One Big Family

Who here thinks that we have become like a big family? At least like a close knit group of friends? I think, even though I'm not really a part of the major posters, I've seen the conversations that go on, and it seems like everyone is very close, though not physically.

~Conor

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. And I do feel like part of a group of buddies. And I do notice everyone´s posts. Hell, I could name everyone of you. But I won´t do it. Hehehe. [doing my Uncle Leo impression when he tell Jerry he could give him all the money he wants, but he won´t do it :thumbup:]

:biglaugh:

I feel like I am apart of a "group of buddies" as well. We even act like a family; we have our good times together, and we also have our vicious arguments. :thumbup:

-Jason

And what family would be complete with continuous disagreement? Or even people not approving of other people?

At any rate, I too feel like I belong to this community turned family. It's very fun and wonderful to have all you! Thanks!

~Harry

I've only been posting a week or so, but I've been visiting off and on for a couple of years, and I have to say that this is by far the most polite and civil message board I've ever seen, even when there is a massive disagreement. You guys are great!

:thumbup:

If we're a family what would I be exactly??

The illegitimate love child bastard son??? :thumbup:

Seriously though, but I think Roald would have to be the Mother with Stefanacos the father and King Mark the great grand daddy.

-Rogue Leader who wonders if he can expect an inheritance of John Williams scores from Stefancos or King Mark if they die?? :jump:

Here, somebody starts to talk about inheritance of CD collections, so I guess we are family then... This is what family is about: "Do I get the antique clock, I want the furniture". "No, I want your entire Williams CD collection". :thumbup:

This forum is for people who appreciate John Williams music and I am happy to be there, as I don't know people around me that likes to speak about John Williams with me more than 5 minutes :jump:.

So, this is the best place for me to do that, and also the best place to learn news about Maestro's works.

I will start a poll to know how many people have a John Williams collection and if they are interested in a third forum dedicated to collectors. I AM !!! :thumbup:

I also feel that this board is very close, at least for a bunch of people who don't really know each other. I really look forward to coming here each day. And it is very nice to have a place to talk to people about this particular interest we all share. Thanks a lot!

Ray Barnsbury

I feel like this forum is so much like a bunch of friends! It feels like a place for the people who have this huge sliver of something in common that not many other people have (JW). I am fairly new but I really like everyone. And I'm glad we can all have our fun now and then without hurt feelings and everything (I. E. complETELY off topic posts - WHACKY!)

Well,the only problem is that every time we change boards,not every estemmed member follows...Where is Mr.K,Uni,Darth Furter,and others I forget....????Is it the new board format they dont like(I don't really like it either,but I'm still here anyhow.)

K.M.Who misses EZ board.

'Tis true. This place is a very familial place and a place where we all engage in eachother's little worlds and share the fun. It's an ingenius invention, this Johnny Board.

Thanks, guys......and Ren. :)

Director - feeling like he has many more siblings than he knew of

Well, not exactly the Waltons, but.... :?

Actually, there are too many new people here that I still don't know yet to really feel comfortable calling it a "family." However, it's still a pretty tight community, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. And you're right: this is by far the most intelligent and civilized MB on the 'net.

To recall an ancient metaphor....the coffee shop is still open. :)

- Uni

The EZBoard was nice because you could always read the new posts without having to read the older ones to get there.

For newer members who weren't around for that, check out www.filmtracks.com , their message board is the same style as the EZBoard one here was.

-Jason

Well, I'm one of the new ones, and I enjoy coming to this board much more than any of the others I go to. I'm actually phasing out other boards and almost exclusively coming to this one.

As others have said, there is much more civility here as well as a mutual respect for everyone here. And I like the fact that it seems everyone moderates each other.

I'm glad I found this wonderful world. :mrgreen:

You don't have to on this one either, just scroll down to the flagged message :mrgreen:

Hey, Neil, love your new avatar :mrgreen:

Hector

Thanks. I found out how to make Superman bigger though, so I changed it back. Kirk and Spock will have there day again though. :)

Neil

well, today's my first day registered as "part of the family". and i think that this is a pretty interesting group. I also find the message board to be already a bit addicting. i hope, even though i'm more of a horner fan than a williams, that all of you will except me into this group. (williams, in my mind, is still deffinately one of the best)

well, today's my first day

Welcome aboard!

I also find the message board to be already a bit addicting.

Me too!

i hope, even though i'm more of a horner fan than a williams, that all of you will except me into this group.

That's cool, except we'll probably change your mind. :jump:

williams, in my mind, is still deffinately one of the best

Not just one of, he's the best. :(

~Harry

This whole topic weirds me out...

I must admit, this is kind of weird; everyone's getting all gooshy and everthing. but i think that behind it is some truth. it's just a fun group to talk to with at least one thing in common: we love movie scores and John Williams, that's all. 8O