Will you go to the cinema to see Transformers 2?

Quintus

A lot of haters here I know, but who here will actually avoid this movie? I'm pretty indifferent to the franchise, but I'll go see it regardless since I didn't mind and even enjoyed the first one for what it is: Big and brainless fun, a genre which is often my preferred tipple.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

Transformers was my first and last Michael Bay film I'll ever see in a theatre. Spielberg's name was the only reason I ventured to see the first one.

Transformers was about as much a Spielberg movie as The Others was a Tom Cruise movie.

At least Back to the Future and Gremlins could've quite easily passed themselves off as Spielberg movies. In fact I think most people probably think he did direct them. I did, until I got into movies proper.

The first hour of Transformers felt like a Spielberg produced film, minus some of the action sequences and music.

Transformers was about as much a Spielberg movie as The Others was a Tom Cruise movie.

At least Back to the Future and Gremlins could've quite easily passed themselves off as Spielberg directed movies. In fact I think most people probably think he did direct them. I did, until I got into movies proper.

Back to the Future was mainly Robert Zemeckis, I think. He was the creative force behind it.

Spielberg lent his name, but I don't think he was that involved, like in, say, Poltergeist.

Back to the Future was mainly Robert Zemeckis, I think. He was the creative force behind it.

Spielberg lent his name, but I don't think he was that involved, like in, say, Poltergeist.

No I wasn't suggesting that Spielberg actually directed BTTF. That movie was Zemeckis' baby. It remains his best film.

No. I only went to go see the first one because Peter Cullen was voicing Optimus Prime again (and seeing the Cloverfield trailer made the trip worthwhile). Like I've said before, I went and bought the 20th Anniversary release of the real Transformers movie, and I'll watch it again around that time this summer.

I won't see it. Rented the first Transformers on DVD... and regretted it! :)

Same here. I can't remember ever being as bored during a big-budget CGI movie as I was in Transformers.

It depends on my wife. The first one is absolute wank and the trailer for this one looks worse, but my wife likes the first one so it will probably be on the cards. But it will still be under protest, and I can't use the excuse of staring at Megan Fox's ass for two hours with her.

It depends on my wife. The first one is absolute wank and the trailer for this one looks worse, but my wife likes the first one so it will probably be on the cards. But it will still be under protest, and I can't use the excuse of staring at Megan Fox's ass for two hours with her.

Why not? Your wife's probably staring for 2 hours at Shia's ass... :);)

I really don't know. I can totally appreciate any and all objections to the first film, and I suspect the same ones will be applicable to the second. That being said, I thought the CGI was very good, and I enjoyed it to a certain extent. I'm sure I'll see the sequel eventually...but I have no idea if it'll be in theaters. I've got much bigger priorities as far as summer cinematic experiences go.

I'll catch it on DVD, but probably won't spend the money in theaters. Not a big enough fan, and the first movie was entertaining but a little brain dead.

I don't like the first one, but I had a blast seeing it in theaters, so sure why not.

Unless someone pays for me, probably not. The first one sucked, and chances are so will this.

Nope, Transformers was one of the worst films I've ever seen. I will agree with Mark in that the first half, especially some of the humor, almost felt like Spielberg, but the second half was complete trash.

Face it, your all going to see it despite what you all say.

JWfans go see these types of movies ,it's a fact

Not really. I don't really go to the theatre that incredibly often, and since there's tons of movie I'd rather see this summer (or any summer, for that matter), I won't be going with this one.

There are only 3 movies I plan on going to see this summer.

Transformers 2 isn't one of them.

No way, the first one has got to be one of the most stupid films I've ever been and the action was quite frankly horrible. Not sure when it'll open here since most releases are being pushed because of the swine flu thing. Terminator has been moved from June 5 to July 31, Wolverine has been moved to May 14 and Star Trek is going to be moved to a new date which hasn't been decided.

Wrong. The question is whether or not we'll see it in the theater, and for me the answer is definitely no. That doesn't mean that I won't see it eventually after it comes out on DVD or what have you, but I doubt it. It doesn't look worth my time.

I says again:

NuteGunray.jpg

"You assume too much."

I'll be seeing Star Trek multiple times probably, and I'll go see the new Potter just because I've seen them all in the theater.

To be honest, this film (and its predecessor) is so much a non-entity to me that its sudden disappearance from Earth would not faze me in any way. So I suppose "No" would be my answer to the question. And I am almost afraid to ask, am I the only male here who thinks that Megan Foxx is only mildly, if even that, attractive?

And I am almost afraid to ask, am I the only male here who thinks that Megan Foxx is only mildly, if even that, attractive?

Hm, tell me what you feel when you look at this photo, Nick?

Chippendales.jpeg

No, but only because I'm deployed to Iraq. So I actually won't be seeing ANY summer movies!

And I am almost afraid to ask, am I the only male here who thinks that Megan Foxx is only mildly, if even that, attractive?

Hm, tell me what you feel when you look at this photo, Nick?

Chippendales.jpeg

;)

And here I was thinking you didn't have a sense of humor. :D

It's spoken by both characters. Nute Gunray says that to Padme (or Amidala) in their conversation through the intercom on the ship, and later on Padme re-uses that line to Qui Gon

Yes I will. Not because of the movie, or Megan Fox, or soundtrack...

I will watch a movie just for CGI. It's like flipping through a picture book for the pictures.