The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I don't know how Doug decides which Horner expansions to do himself, vs which ones he has Matessino do

Produced by Doug Fake:

• Batteries Not Included
  • Balto
  • Clear and Present Danger
  • Cocoon
  • A Far Off Place
  • Gorky Park
  • The Rocketeer
  • Troy

Produced by Mike Matessino

• Apollo 13
  • An American Tail
  • Legends of the Fall

I hope he lets Matessino do Willow but there's no way to predict.

I've never had any problem with Intrada's Horner expansions, whether or not MM was involved, so bring Willow on I say!

As long as it's not brickwalled and doesn't use film stems.

Yeah I haven't had an issue with their releases for Horner.  I don't understand people's issue with the Rocketeer.  Maybe because I don't ever listen with headphones i don't notice the same issues. 

I'm so curious to know how they assemble the program.  The OST is notable for how long its tracks are, but that's because a lot of cues really are meant to flow into each other.

Just check out my iso score videos made with the OST.  It was possible to split a couple of the longer tracks in places.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:21 PM, Disco Stu said:

Willow

Reveal hidden contents

21 minutes ago, Demondm810 said:

Yeah I haven't had an issue with their releases for Horner.  I don't understand people's issue with the Rocketeer.  Maybe because I don't ever listen with headphones i don't notice the same issues. 

I do listen with headphones and I think Intrada's Rocketeer sounds incredible!

12 hours ago, crocodile said:

Just a quick update on Willow from Roger.

So at least we know now it is definitely coming. :)

Good to know. What does "approved" mean in this context though? Not final approval including track list and artwork, I imagine, or the only thing left to do would be the physical production and they'd have at least a rough estimate?

12 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Good to know. What does "approved" mean in this context though? Not final approval including track list and artwork, I imagine, or the only thing left to do would be the physical production and they'd have at least a rough estimate?

It means Lucasfilm approved their request for a license to release a new soundtrack album of music from that property.

It doesn't mean they even have the music yet, or that the Disney vaults even contain the proper elements.  Licenses are granted all the time for albums that never actually come out.

For anyone curious about what Take Her, She's Mine sounded like before Chris Malone got ahold of it, Chris gave us a sample of the "before", which we incorporated into the latest Goldsmith Odyssey Interview with Neil S. Bulk, who also worked on that release. Check out our conversation if you have the time; we cover all or most of the Goldsmith releases Neil has worked on, over the years...

http://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/3978677-odyssey-interviews-neil-s-bulk-part-1
http://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/3978893-odyssey-interviews-neil-s-bulk-part-2

odyssey_interviews_neil_s_bulk.jpg

Yavar

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

A typo in a booklet that Jay was proof-reading? :lol:

A New Hope: Revisited End Credits.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really “unheard” as Intrada released it (1500 copies I think) in 2002 at the very beginning of their Special Collection line almost two decades ago! And in those 18 years, it has become one of the most expensive Intrada releases on the secondhand market, going for $200-250 on Discogs, eBay, and Amazon Marketplace. A handful of folks at FSM have regularly been clamoring for a reissue because the original is so out of reach financially, so essentially this is Intrada saying “We Hear You”.

Dunno if I’ll rebuy it myself. It’s a good score though. Kinda wish I’d sold my old copy a while back when I was a poor student...

The Rosenthal score I really want Intrada to remaster (and expand if possible) is his The Bourne Identity. It is frickin’ awesome and out of print for much longer than Mussolini.

Yavar

9/6/2020

In the upcoming weeks we can happily say a number of long-stalled releases are all finally… well, un-stalled. Yep, now in manufacturing. And pretty exciting they be, too.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8541

Hope for Conan The Destroyer?  Jaws redone?

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things they've mentioned are in the works but haven't come out yet...

I found this, from December 2016

It's on our list for UMG and Disney. It'll happen someday.

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118173&forumID=1&archive=0

That doesn't really imply they ever actually got the license or the elements, let alone that it was close enough to coming out that it was finished on their end and just awaiting approvals...

Or do you think he mentioned Willow again, at a later date?

Well it's not much, but there's this from May 2018

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=79295#p79295

This one is definitely being reviewed, but a little tricky.

And it was talked about recently here

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=141253&forumID=1&archive=0

Just speculation on my part

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

Did they post online that Willow is coming?  I honestly can't remember

He did say earlier this year that it has been approved but there's lot of things to navigate.

Karol

While the evidence is flimsy, it shows that at some point it was being looked at.

Given some of the amazing Horner releases we've seen (Legends of the Fall, Apollo 13, An American Tail, Balto etc.) I would not be surprised to see Willow released at some point.

My wish (ant it is a wish, not a prediction) is that we get something like Sneakers, Feivel Goes West or The Perfect Storm on the Horner side.

There is so much in the Horner filmography that is worthy of release.

It is also possible we may be getting Conan The Destroyer, which has been worked on for a while, and absolutely deserves to be released.

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

He did say earlier this year that it has been approved but there's lot of things to navigate.

Karol

Are you sure about that claim?  Can you back it up with a link to where he said that?

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Are you sure about that claim?  Can you back it up with a link to where he said that?

Sure, I posted this on the previous page on the 27th of May:

Looks like the link is slightly wrong @Jay. It's on page 4 of that FSM thread. So that was the last update from 22nd of May this year.

Karol

Brilliant!  Thanks for that.  Here is the full quote

Willow, please!

I think I mentioned before that this was approved, but as with many things there's lots to navigate. So in time.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=1&threadID=140317&archive=0

That was from May 22, 2020.... so it's plausible it could be ready by the end of the year.  But him saying "in time" means to me he doesn't expect it too soon... who knows

So anyway, other than Willow, Conan The Destroyer, and a revised version of Jaws, what else has Intrada told us they are working on but hasn't come out yet?

It sold out even though it was marketed as "unlimited". So now they're bringing it back but they have to alter it in some way or something.