Angela's Ashes

Morlock

I rented the movie, exclusivly for the beautiful JW score.

A few questons:

I don't think I could take listening to the music with the narration. Does it seriously damage the CD?

I'm listening to the commentary. Do either Parker or McCourt get to JW's score? Parker mentions it at the start, but not since. I'm about halfway through his commentary.

Does anyone have a link to a review of the CD?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this book very much, one of my favorite from recent years. So I fell in love with teh Sony version with narration. I do hope Mr. Williams takes the time to record the suite with narration he conducted a couple of years ago in Boston.

I'm also amazed at how many different insturments he uses for the main theme- piano, chello...

Not to mention the cello soli :(

Sorry, I'm getting a little defensive about my instrument. Actually, I used to put an 'h' in there even after I started to play it, so I can't get too mad. ;)

And thank you Andres or whoever put in the capability for the emoticon buttons to inset at the curser position rather than the end; a much desired feature. :)

The European release of this score, as well as the Academy promo, have no narration.

yeah,i had to import the Decca release from the U.K.There is a lot more narration on the Sony release than 30 seconds,usually at the wrong place,and to me it is TOTALLY unacceptabe.

Guitar!! Yeah there was a brief moment in the film where the theme was played by solo guitar - didn't make it onto the CD though, Forget when in the movie maybe in the last third????

That might be but it isn't in the main theme.... There's a whole orchestra playing in the main theme, sans trumpets and trombones, but no guitar.