What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

That's a really useful list actually, hard to argue with the choices. I've even seen a LOT of what's on there already. Nice to see Cheers and Frasier score so high, too.

funny we're loving it. but ep. 4 is clearly the best.

I'm hoping it saves it, because you've got to admit the writing and direction is absolutely awful up until that point at least. I also think the music doesn't help, which is easily some of the worst, most distracting tv scoring work I've ever heard. Dean Norris must realise he's in a turkey this time compared to what he's been used to the last few years.

currently watching Nat. Geo's Bismark.

The story of the Bismark and Ballard's search for her under the Atlantic. The ship's destruction of the Hood was lucky. The Bismark's pathetic anti aircraft guns couldn't shoot down the Royal Navy's antiquated slow bi planes. The RN was able to disable the Bismark so she could only go in a circle. The inept damage control of the Bismark failed to repair her. She was pounded by the RN, and eventually the Germans scuttled her. Underwater evidence shows the Prince of Wales 14 in shells just bounced off the Bismark's armor and the torpedoes never penetrated. The Bismark was well built, poorly manned but was not the super-ship many believed.

Aye, that monumental face off is a fascinating story and again instrumental, as these things are.

Bismark would have been easy pickings for the US's Iowa. Against the Brits or Americans, the Nazis were outclass navy wise.

Jason you think the girl should turn and run??? Well she's a lot smarter than you in that situation clearly. But hey if you want to be shot in the back that's your business.

The weather in the dome will be explained in later episodes no doubt.

Why would there be wind in the dome????

Why would their be enough gasoline to power the generator running an FM RADIO TOWER a week later! Why are people still driving their gas guzzling cars a week later! Ah!

Are you serious? JFC really. If you're stuck in a small community and you drive just a few miles a day a full tank can last weeks.

again resources are about to be addressed per the previews, or spoilers as the anal attentives believe.

I think overall I want more sci-fi in this SCI-FI SHOW. The pilot was a nice blend of science fiction and character introduction. Since then it's just been all melodrama. The butterflies this week made me think they were finally bringing back in some sci-fi, but nope, it was just a tease.

Absolutely feel like this entire story should have been told in 6 episodes, its soooooooooo stretched out to fit 13.

The Atlantic theater of war was fascinating yet frustrating, how long the U-Boats dominated shipping until the US deemed it a large enough threat to take action. I know the battleship fights were removed from the sub fights, but I find all naval battles interesting. There are a lot of what ifs in that war. What if the USA enters sooner. What if Japan waits until Churchill surrenders. So on.

The Atlantic theater of war was fascinating yet frustrating, how long the U-Boats dominated shipping until the US deemed it a large enough threat to take action. I know the battleship fights were removed from the sub fights, but I find all naval battles interesting. There are a lot of what ifs in that war. What if the USA enters sooner. What if Japan waits until Churchill surrenders. So on.

what if Hitler declares war on Japan for it's attack on the states....talk about a monkey wrench.

I've been watching a ton of Nat Geo, Nova, Disc on Netflix, I've noticed they also have shows from the Military Channel, need to watch those too.

I don't think Germany would have declared war on Japan for that, though Hitler did find it fashionable to make peace with a country and later invade anyways. Poland, USSR. Japan would be a stretch. You'd think Hitler would have been more clear: keep the US out of the war until I get clear Atlantic access.

I don't think Japan would be invited to the Axis Power Christmas party of 1941 after that.

It is surprising Netflix doesn't have a more international presence. I guess it lies within the studios who own the movies and shows and their licensing agreements for each country, more than in Netflix itself though

I noticed that last night when I browsed the movies offered through Fios. Most are between five and fifteen dollars per movie, which is on top of the expensive monthly bill. But if you can wait a while longer, Netflix might get it for a more reasonable monthly subscription. Otherwise get to a Redbox. My point is, it looks like the studios are making more money going a la carte instead of with Netflix. So foreign Netflix expansion might be restricted.

Í guess we have a few local companies who offer a similar service, but none offer a suitability large enough package that warrants taking out a subscription.

Apple TV used to be my place to go to for renting movies, but lately a lot of their catalogue has been 'for sale' only.

I wish they had Wings on netfilx, perhaps its on Hulu.

One thing that pisses me off is that Netflix has most episodes of Quatum Leap, but the series finale is only available on Hulu.

There is one Doctor Who episode not on Netflix. Oklahoma, it was one of the specials, Planet of the Dead, which is only notable because it sets up the knocking prophecy. But still, why?

Dame, auto correct thought I wanted the state. Oklahoma... Um. Ok.

Í guess we have a few local companies who offer a similar service, but none offer a suitability large enough package that warrants taking out a subscription.

Apple TV used to be my place to go to for renting movies, but lately a lot of their catalogue has been 'for sale' only.

movie4k.to not good enough for you, ey?

FOX has cancelled popular animated comedy American Dad. The show is set to come to an end may 2014 on FOX. However, unlike The Cleveland Show & Futurama, this animated comedy has been picked up by another network! TBS will be showing all new episodes from fall 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=310998125704466&set=a.245522672252012.1073741828.245500958920850&type=1

American Dad passed it's peak years ago

Saw the pilot of Cleveland Show and thought it was so horrible I have never watched it again

Still haven't watched any of the post-resurrection Futuramas, but the original 72 are great.

