The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

It could also be the two non-Barry sequels together.  It would seem weird to pair the Barry score with just one of the sequels, but what do I know.

Richard Rodney Bennett scored the third one, he's great.  Never heard of the guy who did the second movie, Konrad Elfers.

Funeral In Berlin already had an Intrada CD:

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/36722/

Billion Dollar Brain already had a Kritzerland CD:

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/20981/

So perhaps it is paired with Spy Story, which doesn't seem to have ever had a release of any kind.

Oh nevermind, that's from the 70s.

Could be another Barry score from the mid 60s, maybe.

Or really, could be anything spy-related from the mid 60s from the Universal vault.

There were a bunch of random spy movies in that period, so we could be off here.  I'd certainly be potentially interested in this Barry score I've never heard if that's one of them.

But not a LARGE amount of mid 60s spy movies that had an LP release, and then a CD in another country but never the USA.

~

Another possibility:

That Man In Istanbul (1965) by Georges Garvarentz had an LP, and then a CD only by Harkit

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/21132/

Spy With A Cold Nose (1966) by Riz Ortolani had an LP release and never a CD

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/20527/

Seems both films would be owned by Sony, I think

Hopefully you were able to pick up some great pre-2012 specialty label titles before they went OOP, like Independence Day and 1941!

13 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

1941 I bought secondhand for a pretty reasonable price after it sold out.  Don’t have ID4!

I bet ID4 soon gets a rerelease. If not, I'm willing to sell you my signed copy for 100 dollars. ;)

On 6/6/2018 at 11:50 PM, Jay said:

Roger has posted the first clues for Tuesday's new release

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7838

New update from Doug Fake :

Our latest “every-two-weeks” new CD arrives this Tuesday, like (mostly) clockwork. However, due to some vacation schedules getting underway, you’ll find the artwork, contents and sound samples posting here one day earlier than normal, i.e. tomorrow eve, Sunday the 10th. It’s a very modest release, consisting of two 60’s soundtrack albums making their American CD premieres on a single disc, both in their original US versions from the original album masters. Whether these are nostalgic titles you may have grown up with, or they be products from before your time, both remain musical delights. Watch for artwork, contents and sound samples to appear here tomorrow eve, Sunday the 10th. Orders will begin shipping on Tuesday the 12th.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

Hmm what could it be?

And when will The Wind and the Lion be back in stock? It's been on my shopping list forever!

Karol

The guess at FSM seems to be in the right direction. 

No one at FSM seemed to accept our Ipcress File suggestion but no one seemed to refute it either.  There’s no clear consensus in that thread that I could divine

Small update from Roger about their continued work with Universal:

We have a couple of Universal titles coming out next month if they can get through the system in time. Not Conan though. Still working through paperwork on that one.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=127102&forumID=1&archive=0

On 6/11/2018 at 6:07 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

So does the Mainstream label have anything interesting in their vaults to look forward to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Records

Well in addition to this latest twofer and Mandel's Harper, Intrada has in the past few years also done new editions from the original tapes for Jerry Goldsmith's The Trouble With Angels (expanded with film stems) and the unique Stagecoach album recording, paired with Malcolm Arnold's The Heroes of Telemark.

Maybe a new release of The Collector by Maurice Jarre from original tapes?

A new edition of Goldsmith's A Patch of Blue? Intrada put out their last edition of this over 20 years ago.

Barry's King Rat?

Rota's Juliet of the Spirits?

There are also works by other obscure but talented film composers like Ruby Raksin (David Raksin's brother), Elliott Kaplan (no relation to Sol Kaplan as far as I know), and more...

Yavar

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Small update from Roger about their continued work with Universal:

We have a couple of Universal titles coming out next month if they can get through the system in time. Not Conan though. Still working through paperwork on that one.

At this point I usually keep forgetting whether they've released it yet.

The original recording of The Destroyer is so awfully performed that I'm really not interested in a possible upcoming expansion from Intrada. Both re-recordings are gorgeous though.

I still want it because Basil conducted it. Plus, I'm hoping that the performance can be "improved" in similar fashion to what Michael Mattesino painstakingly did for Superman IV, piecing together the best parts from multiple takes:

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=4066

"NSB: The biggest job for the shortest film. That makes a lot of sense. Can you explain the differences between having every recorded take and the selected takes?

