What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Stefan, take it in stride, these gurlz are bitching about a show that so far they've watched week after week. If it's so awful and terrible they have the opportunity to not watch.

We might give up on Under The Dome soon, or let them pile up and being a rainy day marathon type show when we are feeling lazy or feeling like working on projects with something on in the background. It's basically dropped off the "must watch as close as possible to when it airs" list. So that leaves only Dexter as this summer's must see viewing. Bring on the fall!

I'm not denying it Joey! Under the Dome is one of those awful but inexplicably watchable shows. It's cheese is mature and therefore extremely moreish.

I'll definitely see it through to completion now, at least as far as season 1 goes.

I dunno, maybe in season 2 they'll cut out the schlock, fire the composer and get better writers, but I ain't holding my breath!

Lee I admit I'm puzzled how to see the show go to a second season. The book ended with a bang and there was no implied sequel.

They will probably divert from the book.

The longevity of American TV shows is mostly dictated by ratings. Not by quality or even it's own internal logic.

they've already diverted from the book, the character Angie is alive. In the book she's a rotting corpse having love made to it.

And you have added it to your memory database in a flash!

Well, that's me sorted: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/alan-partridge-alpha-papa-review

Some of the reviews are even calling it the funniest movie of the year!

Lee - shocked and delighted that a big screen transition of a hugely beloved tv character actually doesn't suck for a change.

And you have added it to your memory database in a flash!

Well, that's me sorted: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/alan-partridge-alpha-papa-review

Some of the reviews are even calling it the funniest movie of the year!

Lee - shocked and delighted that a big screen transition of a hugely beloved tv character actually doesn't suck for a change.

Once something gets in Stefan's head that he doesn't like it tortures him. Eggplant.

its Shark Week, and Jaws has been center front. Jaws made this possible.

I'm getting into Phineas and Ferb reruns on Disney XD. Actually not a bad animated show... there's some puns and gags adults can appreciate.

I could do without the song in the middle of each episode though.

Started on Season 1 of Sherlock.

Watched the two first episodes and started on the 3rd one but it was late so only got 30 minutes into it.

Cumberbatch was excellent but I felt as though Freeman's performance as Watson wasn't too far removed from Bilbo Baggins. I imagine we'll finish up season 1 next weekend.

I'm looking forward to Season 2 as it contains an updated take on my favorite Holmes case / book, The Hound Of The Baskervilles.

Watching Breaking Bad's big final return tonight was also interesting in that it represents Dean Norris' absolute AWESOMENESS in how he can coolly shrug off the also-ran silliness that is Under the Dome (where he's still pretty good) but in a heartbeat rivet you to your seat as the relentless law-man/unstoppable machine in Breaking Bad.

One performance reaps the critical plaudits, the other pays for the condo. And why not.

Just finished up Forest of the Dead. I've been going through the show pretty fast. Off the top of my head: David Tennant is simply brilliant; Still kind of miss good ol' Billie Piper, but I'm really enjoying Catherine Tate as Donna Noble.

Oh and the Steven Moffat episodes are excellent.

I thought she was good, in the one story I saw her in, but probably because I was most intrigued by what her character will bring in the future.

On another note, the music has really come a long way since the first season. There is some great material here!

what's not to love about David Tennant?

Nothing! He's bloody brilliant!!

He was clearly at his best in the 4th season. Too bad I'll have to say bye to him in a few episodes :(

Haven't got to the specials yet, but I just finished the season's finale. Donna Noble might just be my favourite companion, she was certainly the most versatile.

Billie Tyler was disappointing in the finale.

Yes.

It's everything but the kitchen sink!

Like a big reunion special, let's have everyone, Captain Jack, his Torchwood gang, Sarah Jane and the kid, Martha! Hey...let's bring Rose back, and her mum and Mickey the idiot...and millions of Daleks....and let's hide the Earth!

It's preposterous! And yet when it come to Donna's story, it's completely heartbreaking

I agree Rose was a disappointment. Billy Piper said she had trouble getting into character, and she is portrayed as some kinda action hero (not even flinching when stuff explodes next to her).

My fav shot is in Turn Left, when Rose emerges from a blurred camera angle and you already recognize that trademark outfit before she comes into focus.

I find that RTD's stories, especially for the finales are often too over-the-top but succeed on the emotional level. The season 2 finale was a bit much too, but is a favourite because of its heartbreaking ending. Season 3's finale was good in the first part, but kind of a mess in the second part. I was mainly disappointed by how the Master turned out to be rather underwhelming and how I never really cared for Martha's acting.

The season 4 finale has a great first part (Turn Left). Catherine Tate really brings out her A-game there. But Journey's End, as you said, was a bit of a mess. Too many cameos, with some shoddy acting from the guys who've been absent from the show for quite a while. I was most excited for Rose Tyler's return, but ultimately, it lacked the sentimental flavour I was looking for. Since when did she become Ripley? :P

But Donna nailed it again with her departure. When the season started, I had my doubts. But over its duration, Catherine Tate proved how she could step up to David Tennant with the perfect balance of humour, wit and emotions.

My fav shot is in Turn Left, when Rose emerges from a blurred camera angle and you already recognize that trademark outfit before she comes into focus.

Oh yeah, I loved that. Turn Left was just great!

Of the season 3 finale. Utopia is good because of all the Derek Jacobi stuff. (the whole end of the Universe stuff can be disregarded)

Sound Of Drums is fantastic, scary, epic, emotional.

The Last Of The Timelords is a step down. Having The Doctor as Dobby The House elf throughout most of it doesn't help. And for once I wasn't affected by the emotional climax.

Of the RTD companions Rose is the most special. Donna comes second. I liked Martha well enough in season 3, but not in 4.

Love Captain Jack naturally ;)

Of the season 3 finale. Utopia is good because of all the Derek Jacobi stuff. (the whole end of the Universe stuff can be disregarded)

Sound Of Drums is fantastic, scary, epic, emotional.

The Last Of The Timelords is a step down. Having The Doctor as Dobby The House elf throughout most of it doesn't help. And for once I wasn't affected by the emotional climax.

Agreed on all points. I think the main problem with the emotional climax is that I never really bought Martha as an exceptional companion. I mean she was good, but I didn't care for her, so when her departure came, it wasn't all that effective. And she wasn't too good in season 4 either.

Of the RTD companions Rose is the most special. Donna comes second. I liked Martha well enough in season 3, but not in 4.

I agree. I just thought Donna was the most well-rounded companion of the 3. Very entertaining to watch Catherine Tate and David Tennant play off each other.

Love Captain Jack naturally ;)

I loved the Face of Boe reveal! :P