Lucas not making a total CGI suckfest?

Henry B

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good cast. I thought he was going to direct this, but maybe this is one that he wants to see more than he wants to make, like Raiders. Sounds like a winner. I wonder who will score...

I thought he was going to direct this, but maybe this is one that he wants to see more than he wants to make, like Raiders.

I wish he wanted to see the prequel trilogy more than he wanted to make it.

From what I've seen of the script it looks like the story and the characters are just excuses to have dogfights.

And why not? He filmed the starfighter dogfights in Star Wars based on old WWII films of airplane dogfights. George Lucas as a filmmaker is just coming home to his roots.

Besides, no stunt men or actors ever died in a CGI dogfight. Real dogfights? Different story.

Oh I wasn't objecting to it's use at all.

I saw Rescue Dawn last week and that had a pretty good cgi fighter plane sequence in it. Cgi is an excellent tool for most film makers. Just not George Lucas, who abuses it like no other.

Not to beat a dead horse, but fair enough, he certainly did not need to touch the OT, and in the prequels he could have used some restraint, and there are certainly some things that were used simply because they could do them, instead of asking themselves whether they should do them. But I doubt we'd be complaining so much if it actually the prequels actually had a decent story and some proper characterisation.

Personally, along with the music, I think the visuals of the prequels are by far the best things about them. If you turn the sound off and throw some music on, they're frequently gorgeous to look at. Whether this film will be the same - or good - remains to be seen. Hopefully it won't be another PEARL HARBOUR.

Definitely a very good cast. I'm glad he's finally getting to this movie. He's been talking about it since the making of Revenge Of The Sith.

The man can either make more Star Wars stuff, or something completely different. After 30-some years of riding the Star Wars gravy train to death, it's time for something completely different.

He'll still keep one foot set firmly on that gravy train though.

I think the visuals of the prequels are by far the best things about them.

It's all a bit vulgar to me. Bad taste on a grandiose scale.

The man can either make more Star Wars stuff, or something completely different. After 30-some years of riding the Star Wars gravy train to death, it's time for something completely different.

monty-python-announce.jpg

"And now for something completely different."

Lucas has been talking about making this movie since the late 80's/early 90's like it was his life's ambition. I guess he needed some extra dough in the bank account before moving forward?

I have a feeling that Williams is at least being considered for the score. I understand him not being considered for Lucas video game and animation projects, but with this I think those involved would agree it makes sense.

Well, that's what you get when I'm working my way through this.

I might just have to get that puppy. It's like "the final, final, final ripoff too."

My only gripe about that set is that it only includes the first disc of Holy Grail, Life of Brian and The Meaning of Life, leaving out a whole bunch of extras. I also happen to have a copy of the two-disc Holy Grail set and the extra features on that one are almost as funny as the film itself.

Anyway...

It's strange seeing Lucas' name attached to something that isn't Star Wars related. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing necessarily, but he certainly has some talent behind it.

Am I the only one that's lost the ability to care what Lucas is doing next? And I (mostly, generally) liked the prequels!

If it looks like a quality WWII film, then I'm on board.

He'll still keep one foot set firmly on that gravy train though.
I think the visuals of the prequels are by far the best things about them.

It's all a bit vulgar to me. Bad taste on a grandiose scale.

Exactly. Watching those movies is like going to bed at 4 in the morning, then getting waked at 6, and the first thing you see is someone twinkling their fingers about one inch away from your bloodshot eyeballs. I've experienced both, and they're about the same.

Am I the only one that's lost the ability to care what Lucas is doing next? And I (mostly, generally) liked the prequels!

If it looks like a quality WWII film, then I'm on board.

If the battles are CGI, I don't care.

What bugs me is if the everyday life outside the battles is filmed on a stage with green/blue screens with little or no real settings.

Lucas will be very hands on with this

The only reason he isn't directing is because he doesn't like dealing with actors