First LOTR:TTT CD Review Online

Ricard

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hm... i may consider buying it now, i wasnt planning to before... fotr isn't bad, but it isnt exactly something i like to listen to... not like harry potter, for instance...

Stefancos- who read the review and is now salivating.

Me too.

Marian - who know Stefan will drown in saliva when he learns that the first DS9 seasion DVD set will have a Nerys featurette.

:) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

From what I've heard of the score, it's as good as (if not better) than The Fellowship Of The Ring.

Oh, so it'll actually be good?

Seriously.....is that really saying much? I guess if you love FOTR, it is. If you found it simply an alright movie, then I guess it ain't anything to get too excited aboot.

Sometimes opinions can change. I wasn't a big fan of the Matrix or its score when I first saw it. Same with Lord of the Rings. I watched the special edition a few days ago though and I liked it much better the second time. The score works incredibly with the visuals in Lord of the Rings. I only wish the makers of Star Wars cared enough to give the score equal treatment as the LOTR special edition. I didn't hear a single edit anywhere in the movie. So basically, what I'm trying to say is that I too was once not a fan of the movie/score but that changed.

FOTR is still a 4 out of 5 stars score. Indeed it is a good score. As the movie is a very good movie. Just not as good as some say, IMHO.

Correct!

I also think that it is not Oscar worthy Score

So did you see the FSM's slam at Trek with their "track titles" for the Nemesis score?

Cues include "Set Your Phasers to Bland," "Lore Outs Data," "I'm a Doctor, Not a Transsexual," "The Wedding of Tasha and Wesley," "Picard Inherits Kirk's Toupee," and "Klingon Theme For the Last Damn Time"

Yeesh!

there is another review over at www.soundtrack.net that analyzes each track providing a thirty second soundclip of each one. the score sounds VERY good. i was highly impressed with what i heard. this is coming from someone who thought that the score to FOTR was simply good. well, this appears to be a major improvement.

Ted

Oh, I can't wait, I caaan't waiiiiiit... my precioussssss....

Those soundclips sadly don't show as much as they could, were they intelligently selected... in several track descriptions I read about parts of tracks that I was so eager to get a peek at, only to discover that the chosen sound clip consisted of a section of strings work (nothing wrong with the string work, though... but I want to hear the climax of track 1!!!).

However, 6 tracks ("The Riders of Rohan", "Evenstar", "The White Rider", "The Hornburg", "Forth Eorlingas!", "Isengard Unleashed") already found their way to the net in complete form (from ClassicFM's broadcast), and those are gorgeous!

Have I mentioned that I can't wait for this CD?

My precioussss.....

-Chrisssss

I'm not impressed in any way. :roll: I agree with Merkel.

Here you have the running time of the film: 2 hours, 59 minutes and 10 seconds.

It's not as long as I thought (it was supposed to be MUCH longer than the first one, but if you considerate 9 minutes that much....... :) )

• 1 month later...