E.T. returns?

Snowster

Schindler's List 2: Back to the Ghetto is still near the top of my most wanted. But I'd want an RnB and Hip Hop soundtrack for that over another JW feeling sorry for Jews type score.

speechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-020.giflaughing-smiley-004.gif

The Schindler's List score bores me.

Minority Report 2 wouldn't really be Minority Report 2 in a way....rename the main character Douglas Quaid and you are pretty close to the original treatment for the movie.....Minority Report 2 would be closer to Total Recall 3....

....having said that - MR is the only Spielberg film in recent years that positively screams out for a sequel.

E.T. II: That Wasn't Me In Phantom Menace, Honest Guv'nor!! And For The Record, I Friggin' HATE M&M's!

Oskar Schindler: Michael J. Fox

Itzhal Stern: Christopher Lloyd

Amon Goeth: Thomas F. Wilson (Biff)

Helen Hirsch: Lea Thompson

He seems to be doing pretty good.

He had a TV special on US TV last Friday that dealt with some of his current life.

• 3 weeks later...
Lets have a poll and find out.
:lol:
Marks always laughs at the stupidest jokes. :lol:

I'll admit, I actually laughed out loud at that one too. Something about the timing in the thread just made it funny.

• 5 years later...

Doing an E.T. sequel without Carl Wozniak would be like doing a Mrs. Doubtfire sequel without Robin Williams:

One of the most beloved and magical films ever made, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial has touched millions worldwide since its release in 1982. But even though it holds such a special spot in the hearts of moviegoers, the actors who brought the characters to life have largely been forgottenparticularly the man behind the film’s titular role.

According to Steven Spielberg, the film’s director, the actor who played E.T. had never acted in a film before and hasn’t acted in another since.

“We don’t know where he came from, but he did a great job,” Spielberg said, recalling a strange day during pre-production when a peculiar, slimy man waddled into a casting meeting and introduced himself as Carl Wozniak. “We’d originally planned to use a puppet for the part of E.T., but when Carl came along, we knew we’d found something special.”

Close up, he genuinely does. It's amazing really.

When he's on wheels though it sort of looks shit, but hey, I wouldn't change if for the world.

Btw, the music as Keys finally comes into shot for his big close up, dressed like he's treating Ebola, is obscenely spectacular. John wasn't on fire when he wrote ET. He was a fucking supernova.

Yeah but what do you think about the part I just mentioned? Watch the scene now and look and listen, notice how the music and image are inseparable, how pristine the recording is, how Coyote's face is lit so subtly sinister and apprehensive at the same time, and how the music is a perfect match for the importance and perceived threat of the scene!

It's amazing!

I don't know if someone already said that, but a sequel to E.T. exists... since 29 years.

"The Green Planet" written in 1985. Not very interresting as I remember...

http://www.amazon.com/E-T-Book-Green-Planet-Novel/dp/0743216407

I don't know if someone already said that, but a sequel to E.T. exists... since 29 years.

"The Green Planet" written in 1985. Not very interresting in my memories...

http://www.amazon.com/E-T-Book-Green-Planet-Novel/dp/0743216407

Is the soundtrack available on Grooveshark?

I also read the Jaws 2 novel, which is quite different from the film, and has a teenage sex scene.

Disgusting. I hope Jason kills them... I mean the shark, sorry!

The only thing I remember about the E.T. sequel is that Eliott goes to the planet of E.T., and that the gravity on this planet is very strange, specially with the water. I remember saying to myself while reading : they will never be able to make a movie about this. Well.. it was in the 80's. Things changed since :-)