I saw several Cleveland shows, it was ehhh. I have never watched a single episode of any Matt G. show.

I hope they bring Cleveland back to Quahog.

The Hour S1 and The Hour S2. It's over and I'm not grieving. I never got used to the cast. It's considered to be quality television from the BBC but I was never truly convinced by what I saw... but it was watchable. 6/10

the-hour-bbc-4_zpsccb88e9f.jpg

Alex

Got some friends together yesterday and did a Sherlock marathon, watching all six episodes in a row. It was great fun and youcan really see them upping their game in season two. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us for season three.

Just started with Dr. Who series 7.

2 episodes in and it's seems to have the same issues series 6 has. Very frantic, haphazard writing and pacing. Doesnt even stop long enough to explain the plot.

It still feels like I'm watching a 60 minute episode cut down to 45 minutes. Special effects, the way it's films and the acting are top notch though.

Got some friends together yesterday and did a Sherlock marathon, watching all six episodes in a row. It was great fun and youcan really see them upping their game in season two. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us for season three.

it's really ridiculous to even use the term season in this case.

To be fair they are feature length episodes.

Many British TV series have short seasons often consisting of a few feature length episodes (90 minutes is the usual length).

CBS has renewed Under The Dome for a second season of 13 episodes to air next summer, the first of which will be written by Stephen King

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/tca-cbs-renews-under-the-dome-for-summer-2014-1200569182/

Starz has also renewed their new pirate show Black Sails for a second season, even though Season 1 doesn't premiere until January

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/tca-starz-renews-michael-bays-black-sails-six-months-before-series-premiere-1200568619/

Many?

I know a few. Like Morse for instance. But a series consisting of 6 to 12 eps seems usually to be more normal for the Beeb.

6 episodes is also few in by book Stefan. :)

Something like Poirot and Foyle's War have had 2 episodes/season with both episodes being 1½ hour long. But they work on entirely different format than most series as they present individual stories rather than continual narrative. Same applies in part to the new Sherlock although there is more continuity.

I have been watching The Wire Season 3. Still succeeds in keeping me hooked. I like how the seasons take you from part of the city to another and shed light on whole Baltimore in a way even though the same cast of characters remains. It keeps things fresh while adding new dimension and view on things. The acting is just fantastic all around and the same goes for the story.

CBS has renewed Under The Dome for a second season of 13 episodes to air next summer, the first of which will be written Stephen King

So the original published story isn't resolved by the end then?

CBS has renewed Under The Dome for a second season of 13 episodes to air next summer, the first of which will be written Stephen King

So the original published story isn't resolved by the end then?

oh it was resolved. most assuredly. Clearly the tv series is going in a much different direction.

All but a handful of Chester Mill's residents perish when an explosion uses up all the oxygen just the dome is brought down

I watched episode 6 last night. Gah why does the music have to be so unbelievably shit in this? It REALLY ruins it's chances. I'm completely serious when I say it's hands down the worst scoring job I've ever heard. It's a shame about that and the cookie cutter writing, because it'd be a perfectly respectable show otherwise.

And don't even get me started on the offensively bad Windows Surface tablet product placement. Oh my gawd.

Such a frustrating show.

Under The Dome 1x06 The Endless Thirst

Meh. Another reset button episode. The show is so A-B-C. A huge dilemma faces the town (a house fire, meningitis, incoming missile, lack of water, etc), a solution is found, everything resets by the end. Angie continues to be the most annoying character on TV. The remotely interesting and sci-fi elements of the show (seizures) advances at a snail's pace. And don't get me started on the fact that there was a ton of BREEZE in the dome again, and then following by freaking RAIN. Unless the dome is 20,000 feet high this MAKES NO SENSE!!

The only thing I disagree with you there is the Angie character, whom I think is played well by the girl in the role. It's her constant kidnap dilemmas which bug, but I find the performance itself pretty good. All the stuff about the rain etc doesn't bother me either.

The show is lowest common denominator stuff, yet there's something annoyingly moreish about it. Could be the cheese factor.

There is PLENTY of non serialized tv I watch and enjoy. South Park, Curb, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, The Office, 2 Broke Girls, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Whose Line Is It Anyway, The Soup, etc. But I guess those all comedies, and when it comes to dramas the serialized ones are just frankly better. The only network dramas I've really watched in the past decade all lean that way - Lost, Alias, Alcatraz, The Inside, Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies, Terra Nova, etc. Maybe House is the closest I've come to a non serialized dhow, and even that I haven't been compelled to watch the last season yet.

Give me Six Feet Under, BSG, Dexter, Carnivale, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones any day.

Nah what it is right Steef is you've just been conditioned to accept shit by all the shit you've watched. I watch barely any tv productions at all in reality but the one's I do watch I expect a lot from.

I can only assume there's a good reason I have no idea what airs on Neverlands home soil.

Anyway sorry for my being choosy.

If a show is good, it's good. Serialized or not!

Yeah did someone say otherwise or something?

I barely watch Dutch TV and certainly not any of our TV shows. it's really mostly shite.

I also don't watch any of the popular Network stuff like NCIS, CSI, and those Vampire shows.

So I was just wondering where your low opinion of my viewing pleasure came from?