A lot of my LP's are second hand or very very old.

For some season Star Wars has a lot less noise despite it being a well worn album than The Phantom Menace, which i played for the first time ever and had lots of pops and crackles 

It's hip, to be square.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:52 PM, Stefancos said:

A lot of my LP's are second hand or very very old.

For some season Star Wars has a lot less noise despite it being a well worn album than The Phantom Menace, which i played for the first time ever and had lots of pops and crackles 

The original vinyl pressing of STAR WARS is quite heavy. I wouldn't say that was 180gm heavy, but it wasn't far off.

10 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Maybe, but, like I said: it was a heavy pressing.

I should weigh them.

The Skyfall vinyl set i received yesterday is 180 grams a piece. They're pleasingly weighty.

When the kids are older and I've decluttered the house of their shrapnel I might invest in a record player myself, try and get back into a bit of physical media collecting again. Relive my single and irresponsible days.

Either that or buy a classic car with a soft top, like a right dickhead.

28 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Why'd you do that, Lee, they are good films (unless you replaced them with Blu Rays)?

I'm quite ruthless about clearing out material possessions, so it made sense to me at the time to let the DVDs go (they'd been well used) with the aim to upgrading to the blu-rays, which I eventually did. I only own the theatrical cuts though, and I'm dissatisfied with the image quality (and the colour grading), so I'm hoping the upcoming 4K releases will see the theatricals included and with the vague hope that the colour tones will be corrected.

And only the EE. I would never throw out these beautiful EE DVD boxes in favour of that ugly bluray case though, I'd switch the discs!