Jay

What is the last Television series you watched?

Image result for avenue 5

Avenue 5 (Season 1)

Despite it's terrible first episode and second episode, we stuck with it and the show did slowwwwwwwwly get better.  The pacing was at least pretty fast the entire time, so if any particular scene isn't working it's never long until you're onto the next one.  The show kind of mixes this pretty big, goofy ideas that could only work in a setting like this (like the ring of shit that ends up surrounding the ship or all the dead bodies) and just sort of general workplace comedy.  And that kind of sums up the season as a whole: Very unfocused, like the show spent the entire season finding it's footing and deciding what it is.  Hopefully season 2 is a BIG improvement.

Halfway through the penultimate season of The Office, the one which the fan consensus seems to agree was where the whole thing nosedived. But we are still loving it. Michael is long gone but this is still just so eminently watchable and often hilarious. Michael Scott WAS Dunder Mifflin, but the the rest of this wonderful and sprawling cast altogether assuredly very much still make up The Office. I'm going to be absolutely gutted once it's finished.

Out of interest, are there any US members here who don't actually like this show? Just curious.

The good place, final episode. Well, as I once said to John Williams when I was teaching him to write film music, I’m glad it’s over. It really lasted too long. I can’t exactly say when it should have ended for me, but a turning point was Michael suddenly becoming a good guy. The Janets quickly started to irritate me too and Shawn had been great if they hadn’t overused him. I was kind of hoping for a final twist at the very end that the whole thing was the ultimate test and that everyone could finally go to the good place, but it was not to be. Time for another series.

I finally started watching Star Trek Discovery.  I'm not going to subscribe to CBS all access for it.  I watched the first 5 episodes last night.  It's a binge-watch type show for sure but I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Plus, I know all of the major season 1 spoilers already.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:15 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

The original is so much better!

I've seen it twice and I'm sure a third time will follow. My son didn't like it though, not the UK or the US edition. Then again, he likes Friends, so that explains it all. ;)

Binged War of the Worlds. Its a European construct. Still have 2 episodes to go but it is dismal and bleak. I wish I could tell the writer how stupid he is. Really Aliens in doggie automatons filled with alien flesh similar to bacon

Rick and Morty.  It's... weird.  I'm not sure why it's so polarizing...  It's not bad; it's not ground-breaking or great.  It's just an above-average Adult Swim-style show that has mostly stupid humor but fairly clever storytelling.  I have to say I'm looking forward to the future of the show, though.  Being guaranteed 70 additional episodes could give them a lot of flexibility that other (probably more deserving) shows never got.  Now if only Brockmire got that long a rope.

So I've been watching The Walking Dead lately and finished Season 1 and just started Season 2. Now, big question, does a real story/plot ever emerge on this show or is it just survival stuff? Because if it's the latter, I'm going to lose my patience really quick.

Yes, it is pretty universally agreed that the show gets worse and worse as the years go on.  Also it's been renewed through season 12 so you have a long road ahead if you want to slog through it all