What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Never got a chance to really watch it as a kid, and now, thanks to Netflix, I can watch it re-watch it again.

Dinosaurs_intertitle.jpg

Without a doubt one of THE most ambitious sitcoms ever produced (and certainly one of the most expensive per-minute of production).

Was that show Dollhouse any good. I like the way Faith is looking at me on the cover at the shop.

Yes, its a FANTASTIC show! Unfortunately it gets off to a REALLY slow start - it frankly takes until episode SIX to become the show it ultimately is. So if you can slog through those initial 5 episodes, you're in for a real treat!

When making season 2 they basically knew it would be their last, so the storyline moves at a quicker pace, just getting awesomer and awesomer.

NOTE: DO NOT WATCH the "unaired pilot" that is on one of hte dvd/blu rays until after you've seen the first season. They reworked things a lot after filming that, and watching it would ruin things that don't end up getting revealed until later in the show.

What exactly is Dollhouse?

The show is set in a world where a corporation is able to imprint personalities into "dolls" (people who have volunteered to be in the project) with different personalities that they send out for various tasks (usually sex, I guess). Elisa Dushku is one of the dolls, who begins to "remember" in between imprints.

is part of the Whedon-verse?

The show is not connected to any of his other works at all, apart from reusing a lot of actors.

Maybe Whedon will get a second chance now that his name is synonymous with gold. Of course, the Serenity crew is a bit older now ...

I could only last 6 episodes.

Too much sarcasm?

What exactly is Dollhouse?

another show from the overrated Joss Whedon.

Touchy with the sci-fi references much?

You can't deny the common denominators between the two and Dollhouse.

The Flash had a true cliffhanger episode.

Community S06 E11 - Modern Espionage

The return of the paintball episode. But they actually do it right this time! Good stuff.

After blitzing the first few episodes (possibly the entire first season) of Community I found it to suddenly drop-off quality wise and we're yet to return to it. That was some weeks ago. The laugh ratio totally nose-dived, sadly.

Finished Fargo. 8/10

Is Fargo the first time ever where the sound of sleigh bells is used as a chime to announce the enemy AKA the devilish Lorne Malvo?

post-528-0-57068400-1432122925.gif

Sort of, yes. But I wouldn't place it in The Big Top Five ever.

Billy Bob is quite unforgettable. In fact, he hasn't played anything as unforgettable in a film since ages.

Yes. I wasn't sure if Alex would approve, but it seems so.

It isn't the best television show out there, but if it ain't darn good TV, I don't know what is. The casting is ace, the tone is perfect and the music is great. Not sure what they'll do with season 2 though.

I don't get anyone saying BBT is a good actor. He's so stilted.

He's the same in person.

I don't know about all that. A Simple Plan, Sling Blade, One False Move, The Man Who Wasn't There....great roles, great performances, shows range.

Finished Fargo. 8/10

Is Fargo the first time ever where the sound of sleigh bells is used as a chime to announce the enemy AKA the devilish Lorne Malvo?

I haven't seen such a bad wig since Godzilla and Superman 2. Or any Chuck Norris sighting.

Why are you implying they did it wrong once?

Season 4 paintball just didn't work. Season 1 and 2 were great!

Indeed, but when it's good, it's some of the best comedy out there!

Yup! Season 2 is the most consistent of the lot, and has the best laughs. Season 3 has the most heart.