signing in the background)... Didn't watch the last season yet, but want to.

Hannibal is definitely not for the weak-hearted.

I'm an horror movie lover. This series is simply boring... with all these visions...

In a movie or a TV series: Visions, flashbacks, memory loss = BORING.

The non CBS actor is something worse. An ABC actor.

Hannibal is too tame and yes boring. But I like the star very much.

Visions?

vision

noun vi·sion \ˈvi-zhən\

: the ability to see : sight or eyesight

: something that you imagine : a picture that you see in your mind

: something that you see or dream especially as part of a religious or supernatural experience

Yeah, but he doesn't strike me as one. In fact, he's Welsh. :P

He was a on a ABC soap for 5 years welsh or not. He was so fey.

Visions?

Will Graham arrives at a crime scene and can perceive how the crime happened, its a really cool effect. Also, he has vivid dreams involving a stag that eventually get explained.

Yeah, but you are missing the point.

Yeah, but you are missing the point.

What point? that he was acting? He does have an interesting look.