The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

15 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Mulan, please!

Yavar Moradi wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
I had asked about The Rescuers, but Disney wanted to retain that one for their own (potential) plans.

Can you confirm whether Mulan is also in that same boat, out of curiosity? :)

Interesting that they let you release The Black Cauldron and (especially) The Rescuers Down Under, but not the original Rescuers. I guess it makes me more hopeful that the Disney Legacy series will continue, even though there hasn't been a new release in it for a while now.

Yavar

Yes, Mulan in same boat. Black Cauldron was a co-branded release, so they really did it, but Down Under we licensed outright.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=81877#p81877

14 hours ago, Amer said:

One of their favorite composers is Bruce Broughton..... 

Intrada has lots of favorite composers... Goldsmith and Williams obviously in addition to Broughton, but also Holdridge, Safan, Young, Horner, etc. Is there a Broughton Disney score long enough for (and deserving of) a two disc edition?

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Or some 60s or 70s Disney flick

Is there some reason you think it's another score from that decade, apart from the fact that they recently released Lalo Schifrin's Return from Witch Mountain (1978)? Intrada often jumps around...

4 hours ago, publicist said:

Meh.

Clearly you haven't heard their recent Schifrin Disney 70s release, because it is as far from "Meh" as one could possibly get. It's thrilling orchestral Schifrin 70s badassery...

Yavar

10 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Intrada has lots of favorite composers... Goldsmith and Williams obviously in addition to Broughton, but also Holdridge, Safan, Young, Horner, etc. Is there a Broughton Disney score long enough for (and deserving of) a two disc edition?

He only did 4 feature film scores under the Disney brand, all of which Intrada has expanded at this point:

The Rescuers Down Under

Honey I Blew up the Kid

Homeward Bound

Homeward Bound II

Other than that there's the two direct-to-DVD films: Three Musketeers (already released by Intrada) and Bambi 2.

There's always Shadow Conspiracy, which was distributed by Disney under their now-defunct Hollywood Pictures label, and would be *awesome* to get an expanded release for.  But I don't think Roger would call that "a Disney title."  Would it need 2 discs anyway?  I'm not familiar with the complete score.

With an announcement like that i expect at least Goldsmith, JNH or Horner. 

'Honey I Blew Up the Kid' is a great score, but it's well-served by its 45 minute release.

7 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

He only did 4 feature film scores under the Disney brand, all of which Intrada has expanded at this point:

The Rescuers Down Under

Honey I Blew up the Kid

Homeward Bound

Homeward Bound II

Other than that there's the two direct-to-DVD films: Three Musketeers (already released by Intrada) and Bambi 2.

Hmmm...I can't imagine Bambi 2 would require two discs in complete form, due to the film length. But sign me up for an expanded edition of that, if there's more music!

8 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

There's always Shadow Conspiracy, which was distributed by Disney under their now-defunct Hollywood Pictures label, and would be *awesome* to get an expanded release for.  But I don't think Roger would call that "a Disney title."  Would it need 2 discs anyway?  I'm not familiar with the complete score.

Shadow Conspiracy and Carried Away are the two previous Intrada Broughton albums I hope they'll expand if there's more music to include. LOVE those scores. (I guess I'd also include a new edition of The Old Man and the Sea, but I've heard licensing that for a new release is impossible for some reason.)

Yavar

Our first 2020 new soundtrack release hits mid-month and it’s one I’ve been excited about seeing happen for awhile now. A 2-CD set, a Disney title, a magnificent score from a favorite composer… what’s not to like? 

4 Jame Horner/Disney possibilities:

Honey I Shrunk The Kids, now finally actually complete (on disc 1), with their old "album" on disc 2

Something Wicked This Way Comes, complete this time

The Journey of Natty Gann complete this time,  with the intended album on disc 2

Mighty Joe Young, expanded for the first time

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Mighty Joe Young by James Horner?

That's a very good guess and there was a bootleg a few months before. And it's Horner's final *old-style* kiddie score with impossibly high production values (reportedly, the score cost Disney 3 million $ which they couldn't refuse Horner because he just won his two Oscars).

29 minutes ago, Jay said:

Is Goldsmith's Mulan score long enough to need two discs?

1 hour ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Yavar Moradi wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
I had asked about The Rescuers, but Disney wanted to retain that one for their own (potential) plans.

Can you confirm whether Mulan is also in that same boat, out of curiosity? :)

Interesting that they let you release The Black Cauldron and (especially) The Rescuers Down Under, but not the original Rescuers. I guess it makes me more hopeful that the Disney Legacy series will continue, even though there hasn't been a new release in it for a while now.

Yavar

Yes, Mulan in same boat. Black Cauldron was a co-branded release, so they really did it, but Down Under we licensed outright.

How does what you just quoted answer my question of if the score is long enough to need to discs?   

A question that Pub already answered, btw.

