What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Ah, found it! I was looking for this thread.

I just watched the entire "Arrested Development" series. One of the best shows out there, shame no one was watching it, but I'm glad to hear that there might be another small season and a movie.

Tim

I've gone through Discs 1 and 2 of Season 4 of Mad Men. I didn't like the first two or three episodes, but it's rolled along nicely and I'm really liking it at this point. Hopefully it keeps up through to the finale.

I remembered most of "Christmas Comes But Once A Year." It was the first episode I saw of the show, about a year ago.

"The Chrysanthemum And The Sword" is my favorite episode so far, followed by "The Suitcase." I'm starting to like Don a bit more, because his way with women is less of a problem due to him being single, but he's still an ass for dating that one girl on the side. Peggy's character is probably the most interesting on the show, and is the one who has gone through the most change throughout the series.

That reminds me... I need to finish the second season of Treme. But then again all my series return in Spring and til then there's nothing much to watch. That's why I rationed Mad Men 4 and Treme in small portions.

Karol

I understand but I also noticed that it weakens the experience. It's more intense when intervals between episodes are kept to an absolute minimum.

I think it kind of works for Mad Men, which is very episodic. But with things like Treme it's a bit worse. After all it's more like a novel and episodes are like chapters in that novel. And you have to pay attention. But then you watched The Wire so you know what I mean.

Karol

I like the dynamic between the two. It's very real for some reason.

EDIT: And yeah, Peggy is a fantastic character. But we already agreed on that before.

Karol

No, season 5 will air next year. It's just that Alex prefers to watch them on Blu-ray (not that I disagree). And apparently they ordered the episodes for another 4-5 years or so.

Karol

I've gone through Discs 1 and 2 of Season 4 of Mad Men. I didn't like the first two or three episodes, but it's rolled along nicely and I'm really liking it at this point. Hopefully it keeps up through to the finale.

I remembered most of "Christmas Comes But Once A Year." It was the first episode I saw of the show, about a year ago.

"The Chrysanthemum And The Sword" is my favorite episode so far, followed by "The Suitcase." I'm starting to like Don a bit more, because his way with women is less of a problem due to him being single, but he's still an ass for dating that one girl on the side. Peggy's character is probably the most interesting on the show, and is the one who has gone through the most change throughout the series.

What? The Walking Dead is only 6 eppies?! No wonder the blu-ray was cheap! That being said, it's not a bad show but it's not really what I was hoping for. I was more hoping for a tone a la The Mist but it plays like Lost without the mysteries. Easy to watch but the rewards are virtually nil.

Alex

I have to say I wasn't really hoping for very much with TWD so I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be as entertaining as it was. The first two episodes definitely dominate my memory of it, though.

Finally got around to starting Mad Men after a failed attempt some time ago. I've seen a few random episodes over the years but never with any consistency. I'd forgotten how gorgeous a production it is. A question: are the episode scores available? It's really high-end stuff and there was a cracking good cue in episode one which I want to get hold of if possible.

She's well stacked in it, a little too much if you ask me, but it's the first season so she's yet to tone up. She hot as hell, but not as downright naughty as she was in Firefly.

Of course. It's a zombie TV show Alex, what were you expecting?

Go back to you Mad Men.

Like I said, I was hoping for something more like The Mist. I guess I didn't overstate my words enough for the average Spielberg to understand. ;)

Again. The mist is not really something that works on TV. (which despite what some people say is still an idiot box).

High quality shows like Mad Men, the Soprano's, Carnivale may get all the awards, but its still the CSI's, NCIS's and the Dancing With The Stars that get the big ratings.

I have to say I wasn't really hoping for very much with TWD so I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be as entertaining as it was. The first two episodes definitely dominate my memory of it, though.

Finally got around to starting Mad Men after a failed attempt some time ago. I've seen a few random episodes over the years but never with any consistency. I'd forgotten how gorgeous a production it is. A question: are the episode scores available? It's really high-end stuff and there was a cracking good cue in episode one which I want to get hold of if possible.

Finally someone who shares my loves for the composer of Mad Men! There's not a lot of original music, but when there is, it's bleeding gorgious and soooo in tune with the scene.

High quality shows like Mad Men, the Soprano's, Carnivale may get all the awards, but its still the CSI's, NCIS's and the Dancing With The Stars that get the big ratings.

And Lost. If there wasn't an audience out there for these shows (The Sopranos, The Wire or Mad Men), they would've stopped after one season.

Yes, shows like Rome and Carnivale stopped quite early but they were too ambitious (production wise).

Really, Did't Lost lose become boring? Like 24

As for there being an audience, for this type of show. Of course there is, but it's a small one.

2.92 milliosn watched the season 3 premiere of Mad Men according to Wiki.

The season premiere of Two and a Half Men had almost 29 million viewers.

shows like Rome and Carnivale stopped quite early but they were too ambitious (production wise).

God help the makers of Game of Thrones!

If the standard of that production stays at the level and quality it is now then it'll make tv history in terms of budget and ambition.

The season premiere of Two and a Half Men had almost 29 million viewers.

I wonder how many are watching The Walking Dead.

Really, Did't Lost lose become boring? Like 24

It sure did!

God help the makers of Game of Thrones!

Never heard of that show. What is it?

If the standard of that production stays at the level and quality it is now then it'll make tv history in terms of budget and ambition.

Budget has little to do with it.

I Claudius was recorded on video, with sets made of cardboard. But it somehow exceeds that low quality exterior.

I read somewhere (maybe on IMDB) that that show has 3 times as many viewers then Mad Men, but they still axed The Walking Dead's budget to facilitate Mad Men.

See, Steef, AMC are treasuring their very own Mad Men!

No really, I'm so glad they are making these type of shows for the viewer who no longer feels at home in the theater or is satisfied with shows like The Mentalist, CSI, NCIS, Lie To Me, Bones, et cetera.

Sadly, these days HBO has started to sail the commercial route with series like True Blood. I'm sure their ratings have never been better.

Budget has little to do with it.

I Claudius was recorded on video, with sets made of cardboard. But it somehow exceeds that low quality exterior.

I think you misunderstand my meaning: GoT is likely to set new precedents with its relatively massive budgets per season.

Sadly, these days HBO has started to sail the commercial route with series like True Blood. I'm sure their ratings have never been better.

HBO make Game of Thrones and it's far and away the best telly I've seen since The Sopranos.

Edit: I'm AMAZED it's gone by unnoticed by you! Maybe it's not reached your shores yet, but still. No it's not vampires. People hate this comparison but it's true: think The Tudors meets LotR.

It's fucking incredible.

Isn't that just LOTR without trolls?

It would be if in LotR Boromir slaughtered Frodo for the Ring instead of chatting to him about nobility and faffing about in the leaves.

Holy sh!t! Now I'm really interested! Wait! Is it that series about the fourties? Mob? Chicago? Gangsters? I've heard something about that.

Bingo! Joe Pesci is the main character.

It would be if in LotR Boromir slaughtered Frodo for the Ring instead of chatting to him about nobility and faffing about in the leaves.

Except GoT "Boromir" does chat about nobility and thinks Winter is coming. And would never stab anyone in the back before notifying them a week in advance.

Plus if LotR was like GoT there would be gratuitous troll sex in the middle of a deep dialogue scene. Sexposition man!

Except GoT "Boromir" does chat about nobility and thinks Winter is coming. And would never stab anyone in the back before notifying them a week in advance.

Yeah, and what a surprise he got!