• Minority Report (2002)
    • Catch Me If You Can (2002)
    • The Terminal (2004)
    • War of The Worlds (2005)
    • Memoirs Of A Geisha (2005)
    • Munich (2005)

Star Wars 2 and 3, Harry Potter 1-3, and Indiana Jones 4 are excluded

I predict Geisha will win, but my vote probably goes to The Terminal

As always, you are voting on the ENTIRE score, not just whatever portions have been officially released.

70s Poll

80's Poll

90's Poll

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriot, followed closely by Catch Me if You Can and The Terminal.

As with Schindler's List in the other thread, A.I. has never really been all that appealing to me.

A.I. is my favorite score of the 2000s, including all the blockbuster and franchise scores.

Yeah. Like Williams' other greatest scores (in my opinion), it can be best appreciated through a complete and chronological listening sequence. Every note counts. As with Schindler's List, I think the "best of" style album sequence drags this score down (along with that Josh Groban/Lara Fabian foolishness). Completing the score with the two-disc Academy Award promo is essential. *

* Of course, you can only do this if you are a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and received a copy of this promo for the 2002 Oscars. Any information regarding the complete score to A.I. is based purely on the score as heard on the film. I do not know what, if any, complete score material the Academy promo may or may not contain.

1) Patriot

2) A.I.

3) Geisha

4) Terminal

5) WotW

CMIYC never did it for me, it's one of my least fav JW albums, although I do like one or two cues.

Catch Me If You Can breaks away pretty easily from the rest of pack. A.I. is a distant second, despite featuring some of the most gorgeous melodies Williams has ever written. The love theme from The Patriot is also one of Williams's strongest themes from the decade, especially as performed by Mark O'Connor, but it's not enough to rescue the rest of the score.

Why is The Patriot so appreciated all of a sudden? :P

I have always liked it. It's even in my top 10 JW OST albums.

It's textbook middle of the road Williams: not great but not bad. The thematic structure is very good, and The Parish Church Aflame is one of my all time favorite tragic cues.

Actually I am more suprised A.I. is the absolute winner. I can remember easily all those critics around who burnt the score down back then.

Actually I am more suprised A.I. is the absolute winner. I can remember easily all those critics around who burnt the score down back then.

Most of the original criticism was directed at the film, I think the score was well received at the time.

I voted for A.I., simply because at this time I am really into Philip Glass music. and A.I. has a lot of glass influence (or some atleast!)

all the others are equally fantastic and simply genius.. except The Patriot which is the worst of this list (except the Main Theme Concert Version)

Concert version?!? What's this?

I meant the main theme - track no 1. that one is quiet good, but I consider this to be an arranged version of the different themes and motives of the film not dramatic underscore. so yes - Concert Version

Catch Me If You Can never really worked for me. I don't know why. Maybe it reminds me too much of JW's suspense motifs like the raptor motif (I believe it's called like that) in Jurassic Park, which feels out of place in a comedy like CMIYC.

Catch Me If You Can never really worked for me. I don't know why. Maybe it reminds me too much of JW's suspense motifs like the raptor motif (I believe it's called like that) in Jurassic Park, which feels out of place in a comedy like CMIYC.

ROTFLMAO Which theme in CMIFC reminds you of the raptor motif?

<_< Which theme in CMIFC reminds you of the raptor motif?

The motiv in the main theme, the one played on marimba. Maybe I refer to the wrong motiv when I say raptor motiv. I mean the motiv heard in second half of Incident at Isla Nublar and High Wire Stunts.

A.I. - Artificial Intelligence definitely for me. I consider it to be one of his best score period.

Wow. People really love major key themes.

Do you seriously believe that's all there is to A.I.?

No, but I would bet most people are voting for the lullaby theme. I love all the dissonant stuff, but most people don't seem to enjoy that crazy underscore as much as a straightforward major key melody. I would rank AI very high, but I actually voted for WOTW.

As did I (the whole album, anyways). I always start fidgeting during "The Mecha World" because I am just anticipating "Abandoned in the Woods" so much. Really, the only Track that I do not like is "Cybertronics". It starts out pretty nice, but the moment the...unconventional music starts, I press the Fast Forward button.