MM: It means you have a lot more material to listen to, which means a lot of data to manage. Creatively it means you have the extra step of figuring out the accurate performance of each cue. Paperwork is sometimes helpful with this, because selected takes are often circled, but quite often I have to check cues against the film to determine exactly where edits were done, and so on. As Superman IV progressed, however, I took a bit more liberal approach since much of the music hadn’t been heard and the performance was shaky, mainly because the budget allowed for very few takes per cue, but having them all gave me the opportunity to create the best musical performances possible.

NSB: And you did this by not only combining takes, but also replacing individual instruments at times, right?

MM: Definitely. That’s one of the advantages of having the multi-track. If there’s a noise or a bum note you can take care of it right at the source without having to touch the tracks not affected by it. I fixed a lot of clams in one take by finding the same note played correctly in another, which is something they weren’t doing until all music editing started going digital. The disadvantage of multi-track is when you’re remixing something that has already been released because it’s very easy for it to go astray and end up sounding different form what listeners are used to and what the original artists intended. With Superman IV, however, the movie didn’t sound very good and there had never been a soundtrack release, so in a sense this freed me up in how I could approach it, which was basically to make it the best musical presentation possible."

Yavar

Intrada is working on at least 3 Horner titles and 2 Goldsmiths, no Williams though

Coming the rest of the year, albums by Jerry Goldsmith, Alan Silvestri, Bill Conti, James Horner, More Goldsmith, more Horner, Andrew Powell, Arthur B Rubinstein, even more Horner, possibly Max Steiner, and more

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7848

I wonder what the Silvestri could be

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Maybe Flight of the Navigator?  I'm not hoping for it, it's dated as heck and not one of his best as I remember it.

Fingers crossed for a complete release of The Lonely Guy, the only remaining JG score to receive a soundtrack LP (albeit with only two score cues and a song he was involved in) but no CD. It's a wonderful orchestral score (actually my favorite work of his by far in 1984) and I can't wait for other people to discover it.

Yavar

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Goldsmith and Silvestri were mentioned back to back. So maybe... 

...wait a minute! Are these emoticons :john: :jerry: :james: supposed to represent specific composers?!

So maybe it could finally be The Mummy and The Mummy Returns.

2 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Are these emoticons :john: :jerry: :james: supposed to represent specific composers?!

Yes

Let's see, as far as Horner goodness goes...well, while I have Land Before Time and find the album perfect as is, I'm sure folks would be quite ecstatic to see it reissued. 

Fievel Goes West's album is also fine, though there's some unreleased music I've always missed. While I prefer it to the original American Tail (both score and film), I've always been baffled this bit wasn't on the album.

3 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Goldsmith and Silvestri were mentioned back to back. So maybe... 

...wait a minute! Are these emoticons :john: :jerry: :james: supposed to represent specific composers?!

So maybe it could finally be The Mummy and The Mummy Returns.

Oh gosh, from your mouth to God's ears...(and I'm not even remotely religious) :)

I really hope you're right!

Here's my top want list for Goldsmith releases from Intrada though:

1. The Lonely Guy 
2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
3. The Last Castle 
4. MacArthur
5. Leviathan
6. Anna and the King 
7. S*P*Y*S
8. The Don Is Dead
9. The Reincarnation of Peter Proud
10. The Mummy / Mulan (these three are at the bottom of the list only because I can make do with the unmentionables I have for now, though I'd love complete official releases with great packaging/liner notes/sound)

For Horner I'm hoping for Willow expanded and Romeo & Juliet rejected of course, but also Volunteers (which Roger has been trying to do for some time) and Young Guns rejected...

Yavar

4 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

3. The Last Castle 
4. MacArthur
5. Leviathan
10. The Mummy / Mulan

These are the releases I'm hoping for. I don't know the rest that good, so right now it's much lower priority for me. Of the aforementioned titles I just own The Mummy, because The Last Castle can get an expansion at any time, MacArthur is OOP, Leviathan is OOP and the OST of Mulan doesn't seem to be worth owning, so I'm also waiting for that one.

Apollo 13, I hope is one of them. Fully expanded to its complete form and not as a repress of the promo program. 

Willow I hope happens this year. We know it's been in the works. 

I'd love to see The Land Before Time grace as a 2cd project. 

4 hours ago, Amer said:

Willow I hope happens this year. We know it's been in the works. 

I'd love to see The Land Before Time grace as a 2cd project. 

Both of which celebrate their 30th anniversaries this year.

Karol