The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

The second release is a massive score composed by an American composer. Large orchestra, percussion, chorus with some definite ethnic influences. A modern day epic.

Something Wicked This Way Comes Rejected confirmed:

Creature Features & Intrada pay tribute to Walt Disney's 1983 adaptation of Ray Bradbury's SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES!

We're proud to host an unprecedented symposium celebrating Intrada's brand new CD release of composer Georges Delerue's chilling rejected score. This legendary original music was unheard outside of one fateful test screening, replaced with a new score by the late James Horner.

Join film music journalist Tim Greiving of NPR and The Los Angeles Times as we revisit the film's complicated production with rare footage and behind-the-scenes photos -- plus a panel discussion with Colette Delerue, editor Axel Hubert, film music agent Richard Kraft, soundtrack producer Douglass Fake, and other guests to be added.

Admission is FREE with purchase of the new CD. Seating is limited and available on a first come, first served basis.

https://www.facebook.com/events/467774323406905/

And Roger has finally provided a clue for the fourth title:

That last and final release is an expanded edition of a score by a major current composer and the film's 25th anniversary is rapidly approaching.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=74569#p74569

And Doug has written a Doug's Corner about all 4 titles

12/4/2015
Next week we'll wrap our 30th Anniversary release slate with four new titles for you to consider, three being full world premiere offerings and one premiering an expanded gem from the early 90's. Two of the full premieres are fabulous single CD offerings with one showcasing a beloved composer at his richest and most powerful and one displaying a contemporary fan favorite writing in his most action-filled and epic-scale vernacular. The expanded gem offers one of this uber-popular composer's most endearing and memorable works, at last fully explored. And finally, we have a world premiere 2-CD set of vintage (40's & 50's) masterpieces from several truly classic, A-list writers at their best. Okay, that's my biased sales pitch. Here's a less arguable one - there's something for everyone! You can view the artwork and contents while listening to sound samples on our site this coming Monday, December 7. Orders should begin shipping out the following day.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6913

Sadly, James Horner is no longer a "current" composer

Roger adds:

Like imminent anniversary of it's release date.
I think the title is Edward Scissorhands by Danny Elfman. The film opened Friday, December 7th, 1990.

Never thought Delerue's Something Wicked... rejected score would see the light of day. I think it's just as wondrous and beautiful as Horner's final score, but it's markedly different.

On the whole they have had a stellar year and indeed this batch is excellent. I might have to postpone from ordering immediately and save these babies for the new year to save my poor wallet from burnout.

Young was asked to score the now in production second film, but would only agree to do it the production company releases the scores to both films. So we'll be getting the sequel score a bit sooner then.

I think I read that on FSM.

My order (containing Edward Scissorhands, The Monkey King and Something Wicked This Way Comes) just shipped.

You can now thank me for sharing that vital piece of information that you craved so badly all day long.

Karol

Young was asked to score the now in production second film, but would only agree to do it the production company releases the scores to both films. So we'll be getting the sequel score a bit sooner then.

I think I read that on FSM.

Clever move.

If they're willing to fold on whatever issue held up the first one, to get him on board again, it can't have been a major issue. Certainly, a lot smaller than all the crap preventing Spidey 3.

My order (containing Edward Scissorhands, The Monkey King and Something Wicked This Way Comes) just shipped.

You can now thank me for sharing that vital piece of information that you craved so badly all day long.

Karol

Yay, thanks!

Karol

Yay, thanks!

Share in the nerdy giddiness! Share in it!

I recommend ordering the Delerue and Horner in tandem. Both scores to a Bradbury genre movie, both from composers at the top of their game, both sound ace.

Alas the Horner version is OOP.

I know the Horner score amd it is very good indeed. Remember seeing the Intrada albums at HMV store. Which was really weird. Pity I never bought it.

Karol

I recommend ordering the Delerue and Horner in tandem. Both scores to a Bradbury genre movie, both from composers at the top of their game, both sound ace.

Alas the Horner version is OOP.

Keep an eye out on eBay for a good price.

• 2 months later...

90s animated score coming next week:

Roger says:

One is a smaller film based on a true story. Came out not too long ago and features a score by a composer better known for his sci-fi epics, and we also released a score by him last year to a smaller, but highly effective sci-fi film.

The second title is a greatly expanded early 90s animated feature which now doubles the original playing time, including musical ideas that were not at all represented on the existing CD. Knock-out score!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6995

That doesn't mean its not The Rescuers Down Under.  It just means the title is in their MAF or Special Collection line and not their Disney line.

The Rescuers Down Under would be most welcome. Those opening titles are an all time favorite of mine.

And another Intrada release from the Disney Animated Classics canon gives me hope for the future, especially in light of the lack of news on the Disney Legacy Collection front.

Creature Features website is offering signed copies of both the new Lost In Space release and Rescuers Down Under. I know where I am ordering from!

I probably could make it to the event (like I did for David Shire's Return To Oz), but I'm not exactly around the corner from there (3 hours or so), and honestly wasn't thrilled with how it was handled when I went (they said it was at a certain time, then at the last minute when I got there, it was set at a different time, without any update or explanation until I asked after waiting for so long). So, I will just be ordering this time.