The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I still haven't decided if I should purchase the new Jaws 3 and 4 releases. I've never seen those movies or heard their scores. I've also never seen Jaws 2, but its score is crackin'

I enjoy both. It's not Williams, sure, but not an embarrassment to his heritage either. I like how each one of sequel scores builds on the first one but goes in an entirely different direction from there.

And yeah, Revenge is better than 3-D.

Karol

The Great Train Robbery by Jerry Goldsmith has quietly gone OOP at Intrada without warning. If you were interested in that title and find copies available anywhere else, I recommend buying now before the prices start going up!

The Great Train Robbery by Jerry Goldsmith has quietly gone OOP at Intrada without warning. If you were interested in that title and find copies available anywhere else, I recommend buying now before the prices start going up!

Wasn't that an MAF title?

The Last Starfighter is a great release!

For Lost In Space, might as well wait and see if a complete release is in the works

Theoretically, they are supposed to post when something is going to go OOP. With Great Train Robbery, the simply didn't, for whatever reason. They've remained completely silent on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Intrada has one batch left for the year

Dec 8th Releases

No clues or anything, but just wanted to let you all know of our end of year plans. Our last release date of the year will be Dec. 8th with four titles. Two may be announced a little earlier due to a potential signing of one and screening of the other, but more on that later.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6899

Intrada has one batch left for the year

Dec 8th Releases

No clues or anything, but just wanted to let you all know of our end of year plans. Our last release date of the year will be Dec. 8th with four titles. Two may be announced a little earlier due to a potential signing of one and screening of the other, but more on that later.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6899

Four titles? That's a big batch.

Karol

What is black friday actually? We're not accustomed to such days here. Or maybe called something else.

In the USA, we celebrate Thankgiving the final Thursday of November every year.

The day after is referred to as "Black Friday" because its on that that day the unofficial "Christmas Shopping Season" starts. Just about every store has big sales, and many have some spcial "doorbusters" - deeply discounted items only available for a few hours in the morning. (I think the name comes from this day being the day many stores go from being "in the red" to being "in the black")

Anyways, half a decade ago or more, LLL decided they'd announce their final batch of the year on Black Friday. They don't start taking orders or shipping them until the following Tuesday, so this year that is Tuesday December 1st.

Wikipedia says the term Black Friday originally referred to higher levels of traffic on the heaviest day of shopping of the year, which was the day after Thanksgiving. Later they redefined it as, yes, the day the ledgers go from the red (losing money) into the black.

What is black friday actually? We're not accustomed to such days here. Or maybe called something else.

Internet sales wise, it has become something of an international thing. At least Amazon does it here as well. The European name for it is "Cyber Monday". Yes, Monday.

Cyber Monday is also promoted in the US. It's only ten years old.

Nonsense! Cyber Monday dates back to the time of the Founding Fathers!
The Founding Fathers were too worried about important issues like fully automatic armor piercing bullets for civilian ownership, freeing the slaves and letting them vote, and men who want to wed men. They couldn't be bothered with Cyber Monday.

First actual clue for the Dec 8th batch

Here's a hint to one of them. Long time in the works but finally got moving with the recently discovered 24-track elements, this release features perhaps this composer's largest, darkest and most powerful work. I don't know his entire body of work so someone could certainly dispute, but I have not encountered a score from him like this. And it wasn't used in the film!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=74436#p74436

Sounds like Something Wicked This Way Comes rejected by Georges Delerue.

Interesting. I wonder if the release of the score by Universal France in 2011 contained everything available from Something Wicked This Way Comes. Of course Intrada might add a ton of alternate stuff to complement the score.