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

4 James Horner/Disney possibilities:

Honey I Shrunk The Kids, now finally actually complete (on disc 1), with their old "album" on disc 2

Something Wicked This Way Comes, complete this time

The Journey of Natty Gann complete this time,  with the intended album on disc 2

Mighty Joe Young, expanded for the first time

All good suggestions, especially expansions of the three "album arrangements" Intrada did with Horner's involvement back at the start of their new arrangement with Disney... I think having those albums (because Horner himself worked them out) justifying a second disc (whether or not the scores' lengths warrant it) makes perfect sense.

I'd also be interested in a Mighty Joe Young expansions which I think has a good chance too.

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Crimson Tide by Hans Zimmer?

That's a "Meh" from me though I know it would excite some (the Disney Zimmer I would probably buy if released is Cool Runnings, a nostalgic favorite but probably one which wouldn't require two discs).

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

Flubber by Danny Elfman?

Not a bad guess (I think it would require two discs for the complete score?), though Intrada hasn't done all that much Elfman.

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

Candleshoe by Ron Goodwin?

Intrada already released (they also did The Spaceman and King Arthur aka Unidentified Flying Oddball, another Disney score of his):
http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/25113/Candleshoe
http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/26020/Spaceman+And+King+Arthur%2C+The

There are three remaining unreleased Goodwin scores for Disney, but two of them are for TV movies and Intrada hasn't been able to get access to Disney TV as of yet (see: DuckTales by Ron Jones, Earth Star Voyager by Lalo Schifrin). The third remaining unreleased Goodwin Disney score is maybe the best -- One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing -- and I really hope Intrada has it in the works though I don't think it would require two discs...

Flight of the Navigator by Alan SIlvestri?

Maybe, but would it require two discs? The SuperTracks promo for the score was only one (and not full).

Iron Will by Joel McNeely?

Already released complete by Intrada, not that long ago (turned out Varese didn't get perpetuity rights on Disney titles, it seems):

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11842/.f

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

White Fang 2 by John Debney?

Maybe. There's a composer promo but an official edition would be good and Intrada did release everything Poledouris, Zimmer, and Walker wrote for the original film...

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

How does what you just quoted answer my question of if the score is long enough to need to discs?    A question Pub already answered, btw.

I think he's saying the question is moot since Mulan has already been ruled out, for now.

Yavar

I guess he didn't notice that myself and others had already been discussing Mulan before the Yavar post he quoted

On 1/2/2020 at 2:21 PM, crocodile said:

Mulan?

23 hours ago, Fal J. M. Skywalker said:

I'd buy that!

22 hours ago, Jay said:

I'd love it to be Mulan by Goldsmith for sure

15 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Mulan, please!

On 1/2/2020 at 2:15 PM, Holko said:

Our first 2020 new soundtrack release hits mid-month

This is all we know

Well to be fair, he didn't say it was one of HIS favorite composers :)

I took it to me a fan-favorite composer

Signs is my favourite JNH by miles. I'm patiently waiting for it and The Village to be expanded. The latter would definitely qualify for the 'most improved over OST' thread. The OST is not a good representation of the score.

1 hour ago, publicist said:

Tons of great scores by JNH. Dinosaur's few standout pieces are more than well covered by its album, though.

This.

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Waterworld is indeed good, and my second favorite.

Atlantis is a better and meatier version of that. Waterworld, while fine, feels bit thin and undercooked in places. The heroic theme gets on my nerves.

Karol

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Well to be fair, he didn't say it was one of HIS favorite composers :)

I took it to me a fan-favorite composer

He said he was excited for it though...

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

Atlantis is a better and meatier version of that. Waterworld, while fine, feels bit thin and undercooked in places. The heroic theme gets on my nerves.

Karol

I find Waterworld too 'heavy' somehow, just a bit overwhelming, even in OST form. It was a replacement score though. Atlantis is a much more pleasant listen.

2-CD set, a Disney title, a magnificent score from a favorite composer = Alive

???

The album was on Hollywood Records, but it's a Universal film, wouldn't that make it a Disney Music / Universal Pictures title?

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8340

The film was released by Touchstone Pictures in the US and Paramount Pictures in the rest of the world. According to the podcast the 2 CD-set includes the complete score (73 min.), the original album (30 min.), a lot of rescored cues (38 min.) and the music of 2 trailers.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

I's not sure why JTWFan thinks it's a Universal movie.  It's a Disney movie

Apologies Jay, I meant Paramount not Universal. Where I live it was released by CIC (Universal/Paramount's home video arm) hence my confusion. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS9k1rm-42nFh-Rxj4InC

Alive-Pal-Laserdisc.jpg

But is the score magnificent though?

I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Time Bandits coming Feb 11th!  I have not seen this movie since the 1980s so I don't remember much of it but I do remember it being entertaining to a kid my age.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8370