Princess and The Frog - the Trailer at last!

filmmusic

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice to have another traditionally animated Disney flick. Here's to hoping it's as good as the best of their previous Renaissance (the one in the 90's).

It certainly looks good, I love the animation style.

Will this be a musical? I hope so.. A new musical may not reach the level of, say Beauty and the Beast, but it would really be welcome.

It certainly looks good, I love the animation style.

Will this be a musical? I hope so.. A new musical may not reach the level of, say Beauty and the Beast, but it would really be welcome.

Yes, it's a musical with music and songs by Randy Newman. If you ask me, i'd prefer Alan Menken!

Randy Newman has provided some fine scores and is an excellent songwriter. I'm not worried about the musical end of things here, I'll say that.

The best of this trailer looks really good. The worst gives me an unfortunate direct-to-DVD glossy digital animation vibe that I'd just as soon leave out of theatrical animation, thank you very much. We'll see.

Ehhhh... the second half looks great. Lots of exciting stuff going on. The scene with the Princess and the frog seems awkward. Maybe it's just the trailer editing and that Don Fontaine imitator, but the way it's presented I don't really find it funny.