Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country

ChrisAfonso

I didn't really know where to put this, do we have a thread for these things?

Anyway, I just finished a piano transcription of the Star Trek 6 Suite (requested by Marian), here it is:

Sibelius Scorch

Sheet Music (PDF)

Demo Recording (mp3)

Parts of it are a bit on the heavy side, I don't think I can really play it myself... Thanks to my will to transcribe things as accurately as possible (while still playable by 2.5 hands ;))... Enjoy!

-Chris

(Constructive Criticism welcome ;))

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome arrangement! Got any more like this?

I don't know... what do you mean by "like this"? I've done a few other arrangements, though no other Trek piece.

Don't have a version for Finale, do you?

Sorry, I don't... what do you need it for? I guess the only way to get a Finale version would be to make a MIDI, unless there's another way to convert Sibelius files that I don't know... (afaik it only works the other way around)

Awesome arrangement! Got any more like this?

I don't know... what do you mean by "like this"? I've done a few other arrangements, though no other Trek piece.

Don't have a version for Finale, do you?

Sorry, I don't... what do you need it for? I guess the only way to get a Finale version would be to make a MIDI, unless there's another way to convert Sibelius files that I don't know... (afaik it only works the other way around)

That's ok. Personally, I hate Finale. Have you tried playing it yourself?

Personally, I hate Finale.

I'm gonna get us all into a big argument, I'm sure, but I much prefer Finale over Sibelius. Its output looks more professional to me (when handled correctly) and I find its workflow a lot easier to get used to, though I certainly get annoyed about a number of things about it.

Anyway, I don't have access to a piano and a computer at the same time, and I don't currently have a working printer, and I don't like learning from sheet music anyway....BUT, I think some of this definitely doesn't look playable by one person, ChrisAfonso. But it does sound quite good. :P

I kind of like to think about it as stretching what is playable by one person :P However, some professional piano reductions (esp. late romantic operas) are vastly less playable, i believe *g* So at least I'm in good company there ;)

Anyway, if you'd try it sometime that would be great! Perhaps even record it?... ;) I really enjoyes your piano transcriptions on youtube, especially Journey to the Island, and you really play well there, so perhaps you could "proofplay" it ;)