The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

.... yes, those are obviously the titles, no guessing is required, Roger basically gave them away.

I repeat:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
:drool::rock::rock2::woop::cheer::w00t:

If they decided to take part in the Die Hard, Predator and Star Trek expansion craze, I'm sure this one will happen too. :)

Karol

Indeed. It could even be included in their next Club batch to coincide with this.

I guess I'd probably find myself buying 2&3, although both have far too much of Silvestri's slapstick, stop-start style to make a consistent listening experience for me. Maybe a solid 45 mins per score.

I have never been a huge fan of Silvestri's Back to the Future franchise so I'll pass.

Bring on Jaws 2!

I have never been a huge fan of Silvestri's Back to the Future franchise so I'll pass.

Bring on Jaws 2!

This!

Are you two serious?

What's not to like about the films?

They are good fun make no mistake, but never much more than that to me. Never left that imprint on me that makes people squee in nostalgic fits for them.

They are good fun make no mistake, but never much more than that to me. Never left that imprint on me that makes people squee in nostalgic fits for them.

Going to a BTTF marathon on the 21th.

I really like all 3 films, but never thought they were the classics that other people seem to think they are.

Great fun though!

Our very own EhTar has interviewed Roger Feigelson about Intrada's 30 year history, with some updates on some oft-requested titles

http://www.underscores.fr/rencontres/interviews-vo/2015/10/interview-with-roger-feigelson-vo/

Ordered both just now.

However, Intrada have all 3 scores available with Pt 1 being a single disc release and Pt 3 not shipping until November

Well, here we are:

http://www.backtothefuturemusic.com/

with the first 2 from Intrada and the 3rd from Varese.

Can anyone explain to me why intrada didn't reissue the double cd for the first film and reissued only the first cd?

Jay posted that on the last page. It's for the broader market, not collectors.

I've had a falling out with them. I used to watch them religiously alongside Star Trek, Star Wars and Indiana Jones. That continued when they were released on DVD and I had to exchange the sequels for properly framed versions. Anyway, I just kinda fell out of love with them. The sequels went first, especially the boring Part III (that broad who plays Doc's girlfriend is fucking atrocious), followed by the zany soulless Part II, which really is an awful follow-up. Eventually, I kinda didn't even like the original, mostly because of the ending where his family is now happy because they're wealthy and he gets his shitty 80s Toyota rust bucket.

I have and always will love the Back To The Future films. I'll always remember one of my brothers taking me to see Part 3 in theater. I don't remember seeing Part 2 but it's my favorite BTTF film.

Anyways I ordered a copy of Part 2 directly from Intrada...sucks we have to wait a couple of weeks for these to start shipping. No need to buy the first one again if you all ready have the previous 2-CD set.

I've had a falling out with them. I used to watch them religiously alongside Star Trek, Star Wars and Indiana Jones. That continued when they were released on DVD and I had to exchange the sequels for properly framed versions. Anyway, I just kinda fell out of love with them. The sequels went first, especially the boring Part III (that broad who plays Doc's girlfriend is fucking atrocious), followed by the zany soulless Part II, which really is an awful follow-up. Eventually, I kinda didn't even like the original, mostly because of the ending where his family is now happy because they're wealthy and he gets his shitty 80s Toyota rust bucket.

Talk about overthinking it!

Yes, it can be overlooked. I own the last release they did of that score and while it's okay, three extra tracks wouldn't make it enough to listen to more than once a year.

No, the ending of BTTF is crap, pure 80s materialistic crap. A family is sad because they're insecure and poor, but confidence brings money and happiness. I'd be happy too, but making that be the moral of the story is crap.

The message is that confidence can bring money and happiness, not that it will.

BTTF is only less than two hours, so it can't waste time in mulling over complex character development that a drama might. Therefore it has to deliver its message in a succinct and almost cartoony fashion.

George is a portrayed as a person with a lot of potential to create a good life for himself. Marty finds out that he had a knack for writing stories. We don't know how talented he was, but the point is Marty gives him a good kick up the arse to harness his passion into something that will help improve his life. On top of that, Marty's influence motivated him to not be a pushover and man up.

And it just so happened that they were a little better off when Marty returned to 1985. They were still living in the same house in the 'burbs, so the McFlys were obviously didn't become millionaires. Not the way Biff became in BTTF2!

• 3 weeks later...

He only said half of the maximum allowed quantity - which was 10,000 for BTTF1, but it could be a different number for BTTF2. Varese's BTTF3 for example is limited to 5,000. If BTTF2 was also 5,000, then it would have sold 2,500 units by now, which sounds logical.