What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Your memory fails you. Sopranos seasons were 13 episodes each, until the final one (which was split into 12 episodes one year, and 9 the next)

Your memory fails you. Sopranos seasons were 13 episodes each, until the final one (which was split into 12 episodes one year, and 9 the next)

My bad, I must have been thinking of Twin Peaks then. Explains my sweet spot though.

My bad, I must have been thinking of Twin Peaks then. Explains my sweet spot though.

Twin Peaks only had 2 seasons, and the first was 8 episode, the second was 22.

Really network TV shows have always been 22-26 episodes a season since the 80s or so (some got up to 30-35 before then), but all the quality cable shows that started in the late 90s are 12 or 13 episodes, with the occasion 10 or 6.

I have found that more happens in a 13 episode cable show season than a 22 episode network TV show season. I think because the networks demand a lot of resetting and exposition, not to mention storylines that wrap up within the episode, while the cable networks assume the viewer can keep up with everything going on better.

I have found that more happens in a 13 episode cable show season than a 22 episode network TV show season. I think because the networks demand a lot of resetting and exposition, not to mention storylines that wrap up within the episode, while the cable networks assume the viewer can keep up with everything going on better.

I remember House really running out of steam after 5 seasons or so. Everything started to look like i've seen it before. And still they kept it going for another 4 years???

Same with The X-Files. Mulder wasn't even in it full time anynmore, yet it went on???

what's your point, oh wait I can't understand it because in my reality main character cannot die or leave shows or films, or so I was told that's what I believe.

I did enjoy X-files even after Muldar left, it wasn't as good but Robert Patrick had some really terrific stuff to do at times, and Annabell Gish was easy on the eyes and never offensive as a character.

I would welcome another film.

24 episodes per season? Wow, that's a serious 'bad'.

It's years since I watched the Sopranos and back then I used to do it in serious marathons so losing track of episode and season numbers was easily done.

Maybe a day comes when Homo Sapiens and Homo Trekkie will happily coexist.

But it is not this day yet.

(Hopefully, they will soon find a cure for Stefan. Poor thing.)

Karol

Wait? A compliment? No cynical put down about Trekkies?

I am impressed, Alex... And a bit startled.

Yes, I dig the fact that you are proud of being a Trekkie and, if I may say so, you look good in that photograph ... almost radiating. It's clear, being a Trekkie does wonders for you, Steef.

Alex - always behaving nicely

I shall stop then and mention nothing about Trekkie/Trekkie marriage and child adoptions.

And... I do enjoy the old series and some TNG episodes (I've seen only single episodes of both). Not familiar with anything else.

Karol

Yes, I dig the fact that you are proud of being a Trekkie and, if I may say so, you look good in that photograph ... almost radiating. It's clear, being a Trekkie does wonders for you, Steef.

Alex - always behaving nicely

I saw John Williams in concert and did a convention a few days apart. Of course I'm glowing! Lol

funny we're loving it. but ep. 4 is clearly the best. I'm sure the dome's origin is something different than the book.

currently watching Nat. Geo's Bismark.

The story of the Bismark and Ballard's search for her under the Atlantic. The ship's destruction of the Hood was lucky. The Bismark's pathetic anti aircraft guns couldn't shoot down the Royal Navy's antiquated slow bi planes. The RN was able to disable the Bismark so she could only go in a circle. The inept damage control of the Bismark failed to repair her. She was pounded by the RN, and eventually the Germans scuttled her. Underwater evidence shows the Prince of Wales 14 in shells just bounced off the Bismark's armor and the torpedoes never penetrated. The Bismark was well built, poorly manned but was not the super-ship many believed.

From the PR of the new soundtrack release of Mad Men:

In June 2013 the Writer's Guild Of America voted on their greatest TV shows of all time. In amongst the legendary shows in the top 10 that include The Sopranos, Seinfeld, The Twilight Zone and MASH nestles a series just six years old. Mad Men, based around the trials and tribulations of a New York ad agency in the 60s stands as a colossus of contemporary television with two BAFTAS, three Golden Globes and fifteen Emmys to its name.

Wow I never knew about this list and that Mad Men was on it.

I guess they meant best written TV Shows. Here's the full list of 101. Some of Cremers favorites are on here.

That's a really useful list actually, hard to argue with the choices. I've even seen a LOT of what's on there already. Nice to see Cheers and Frasier score so high, too.

funny we're loving it. but ep. 4 is clearly the best.

I'm hoping it saves it, because you've got to admit the writing and direction is absolutely awful up until that point at least. I also think the music doesn't help, which is easily some of the worst, most distracting tv scoring work I've ever heard. Dean Norris must realise he's in a turkey this time compared to what he's been used to the last few years.

currently watching Nat. Geo's Bismark.

The story of the Bismark and Ballard's search for her under the Atlantic. The ship's destruction of the Hood was lucky. The Bismark's pathetic anti aircraft guns couldn't shoot down the Royal Navy's antiquated slow bi planes. The RN was able to disable the Bismark so she could only go in a circle. The inept damage control of the Bismark failed to repair her. She was pounded by the RN, and eventually the Germans scuttled her. Underwater evidence shows the Prince of Wales 14 in shells just bounced off the Bismark's armor and the torpedoes never penetrated. The Bismark was well built, poorly manned but was not the super-ship many believed.

Aye, that monumental face off is a fascinating story and again instrumental, as these things are.

Under The Dome 1x05 Blue On Blue

Meh. Started out finally being interesting for a change - the monarch butterflies covering a dome wall was cool - and then quickly dwindled in to the same melodrama the show has been doing every week since the pilot. Jim finds a girl trapped in his bomb shelter and doesn't free her IMMEDIATELY? She finally gets her cuffs cut and doesn't run outside IMMEDIATELY? She walks into a room and finds Junior calmly sitting there with a gun and she doesnt' turn around and run back out???? A cop doesn't know military time? They radio station is still broadcasting after a week despite their being no power in the entire town? People are still driving gas-powered cars despite the fact the pollution has nowhere to go? The military decides to bomb the dome in secret rather than warn the people inside? Blah!

Maybe this show is better than the other hour-longs on network television (I don't watch any), but it's a far cry from all the good, well-written hour-longs on the cable channels these days.

Oh one more thing - there was a ton of scenes last night that showed there was a breeze in the dome (people's hair blowing in the breeze). THIS MAKES NO SENSE!