What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

This is a concert tour film.

I'm talking about a normal narrative film of course.

some of us got what you meant.

Tried to watch Parade's End, a prestigious miniseries with that guy from Sherlock and Star Trek but I gave up during the second episode. Somehow I just don't find it very involving. I decided to start with Homeland S2 instead.

Parades-End-010_zpse79a2562.jpg

Alex

My girlfriend is watching that, as a huge Benedict fan. I think she hasn't picked it up since episode 2 or 3, which she saw nearly a month ago now

It's a BBC/HBO/VRT production.

VRT stands for Flemish Radio & Television. Music is by Dirk Brossé, a Flemish composer.

Is it British? I struggle with a lot of home grown stuff.

That's because you hate your own homeland! Your own culture and traditions.

It's more because we make shit programmes with bargain bucket special effects.

Sherlock is British and treated as gold by the average JWfan.

Of course, my favorite British series is I, Claudius. Seen it twice. It's stagy but the writing and acting are what makes it one of the best TV productions of all time.

sian-phillips_01_446_zps6fcfb2ed.jpg

Alex

Dude, have you not seen the state of Doctor Who?

What Doctor Who?

Some episodes are actually quite well done for what it is. Others aren't. In that sense, it's very, extremely uneven, although less so nowadays. The last episode they released looked cool and atmospheric. I don't think it's ever had this kind of budget, even if there are constraints. These days they record scores for it with an orchestra and chorus, in 2005 they didn't have budget for a strings section.

I am quite glad they got rid of the weird cinematography that it had between 2005 and 2009, even though it worked well in some episodes (it added creepyness to The Empty Child, for example).

The most curious part are the episodes where the limitations are clearly forcing the imagination of the writers to the limit and beyond. Some of these have good results.

Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, and David Tennant are my favorites in the role

is Matt Smith the new guy, I'm ready for the doctor to regenerate.

I was, but Moffat destroyed his own story arch from Let's Kill Hitler onwards. Rory was nice to have around. River was a mixed bag, depending on the episode, the episodes with older River are cool but younger River feels very forced.

And Clara is more of a plot device than a character. Except when written by Neil Cross.

Dude, have you not seen the state of Doctor Who?

What Doctor Who?

Some episodes are actually quite well done for what it is. Others aren't. In that sense, it's very, extremely uneven, although less so nowadays. The last episode they released looked cool and atmospheric. I don't think it's ever had this kind of budget, even if there are constraints. These days they record scores for it with an orchestra and chorus, in 2005 they didn't have budget for a strings section.

I am quite glad they got rid of the weird cinematography that it had between 2005 and 2009, even though it worked well in some episodes (it added creepyness to The Empty Child, for example).

The most curious part are the episodes where the limitations are clearly forcing the imagination of the writers to the limit and beyond. Some of these have good results.

Actually, the end titles were re-recorded for "The Christmas Invasion", complete with a string section, in...2005.

Doctor Who, Seasons 5 and 6: I think I am seriously addicted to this show now. Despite all the sci-fi/fantasy tropes and plot lines the show manages to create a compelling episode after another. Plus it is fun to spot the who-is-who of British acting talent visiting the series. :)

Of course, my favorite British series is I, Claudius. Seen it twice. It's stagy but the writing and acting are what makes it one of the best TV productions of all time.

Alex

"Don't go in there. Don't...go...in there!"

The finest thing that the Beeb has ever done...with one exception...

Alex

Alex, and his soap operas!!!

LOL, Alex, it's a soap opera, it's describe on the internet as the ultimate soap opera, it's basic structure and makeup defines it as a soap opera. Therefore it is a soap opera.

once again the smartest person in the room chimes in, and is wrong as usual.

The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations".[9] Fitting in with these characteristics, most soap operas follow the lives of a group of characters who live or work in a particular place, or focus on a large extended family. The storylines follow the day-to-day activities and personal relationships of these characters.

Since Jason wants to use Wiki, so will I.

This definition from Wiki regarding Soaps describes Mad Men, and I Claudius perfectly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_opera

http://janebovary.hubpages.com/hub/I-Claudius

Political intrigue,assassination, espionage, ruthless ambition, love, war, murder, sex, religion, incest, rape, madness...the thirteen episode 1976 BBC miniseries , I Claudius, based on the epic books by Robert Graves, has it all. This is the soap opera to end all soap operas

why are you so afraid of the label soap opera?

That describes almost every TV show. Every TV show follows a group of people (Lost, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, NCIS, Homeland...). I, Claudius certainly didn't follow the 'group' on a daily base. During the 10 episodes we see about 50 years of history passing by. Comparing Mad Men or I, Claudius to soap series as Neighbours or Home And Away tells me how little you understand.

Here's a huge list of soap series made all over the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_soap_operas

Gee, I, Claudius isn't on it ...

Stick to kids shows, Joey, for indeed, no kid would understand I, Claudius or Mad Men but they do watch the same shows that you like. I wonder why ...

Alex, I watched the original years ago with Patrick Stewart, typically Alex doesn't know what the fk he's talking about.

it's a soap opera Alex, get over it . it's your forte.

Alex, I watched the original years ago with Patrick Stewart, typically Alex doesn't know what the fk he's talking about.

it's a soap opera Alex, get over it . it's your forte.

What were you doing watching it with Patrick Stewart? Was he at your house? Cool!

Dan Harman is back for Community Season 5!

RT @dpeanutbutter: @danharmon GIVE US A STRAIGHT ANSWER! ~ Yes yes yes! I'm back I'm back I'm back. You can thank @joelmchale.

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/340859201922412544