The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I have no recollection of the movie let alone the score.

• 2 weeks later...

GG WP

BTW I still think it's really weird to separate Disc 1 out in 3 disc releases where the main score is spread over Discs 1 and 2. Have 1 and 2 in the front, booklet and Disc 3 with extras in the back!

Well better he check and fix now because you know there are certain anal members in our community who would throw a fit, most reside at another message board.......

I’m just amazed at how easy he pops those trays out...😳

Yeah, the trays I've come across would surely pop a peg or two if I tried forcing them like that.

I stopped posting at FSM because I grew tired of their website not remembering my login credentials. I'm sure there are ways around that now, but difficulty of login made the forum inconvenient. 

18 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I stopped posting there because I was labeled a cat killer for posting a funny YouTube video of two cats brawling to Silvestri’s Predator. 

Oh, I know that video and it's awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

New title on August 27th.

Update from Doug: 8/17/2019:

Vacations are wrapping up for the time being. When Kay returns for duty this coming week, the whole team should be on hand… at least for another week or two! Our next new CD release is scheduled for August 27. There are a number of additional releases approaching the finish line but these days studio staffing remains pretty busy and final approvals tend to move a lot slower than they did in “the old days”. I’m doing double duty, on one hand wrapping up another 1970’s Disney world premiere and on the other hand studying in depth the original manuscripts for the entire Dial M For Murder score, our new recording project happening in just about three weeks or so. Also ahead are a pretty cool set of discs for what amounts to an almost world premiere, and soon afterwards we should be seeing the arrival of a terrific, personal favorite which was at one point going to be simply the best audio release of a classic album from several decade ago, itself a re-recording, only to have things happily result in a world premiere release of the actual soundtrack recordings as well. And there’s plenty more beyond those, too. Stay tuned.

Damn, if the Disney is from the 70s it's not Earth Star Voyager. Oh well. 

Looking forward to seeing what everything he mentioned ends up being! 

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

Damn, if the Disney is from the 70s it's not Earth Star Voyager. Oh well. 

Looking forward to seeing what everything he mentioned ends up being! 

I think it's my holy grail:  Disney's ONE OF OUR DINOSAUR'S IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin). One of the most requested titles from the guys. It's also the first thing I asked Lukas Kendall when I met at the FSM office during the FSM Label days. 

Judging from Roger’s list of composers though I feel Lalo Schifrin’s Witch Mountain score is most likely...

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8195&start=0

I don’t think his Earth Star Voyager is likely, because wasn’t that TV? Intrada has had trouble getting to Disney TV titles, as Roger recently mentioned here:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6993

Yavar

I’m curious about the one from several decades ago that was a re-recording but now the original tracks have been found. 

Several decades would imply the 80’s / 90’s to me.

But I forgot, I linked a quote a few pages back where Doug Fake mentioned it was from the 60’s.

23 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

I’m curious about the one from several decades ago that was a re-recording but now the original tracks have been found. 

Yes. There should be enough information in the blurb for someone to narrow it down?

Jane Eyre original album is not a re-recording. 6 tracks are film cues and 5 were arranged and recorded specifically for album, at the same sessions. Similar to ET.

If it’s a Goldsmith it’s almost certainly Hour of the Gun I think. I believe there are a couple Bernstein and Barry scores that might also fit what we know too, though.

Yavar

13 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

If it’s a Goldsmith it’s almost certainly Hour of the Gun I think. I believe there are a couple Bernstein and Barry scores that might also fit what we know too, though.

Were the songs on the Hallelujah Trail LP film tracks or album arrangements? Although I probably wouldn't call that a "classic album".

Roger says

Coming August 27th 

ImageImage

And listen to the mini-podcast with Doug Fake where he talks about this project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/phyiwrxydlynk ... r.mp3?dl=0

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8246

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from Intrada, they're having a 30% sale on selected titles.

Selected titles 30% off for a limited time while supplies last. Sale Ends Sept 11, 11:59pm Pacific time.

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.67400/.f

Some of these are absolutely amazing titles and I'm sad to see they apparently haven't sold all that well. At 30% off I really hope some people give them a shot. The Waxman box is the best deal ever, and the 30s material in particular sounds amazing! And of course Craig Safan's Son of the Morning Star is his magnum opus.

Oh, and Hugo Montenegro may not be a familiar name, but Hurry Sundown is also HIS magnum opus so try out the sound clips; it's an amazing release of an amazing score!

Also highly recommended: Elmer Bernstein's Themes from General Electric Theater, McNeely's TinkerBell scores (the second, Lost Treasure, is my favorite, but the first sets up the world beautifully), Rio Conchos/The Artist Who Did Not Want to Paint (Jerry Goldsmith's best-ever re-recording of his own work, with the latter title my favorite performance of my favorite piece Jerry ever wrote! MUST OWN!), and Return to the Blue Lagoon by Poledouris (listen to the clips!)

Yavar

Roger says

Next Intrada Release

The release that was supposed to be out this week was delayed at the plant, so it will be paired with the release that was already scheduled in a couple of weeks. But in the meantime I figure I could tell you what it is! Here's the podcast that goes with it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mqt4s8b3ycsv ... t.mp3?dl=0 Obviously ignore my comment about it being available this Tuesday. Of course someone will miss this and try to order it Tuesday.

ImageImage

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8266

So does that mean two titles on Tuesday the 24th then?  Howard the Duck and the 1970’s Disney world premiere?