New Intrada's 4/28/09

Trent B

From the Intrada forum, there are apparently going to be two, and the first is from the 70s, an LP re-issue, and the film/composer are as big as they get.

I'll remain hopeful on the second one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they pan out to be true...another release I can skip.

I wonder how many times you've said that hehe.

I always assume I'll be skipping them. Partly because they rarely release anything later than the 80s, and also so that when something that I'm interested in does eventually appear out of nowhere, I'll be that little bit more surprised and ecstatic.

To date, I've bought 3 limited editions, and only one of them was a 'known' buy from the 80s (HiStK). The other two (Batman MotP and Nightwing) were blind buys that I liked the samples enough to buy.

So if a clue is ever "one is a dramatic score from the 90s", that's when I start getting excited :P Although to be fair, there's at least one 80s score that I'm still hoping for - Ghostbusters II.

If they pan out to be true...another release I can skip.

I wonder how many times you've said that hehe.

I've lost count. :P

With me, it's more of an assumption that I'll be skipping them, until something unexpected comes along. To date, I've bought 3 limited editions, and only one of them was a 'known' buy from the 80s (HiStK). The other two (Batman MotP and Nightwing) were blind buys that I liked the samples enough to buy.

I will only buy it if I generally remember the film and the score. However, as I've said too this year I'm being pretty picky on the limited editions on what I want to buy. If it's something that will only get one or two listens then I won't buy it.

Do they reissue scores that are still in print? I don't think so. There's a nice remastered version of Backdraft out there with an interview with Hans. He talks about how much he sucks and how John Williams and Alan Silvestri are great.

Then you hear Carl Weathers say, "As long as you're willing to admit that..."

I am liking all these disney scores intrada is releasing. The Rocketeer can't be far behind!!

I'll probably pick up SWTWC. And I've never even seen the movie or heard the score

I've just looked at Intrada's Special Collection catalogue as HISTK is SC94, SWTWC is SC95 and One Little Indian is SC97. There's one missing (SC96) and I bet it's The Journey of Natty Gann - making a Horner/Disney trilogy. I'll also bet it will be coming up within the next month. I'm loving these massive Disney releases; I guess I'm a collector of Disney soundtracks, but mostly they contain good music. If they managed to release SWTWC and HISTK, then Natty Gann is undoubtedly on the way.

I'll probably pick up SWTWC. And I've never even seen the movie or heard the score

It's Horner at his best, actually. Ordered.

The Rocketeer can't be far behind!!

I hope so, but is the original still in print? That is my favorite Horner score ever.

I loooooooove The Rocketeer, and an expanded release would be welcome. I've heard dvd rips of the unreleased music, and its good stuff

And another album prepared by the composer "with maximum listening experience in mind..." Please go back to your roots, Intrada.

I KNOWWWW these disney horner scores should be complete and chronological!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If The Rocketeer gets an expanded treatment I'll most likely pick that score up.

Also isn't Dick Tracey a Disney movie? Perhaps we'll see an expanded version of that score from Intrada.

And another album prepared by the composer "with maximum listening experience in mind..."

Blech.

I don't think there was that much music in the film to begin with.

If The Rocketeer gets an expanded treatment I'll most likely pick that score up.

Also isn't Dick Tracey a Disney movie? Perhaps we'll see an expanded version of that score from Intrada.

If those two were to come, it would probably be another few years down the line.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Horner's Journey Of Natty Gann sometime in the coming months.

I honestly have mixed feelings about getting this one, SWTWC. I never heard of it before all the Intrada pre-release buzz started hyping and hoping [for] it. It'd be another Intrada impulse buy that I wouldn't listen to for a long time. Though it'd be nice to buddy up the Star Trek purchase, if I still feel like buying it.

If you are referring to the Warren Beatty film, then yes, it is technically a Disney film, but I do not remember much unreleased music, if any at all...in fact, the album probably contains more music than what is heard in the film...I am not sure, though.

Go for it Rich, I did! (Of course you know I'm a Horner sympathiser) With the way people have been harping on about this one, I expect it to sell out. People might even take HISTK as they checkout with SWTWC. Intrada are certainly doing a great service for score fans everywhere.

The film isn't that good from what I remember.

Not that you'd care, but it was well-reviewed by both Roger Ebert and Janet Maslin. Then again, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace was also enthusiastically reviewed by Ebert and Maslin, and we know how that turned out.

Is there any *ahem* method for listening to the music from this film, or am I going to have to blind-buy for a third time?

:P

If you are able to make sense the of the successive words google, rapidshare and isolated dvd score you might be on to something. :P

It's scandalous! They're scheming to release irrelevant Horner scores instead of the important Goldsmith titles!!

Sit down, Marian. Any "unreleased" Horner score is welcome.

Foul Play! OK guys and girls, can I be the first to admit to always having had a soft spot for that Barry Manilow - yes, BARRY MANILOW - main title song?

Watch

a couple of times and try extricating that song from your head within the next couple of weeks. It cannot be done!

Omen II, I read this post right at the point where Ghostbusters popped up on my playlist. The Ray Parker version, not the Bernstein. I'm pretty sure the song will be extricated in five minutes!

I'm thinking the same, but...has anyone heard Alex North's 2001 score? It's almost gone, and while some of it sounds really good ("Bones," especially), I've spent a fair bit already, and with the floodgates opening I want to spend wisely.

You better hurry because I believe it's down to less than 50.

Although if you do miss it, Varese did a re-recording conducted by Jerry Goldsmith that's still available.

It's gone. Oh, well. I was interested, but it's not a major priority for me. I don't have any North, but right now the one I have my eyes on to start with is Shoes of the Fisherman. The samples sound excellent.

If SWTWC gets really low I may go after it, but I've already got Airplane! to think about, and this year's not looking any more inexpensive. Throw a complete Rocketeer at me, though...I'll bite.

I may have gotten the last copy of 2001- I ordered it last night along with some of their more recent releases. I highly recommend that you pick up the Goldsmith re-recording. One of the biggest "what if's" in movie history.

Back in 1990 (or early '91) I had the chance to talk to Ray Bradbury and he said he loved Horner's music for SWTWC and was quite insistent about Horner's need to write an opera. I wonder if he still feels that way...